Accesso rapido:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Lots of problems please read!

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

ok first off i am no newbie when it comes to "digital djing" i have been on it since final crash then switch to ssl when that came out because it was way more stable. recently i have been playing with the video aspect of djing and tried numark cue. only problem i had was timecodes not working properly which i solved. so i used the trial version of cue for about 2 weeks and felt it was an ok program to run with for video using numarks total control interface. even ran with a cracked version for a bit to make sure it was something i wanted to spend my money on. well tonight was the first night out with the offical real deal version with serial and all and it let me down BIG TIME! onto the problems.

1. crashed twice within the first 30 minutes of using it in the club, not a big issue only 300 people noticed the sound just shut right off. Girls love that!
2. then i was having issues with the total control interface just not responding, freezing up, more lights lit up than i was using, effects buttons started doing there own thing and just froze the program again. at least this time it just stop responding and at least finished the song out so i had a chance to put in a back up cd with some songs on, good thing i thought to make one for just this reason. funny i NEVER had to worry about this with SERATO!
3. While a track is loaded on deck a or b it didn't really matter, it takes forever to load the same track on the other deck causing audio drop outs on the deck loading the song.or any track for that matter. it simply wouldn't build the over views again causing me to put in the good ol back up cd for a song to play. so now where up to 500 + people noticing sound issues.
4. started to freeze while loading a track cpu is below %50 usage and it just simply wouldn't build the over views in order to "read" the file.

i had these issues with both video and regular mp3 files. i have a 1.9 dual core with 1 gig or ram and an external hd with music and video on it. tweaked to the bone with only 13 processes running when i have cue open. I as a professional dj can not have these issue with a so called PROFESSIONAL level product in live club settings. it doesn't make sense to me how i can have no problems like this with the trail or cracked versions but as soon as i buck up and pay the $230 for the offical copy it goes downhill. i have seen other people having issues with the newer version of vdj on this board without any help it seems from "tech support" I am hoping someone can help with theses MAJOR issues. sorry to say it but i knew there was a reason i have used SSL for years. i like the extra features cue has but i REFUSE to use a product that has problems like this for a profressional situation. here is my crashguard report from the cue folder.

Crash ID=00478529 (date=812031248, version=5.2.1 Pro, build=521, thread=Main, dump=8b484c8b, excode=c0000005 (0,4c))

i awaite any questions, comments, or ideas. i really hope i can get these problems worked out so i can continue to use Cue and list it on EBAY!

Inviato Sat 06 Dec 08 @ 2:26 am
djcelPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
Are you using the default skin?

If the fullscreen mode of the skin is used, please disable it.

Inviato Sat 06 Dec 08 @ 6:13 pm
yes default skin but i don't run the screen mazimized to fit my wide screen laptop display. i run it like a normal 4:3 ratio sized screen so i can see my desktop on both sides on the window. if there is a settingto change please lmk how to access it.

and now on to tonights ISSUES. (back ground) tonight i only used cue without numarks total control and it def ran much better but i still had a few problems. i do believe the total control interface was causing some of the issues i had last night. tonight i had a private party and the club running cue for 6 hours total with only a half hour between the two parties. no onto the problems.

1. When cloning tracks from deck a to b they come in at low levels. Gain is the same on both decks it just plays low on output to mixer but shows normal sound levels on the indicator below gain knob.
2. Hit activate effect on deck b (beat break) and it stop/froze the mp3 running on deck b and turned on both effects on a and b sided I had to click both effects off and then the music started up again.
3. a few times i would hit effect on deck b fade over to deck a then clone deck a onto b and when i pushed the fader from a to b it would freeze the mp3 on deck b as if the effect wasn't working properly. mind you i am a "turntablist" so this whole process was only about 2 seconds so not sure if thats a problem.

there was no new crashgaurd report for tonights problems. again any help, comments, ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Inviato Sun 07 Dec 08 @ 2:19 am
djcelPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
The plugin "beat break" has a problem on deck 2 : it's an old plugin

Inviato Sun 07 Dec 08 @ 12:20 pm
In my best Barney Fife voice, well i'll be. so there is no fix for it and is this only a problem on deck B? are you aware of any other bugs from plugins i should be aware of.

Inviato Sun 07 Dec 08 @ 1:32 pm
no one else? am i just supposed to deal with the problems? isn't there any tech support on the forum from VDJ/Cue?

Inviato Tue 09 Dec 08 @ 8:02 am
Coming off with an attitude doesn't help.

I am recently new to VDJ bit I have DJing on the PC for over 8 years exclusively and I have had many experiences with crashing. I moved to VDJ because it was very stable for me when others crash whenever they felt like it (PCDJ Reflex).

I have posted numerous times on PCDJ's message board only to get little to no response at all. I felt like I was being ignored. I generally find the users and tech over here to be far more responsive. This is all neither here nor there.

If I were to take a a crack at it I would say try to bump up your ram. A gig of Ram is minimal for just DJing music now a days. Video is much more demanding. Ram is cheap so I would try to up your Ram if your motherboard will allow it.

That's just my 2 cents. I have had nothing but positive comments to say about VDJ so far. I hope you are able to work out your issues.

Inviato Tue 09 Dec 08 @ 8:54 am
thanks for the ram idea. although i personally don't think the ram has to do with it it couldn't hurt. my usage stays below 50 percent on my ram while running the program. i have yet to come on here with attitude. its more of a concern for what i paid for. when you play 4 nigths a week in clubs, radio, private events ect. you can't be worried if the program is gonna crash or freeze. like i said i have been digital since it came out. i was the one people where calling to ask about final crash and ssl so i have been in the digital wave since the begining. i just need a solid performance out of what i use.

Inviato Tue 09 Dec 08 @ 9:27 am
ok thats good for a tower pc config but not for my laptop situation? i run my ssl box for sound card and time code control, numark total control (for video mixing) and the external for files. other than an internal hd how do i use the internal sound card for timecode and how do i control video without the interface?

Inviato Tue 09 Dec 08 @ 10:01 am
ok well after finding out the total control has known issues of no firmware installed from factory (which is BS!) i found the right firmware and updated my interface. gave it a good 2 or 3 hour testing in my studio, no more live testing, and everything worked much better this time around. i still notice a few issues like in my second post about the volumes being low on a clone deck. also i didn't ralize but i had 1.5 gigs of ram in my system but i ordered another gig to bump it up 2 at least 2 gigs for now. i do notice a slight delay in the video playback when i am playing a video out the master and have one playing in cue. this doesn't happen on every video but I personally can see it. has this happened to anyone else? is there something im missing. i did read about the video freezing when loading but i didn't notice that issue just the delay. any thoughts, ideas or comments are always welcome.

Inviato Thu 11 Dec 08 @ 10:00 am
Hello Everyone,

I've been using virtual dj with my Hercules mk2 for a while with no problems. I've updated to the Hercules RMX. The controller is wide and solid.
Everything else on it works just fine. I noticed a problem last night while at a gig.

When I Cue a point on a track, the Cue jumps out of place when I hit play on the RMX. When I use the mouse to hit play, the cue point remains in place, I tried it a hundred times, alternating as I go. Everytime I hit play using the RMX, the cue point jumps out of place a few seconds.

Is this a driver problem or should I cut my loses with the RMX and runaway?

Is anyone else having this problem?

Thank You in advance for your help.

djMack

Inviato Sun 14 Dec 08 @ 5:37 am

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)