- PLAY. Plays / Pauses the track.
- CUE. When the Deck is paused, you can set a temporary Cue Point by moving the Platter to place the Audio Pointer at the desired location and then pressing the Cue Button.
During playback, you can press the Cue Button to return the track to this Cue Point. (If you did not set a Cue Point, then it will return to the beginning of the track.).
If the Deck is paused, you can press and hold the Cue Button to play the track from the Temporary Cue Point. Releasing the Cue Button will return the track to the temporary Cue Point and pause it. To continue playback without returning to the Temporary Cue Point, press and hold the Cue Button, then press and hold the Play Button, and then release both buttons.
- SYNC. Press this button to automatically match the corresponding Deck's tempo with the opposite Deck's (or the Master Deck’s if using a 4 decks Skin) tempo and phase. Press and hold Shift and press this button to set this deck as Master Deck.
- PITCH. Adjust the track's playback speed (tempo).
The actual pitch fader will not alter the pitch of the track if the actual pitch and the software pitch value do not match (software soft-takeover, ghost fader visible on the GUI). In most cases this may happen if SYNC is prior pressed or switching decks and the other deck is having a different pitch software value.
- KEYLOCK. Press this button to "lock" the track's pitch to its original key. The track's tempo will remain at the speed designated by the Pitch Fader.
Hold SHIFT down and then press this button to adjust the range of the Pitch Fader ( to ±6%, ±8%, ±10%, ±12%, ±20%, ±25%, ±33%, ±50%, and ±100%).
The Led of the KEYLOCK will blink when the left or right decks are switched and the selected deck is having a different pitch value than the previous and will stop if the pitch fader meets that value (hardware soft-takeover, not visible on the GUI).
- DECK SELECT. Switch Left decks (1 and 3) and Right Decks (2 and 4). The left side of the MC6000MKII will control VirtualDJ decks 1 or 3, and the right side will control VirtualDJ decks 2 or 4.
- SHIFT. Press and hold this button to access secondary functions (mainly in white lettering) of other controls on the MC6000MKII
- HOTCUE/SAMPLER BUT. These 4 buttons offer a different function depending on the selected mode (31).
In HotCue mode the 4 buttons assign a Hot Cue Point (1 to 4) or returns the track to that Hot Cue Point. When a Hot Cue Button is unlit, you can assign a Hot Cue Point by pressing it at the desired point in your track. Once it is assigned, the Hot Cue Button will light. To return to that Hot Cue Point, simply press it.
Press and hold SHIFT and then press a Hot Cue Button to delete its assigned Hot Cue Point.
In Sampler mode, the 4 buttons will trigger a Sample from the selected Bank of VirtualDJ. If the selected bank has less than 5 samples (slots), both sides of the MC6000MKII will control the same samples. If a bank has more than 4 samples (slots), the left side of the MC6000MKII will control samples 1 to 4 and the right side samples 5 to 8.
Hold SHIFT down and then press a button to stop the corresponding sample (useful if the selected Sampler Trigger mode is set to Stutter or Unmute)
- LOOP IN. Press this button to set a Loop In (Entry point).
Hold SHIFT down and then press this button to set the Jogwheel to Loop In mode and (fine) adjust the Loop In point using the jog when a loop is enabled. The Led of the button will blink to indicate the Loop In Wheel mode. Press again to return the Jogwheel to Jog mode.
- LOOP OUT. Press this button to set the Loop Out (Exit point).
Hold SHIFT down and then press this button to set the Jogwheel to Loop Out mode and (fine) adjust the Loop Out point using the jog when a loop is enabled. The Led of the button will blink to indicate the Loop Out Wheel mode. Press again to return the Jogwheel to Jog mode.
- LOOP-. Press this button to half the size (in beats) of the Loop.
In Sampler Mode, hold the HOTCUE/SAMPLER mode button (31) down and then use this button to half the size of the Sampler Loop (in case the Sample is in Loop mode)
- AUTOLOOP. Press this button to enable/disable a Loop of the selected size.
Hold SHIFT down and then hold this button down to trigger a Loop Roll (momentary). While both buttons are held, use the LOOP-(28) and LOOP+(30) buttons to half or double the size of the Loop Roll.
- LOOP+. Press this button to double the size (in beats) of the Loop.
In Sampler Mode, hold the HOTCUE/SAMPLER mode button (31) down and then use this button to double the size of the Sampler Loop (in case the Sample is in Loop mode)
- HOTCUE/SAMPLER MODE. Use this button to select the HotCue or Sampler mode for the HotCue/sampler buttons (25).
- CENSOR. Hold this button down to play the track in reverse. When released the track will continue to play from the position it would have been if the button was never pressed (censor).
Hold SHIFT down and then press this button to enable/disable Slip mode. When Slip mode is enabled several actions like HotCues, Loops and scratching with the Jogwheel will act temporary and the track will return to the position it would have been if the Slip mode was never enabled.
- VINYL. Press this button to set the Jogwheel to Vinyl (Scratch) or CD (Bend) mode. In Vinyl mode, use the outer part of the Jogwheel to bend (temporary speed up – slow down the tempo of the track).
- PITCH BEND. Press and hold down these buttons to temporary speed up/slow down the song while pressed. When released, the track playback will return to the speed designated by the Pitch Fader.
Hold SHIFT down and then use these buttons to move the track backwards/forward by 4 beats.(seek)
- JOG. Touch sensitive jogwheel. Use the jogwheel to scratch (if Vinyl mode is selected) or pitch bend. Hold SHIFT down and then use the jogwheel to fast seek through the track.
When a Loop is enabled, hold SHIFT down and then use the jogwheel to move the Loop forward or backwards through the track. The Jogwheel also offers Loop In and Loop Out point adjustment (see LoopIn, LoopOut buttons)