Accesso rapido:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Hardware Accelerator freezing Video. Why? - Page: 2

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
Interesting, I do remember reading something about that, and it does point to an nVidia driver issue. I'll pull out my gig machine and find out what version drivers I'm using at some point, might prove helpful to some possibly?

Inviato Wed 07 Jan 09 @ 8:39 pm
I have tried changing everything I could come up with. Decoders, settings, video file types, overclocking, shutting off every background process, etc., etc.

I did some other simple troublshooting tonight.

First, I installed VDJ on a desktop that I have. I built this desktop 5 years ago. 2.2ghz processer (not a duo core), ATI 9600 Series vidio card with 128mb graphics video, 512mb memory. Windows XP. My kids use this desktop for play. they're everywhere online so this thing is always filled up with cookies and crap.

Ran VDJ video without a single glitch. I did get a split second freeze when I loaded a new video into the open deck, but otherwise, transitions were clean and fluid and no freezes.

From here, I stopped by my brothers house to troubleshoot a pc he's having problems with. I grabbed his girlfriends Gateway laptop, Vista, 2gb memory, ATI 200 series video card, 1.7ghz duo core processer. this laptop is full of dowloaded games and Im sure cookies and other stuff. Also ran VDJ video w/o a glitch. the video would freeze if I logged on to the internet. Not something normally done at an event, so not an issue.

For me, Im seeing no further need to drop $1500+ for a system. Im going to try picking up a standard, run of the mill toshiba or something with a good processor and an ATI video card and see what happens. So far, it's worked well.

Inviato Wed 07 Jan 09 @ 9:58 pm
My test desktop system runs an ATi X1950 Pro and performs flawlessly...

Inviato Thu 08 Jan 09 @ 8:12 am
Well, it's final.

Im going back to ATI. Game Over!

Now the fun part where I get to go shopping for a new system!

Hey, anyone interested in purchasing a great laptop? Works for EVERYTHING except VJ video applications.

Inviato Thu 08 Jan 09 @ 2:50 pm
I got the video to work so far in Vista when I setup my laptop for a dual boot. But now I can't get it to output to another tv? It will work with my 19inch computer monitor vga to vga, but not on an hdtv or a DVD/VCR input where multiple tvs are hooked up to it. I solve one problem and now I have another, I can never win....

Inviato Sat 10 Jan 09 @ 2:01 pm
yk23PRO InfinityMember since 2006
What operating system do you have? I tried XP and it froze with a Nvidia 8400 card. Vista, no video problems.

-David
-

Inviato Thu 15 Jan 09 @ 3:01 pm
I spent the better part of a couple hrs on the phone with a "Gold Level" tech at Dell today. He asked if VDJ used openGL for their video applications. Any one know the answer for this for sure? I saw that it was added to a Mac update but havnt yet found anything for the XP stuff.

At the end of our conversation, he said because of the video issue in conjuction with my wireless card peaking my latency, it seems as though maybe the OS needs to be reinstalled. Im in the process of wiping my hard drive now and will reinstall XP as soon as its finished.

The completed results will be at: http://brewerj2000.wordpress.com/

If the fresh intall doesnt work, Im going to try to download Vista and see what happens. My only question is, what version? The scan you can do on MS website sais Vista Business would work well with my system. I was looking at either Home Premium or maybe even Ultimate.

Thoughts?

Inviato Thu 15 Jan 09 @ 6:20 pm
Go with Home Premium, also dont fall for the BS that u need to buy the full version, just buy the upgrade version $129.

All u need to do is install it, at this time dont enter the serial code.

This will install it as a demo, get all ur drivers and updates.

Then when that is all complete, put the dvd in the drive and run it, and upgrade that install this time entering the serial.

This is the workaround that will save some $$$$.

Inviato Thu 15 Jan 09 @ 6:59 pm
I think I was leaning towards the premium. I was going to simply download the version via microsoft website.

if installing vista doesnt work, Im purchasing a new laptop, not a dell, and not an NVidia card. Funny thing, Wal-mart has a toshiba for about $500 that comes with vista home, ati w/256, 3gb ram and a 250gb hard drive. Bet that one will run video better then my $1500 Precision!

grrrr

Inviato Thu 15 Jan 09 @ 7:30 pm
Latest post. Tell me if this doesnt blow your mind:

"Well, have you ever stopped by a store for one thing and end up coming out with something completely different? That’s what happened to me tonight. I stopped in to my local Radio Shack where Jim, the Owner, had just received Toshiba’s new Satellite L305D (model S59222). I’ve been looking at this line a little bit at Walmart thinking that, what a suprise it would be that I purchase a lower end model system and it works great. The other 3 systems I tested on were all cheap. So, low and behold, I bought one. Toshiba Satellite - AMD Athlon X2 2.0 ghz processer, ATI gpu w/ 256-1085 allocated/shared graphics memory, Windows Vista Home Premium, 200gb hd, 2gb ram. Brought it home, through VDJ on it, and away we go with video. And guess what? When I have a video playing and drop another one into the open deck, there’s a split second of a pause, but NO FREEZE. I noticed the processer tends to run pretty high right out of the box, but Im going to attribute that to too many background proccesses running. Once I shut most of them off, I think Ill get better results.

Total price: $615.00. There’s a $100 rebate that I can get after 2/1/09. This will bring the price down to $515. Ill drop that back into a memory upgrade to 3 or 4 gigs, but so far, so good.

Cheap vs. Expensive = Expensive doesnt always do better.

Ill be testing for the remainder of the evening and will post any issues I have."

I've been running videos on automix for about 30 minutes. I have my maya44 usb hooked up with some headphones connected as that too will draw some ram. Using an old 17" vga monitor for testing.

Go figure

Inviato Fri 16 Jan 09 @ 6:44 pm
You might find that tiny pause doesn't happen on an actual video out, even though it happens on the VDJ screen.

Inviato Fri 16 Jan 09 @ 7:02 pm
Im not really noticing it on the output, which is very cool. I spent some time really taxing this thing tonight and found no issues.
At one point, I did get it to freeze up though. I was:
Running vdj video out to a monitor,
had 4 browser windows open,
had my 320gb hard drive in and running,
had a thumb drive plugged in and was transferring a video over to the pc,
downloading vista updates, and
updating anti-virus software.

It handled all of this fine. It's not until I loaded the driver dics for my maya44 did it freeze up the video on both the output and on the screen. At this point, Im sold.

Inviato Fri 16 Jan 09 @ 10:03 pm
I'm glad things are working better for you :)

Inviato Fri 16 Jan 09 @ 10:12 pm
Thanks.
Im planning to run this system through a greuling 8-10 hour test today in my office. If it doesnt crash, it will become my main system (fingers crossed).

Inviato Sat 17 Jan 09 @ 7:14 am
SBDJ -

you're running vista if I remember correctly. Can you tell me what the deal is with dowloading and installing effects? I can download "sonique" but cant bring it up in VDJ. Same thing applied w/ the clipbank.

Any ideas?

Inviato Sat 17 Jan 09 @ 8:35 am

Inviato Sat 17 Jan 09 @ 11:43 am
i think I got it. Just a matter of trying to figure out where vista likes to put things.

Thanks

Inviato Sat 17 Jan 09 @ 2:52 pm
Latest update to my video issues:

"In my previous posts, you'll note the trouble I've had while trying to run Virtual DJ videos on my Dell Precision M4300. The final decision, or so I thought, was to purchase a Toshiba Satellite which housed an ATI video card. I dont regret the purchase as it's a nice system and does in fact run VDJ+Video very well. However I was finding that the 2.0ghz duo core processor wasnt loading videos the way I was used to. The Precision had a 2.6ghz so I expected some slower load times, but overall wasnt 100% happy.

Brings us to today. Today upon getting a wild hair, I decide to install Vista Home Premium on my Precision. My expectations - none. But after using the vista on the Toshiba, I've come to actually like the program. If nothing else, I'd install vista on the dell and use it for a desktop pc, and then strip the Toshiba of all unnecessary programs and use it as a gig machine.

After the new install of Vista on dell, before anything else was installed, I loaded VDJ. I had to know. Nothing on the system but vista premium and vdj. Wouldnt you know, it ran video w/o a glitch, hick-up or stumble for 2 hours.

My conclusion is not that vista is superior to xp, but rather the video card (NVidia Quadro FX360m) was designed to run vista. The precision was purchased with a downgrade to XP as Vista still showed a number of flaws when I bought it. I have no intentions on putting anything else on the system except VDJ and will continue to strip it down to bare bones. The Precision will now become the VDJ gig machine."

Full Blog: http://brewerj2000.wordpress.com/

Inviato Thu 22 Jan 09 @ 6:32 am
shyhaLE userMember since 2007
Is there any solution to nVidia Hardware Acceleration freezing in VDJ issue except migration to Vista or 7 system?

Inviato Wed 03 Feb 10 @ 1:14 pm
shyhaLE userMember since 2007
Solution: decrease hardware acceleration of your video card in Windows. 3rd notch from the left is the best!

Inviato Wed 03 Feb 10 @ 2:26 pm

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)