Accesso rapido:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Assigning a different function to my cross fader...

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

Hi,

I was wondering if there is anyway i could assign the cross fader on my Herc MK2 to just cross fade the bass and nothing else....
I use my volume levels to switch between songs so dont use the cross fader for my cross fading (i DJ mainly Prog trance so i like proggy mixing)
Is there any way i can assign my cross fader to just fade between the bass?

Also is there an article somewhere on how to play FLAC's on VDJ?

Cheers,

Luke

Inviato Mon 15 Dec 08 @ 4:44 pm
I don't see how this would work...your crossfader would need to know where to cut your mids and highs (i.e. a crossover and fader in 1).

If it's possible, you will have to edit the MK2 midi map. Go to Config>Remote> and look under the edit General MIDI. If there is a function in there for crossfading bass, then it is possible.

If you used the fader as designed, then you can just use the EQ's on the MK2...this is what most people do...

As per FLACs...maybe try a different default audio codec (config menu)...or, you could convert them to mp3:

http://www.simplehelp.net/2006/07/15/how-to-convert-flac-files-to-mp3-using-os-x/

Good luck,
J

Inviato Tue 16 Dec 08 @ 12:27 pm
Thanks man,

Changing the general midi config helped my fader then became my bassfader which worked really well

however when i swapped between headphone channels it swapped my bass levels from deck to deck - not good!

i would change my bass eq's manually but it just does not have the same effect as fading them.

any way to stop the channel swapping?

Inviato Tue 16 Dec 08 @ 2:00 pm
wait scratch that, fader was still fading between songs.

looks like its not going to work...

i will just have to fade the bass with the eq nobs,

its a shame, but no worries!

thanks for the FLAC info that helped, thought i might need a codec added

Inviato Tue 16 Dec 08 @ 2:07 pm
cant seem to get the codec working for flac files, could you tell me more specifically how to do it?
i do not want to convert them to MP3 as it looses so much of its key sounds
i like playing FLACS and WAVS :)

Cheers,

Luke

Inviato Tue 16 Dec 08 @ 4:53 pm
I'm not too keen on FLACs...so, maybe someone who has done this can help.

The MIDI stuff is fun...I've been playing around with an MPD24.

J

Inviato Wed 17 Dec 08 @ 7:20 pm

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)