Accesso rapido:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: HERCULES RMX & VIRTUAL DJ - Static Noise?

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

Ok ive just bought my Big 500w dj speakers, the 1600w amp to go with it...

When i run my VDJ & Hercules RMX i basically have the USB from PC to Hercules, And then run the output to amp and the amp to speakers. This works absolutley fine and sounds PERFECT.

BUT!!!!!!!!!!

When i use mylaptop (which im gunna use for gigs) i do the same set up, use the USB lead, Output to amp from the RMX and for some reason it starts off fine playing the tunes, then after bout 10 seconds whenever you move a corss fader or a pitch adjuster it makes a STATIC NOISE. has anyone ever had this happen?

I've asked a few people and they fink it may be because it isnt earhted, but i earthed the mixer just now and it still does it, the only other thing i can fink of is that the USB ports are not as good on a laptop as they are on my PC?

ANy help greatly appreciated

Inviato Mon 24 Nov 08 @ 3:49 pm
Tear Em 'UpPRO InfinitySenior ModeratorMember since 2006
Untick Safe Mode, and Overclock. And adjust your latency settings.

Inviato Mon 24 Nov 08 @ 3:59 pm
adjust latency settings to wot?

Inviato Mon 24 Nov 08 @ 4:01 pm
taylaPRO InfinityMember since 2007
have you the latest drivers installed from hercules and are you using vdj version 5.2.1 if not register the rmx with the serial code found on the back of the cd cover in "modify my profile" and pick up version 5.2.1

Inviato Mon 24 Nov 08 @ 5:44 pm
jimmy bPRO InfinityMember since 2007
HammerHorner wrote :
adjust latency settings to wot?

Set Preset slider to the left (fastest)

Latency set to Auto (from drop down)

Inviato Tue 25 Nov 08 @ 12:25 am
Hammer,

Try unplugging your laptop from the mains.

I had this very same issue and found it to be white noise from the power brick of the laptop. I tried plugging the laptop in to its own extension block and even running a seperate extension cable from a different wall socket but that failed - and anyway its not always possible to do this...

When I unplugged my laptop from the mains the static/white noice disappeared completely - I noticed this when at one gig the noise was so bad I tried to resolve the issue while playing. This is when I noticed the noise going when I unplugged the laptop from the mains.

Eventually I experimented with a 3rd party generic power supply made by myonis (www.myonis.com) and now I get no noise whatsoever and my laptop charged correctly.

I got me new power supply from www.laptopshop.co.uk and it cost me £25!

They even have a tool to match the correct supply with your laptop http://www.laptopshop.co.uk/laptop-ac-adapter,ac11.htm

Cheers,

Roy

Inviato Wed 26 Nov 08 @ 11:05 am
jimmy bPRO InfinityMember since 2007

Hammer,

Or you could try one of these mate, and only a tenner :)

Inviato Wed 26 Nov 08 @ 12:19 pm
Jimmy,

I tried a ground loop isolator and it had no affect - well for me anyway...

Hammer,

If you can borrow a GLI that would be a good start as you can see whether that solves the problem. If not then you may need an alternative power supply.

The first thing we need to check and clear though is that when you unplug your laptop the white noise goes away.

If its any help, my laptop is a Gateway dual core.

Cheers,

Roy

Inviato Fri 28 Nov 08 @ 4:47 am
i had the same problem with my laptop.what i ve done is i put a bit of paper between the plug and the plug socket so i actually isolated the ground from the plug.the noise is gone and im doing it anywhere i go to be safe.

Inviato Fri 28 Nov 08 @ 5:36 am
LHUCKSPRO InfinityMember since 2008
"Untick Safe Mode, and Overclock. And adjust your latency settings."

How do you do this? I'm having static problems also, but don't see how to "adjust latency settings."

Inviato Tue 02 Dec 08 @ 2:02 am
DJ-ALFPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2005
LHUCKS wrote :

How do you do this? I'm having static problems also, but don't see how to "adjust latency settings."

In VDJ go to Config>Performance and untick safe mode, and there is slider, put it on fastest (most to the left).
If you set "auto" that slider has no effect ;)

Inviato Tue 02 Dec 08 @ 3:53 am
LHUCKS wrote :

In VDJ go to Config>Performance and untick safe mode, and there is slider, put it on fastest (most to the left).

How do you go to config???

Inviato Tue 02 Dec 08 @ 7:58 pm
LHUCKS wrote :

How do you go to config???

Nevermind, figured it out...had to get the temporary upgrade.

Inviato Tue 02 Dec 08 @ 8:55 pm
haha are you all talking about that stupid crackly noise which is caused by over lock and safe mode, just untik them mate, they are gay

Inviato Wed 03 Dec 08 @ 8:34 am

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)