Accesso rapido:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Plugins

Topic: New Video Transition: Grow

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
So I'm sat at hospital trying to fill some time up. I've never really played with creating VDJ transitions, but thought I would give it a shot. I've made a transition that moves the video vertically whilst growing/shrinking the videos (and resizes the videos horizontal dimensions as well).

You can have the videos centered whilst this happens, or you can have one biased to each side. I don't however know whether to release this as two seperate plugins:

* If together, you can easily switch option, less disk space (well a whole 15k anyway), less transitions in the browser.
* If seperate, you can easily switch option without needing to navigate to the plugin, and means that RandomVideoTransition can alternate between the two.

Thoughts?

Scott

Inviato Sun 11 Jan 09 @ 11:33 am
Hi, hope everything's going ok in hospital.

About the transition, I'd definately go for 2 separate transitions. I never find time in a set to go into the plug-ins and alter perameters. And also I use the random transition effect when I'm playing.

Also, I know this is a bit cheeky, but if you've got a bit of time on your hands, I always thought vdj was missing a proper strobe transition. Like you see in the music videos. i guess that it would switch between the two images 10 times per second or something to that order. In my mind i imagined that it just flicked backward and forward between the two decks as you moved the crossfader- so the slower you move it, the slower it strobes. And whilst I'm being a bit cheeky, I use my dmc2 with the video crossfade set to 2 seconds. What'd you think? Does anyone else think this sort of thing would be quite useful?

Inviato Sun 11 Jan 09 @ 2:12 pm
Fantastic idea, and I've just written it - but with the strobe time based on crossfader position rather than speed of movement.

Inviato Sun 11 Jan 09 @ 4:27 pm
Wow! That was quick! Awesome.

Can't wait to check it out when I get a bit of free time. (Not sure if it's on the website yet, I'll have a check in a bit)

Thanks for that.

It's really nice to see some more transitions, haven't had any new ones for a little while!

Inviato Tue 13 Jan 09 @ 11:45 am
It's not uploaded yet, I'm still making some tweaks to it :)

Inviato Tue 13 Jan 09 @ 3:12 pm
jimmy bPRO InfinityMember since 2007

Mint. I do like the sound of this one, indeed!!!!!

Inviato Tue 13 Jan 09 @ 6:30 pm
Which one? ;)

Inviato Tue 13 Jan 09 @ 7:38 pm
jimmy bPRO InfinityMember since 2007
Sorry Scott,

the strobe effect transition.

Inviato Tue 13 Jan 09 @ 7:48 pm
Well I've uploaded two versions of the "Grow" transition, and these will be available for download once approved.

Inviato Tue 13 Jan 09 @ 9:59 pm
cool plugin. i will be testing this one as well as strips this weekend.

Inviato Wed 14 Jan 09 @ 6:02 pm
Hey Scott (SBDJ) ... Just have to say ... and I'm sure many other fellow VDJ users will agree ... you are a godsend and a HUGE asset to the virtual DJ world !! All your plug-ins are truely awesome ... and make my DJ world a whole lot brighter !! Can't wait for the Scrolltext upgrade your working on. I use the old version now and am ready for the new stuff !! Thanks again, Scott. Everything you have done and are doing is greatly appreciated !! I can't thank you enough !!

Inviato Wed 14 Jan 09 @ 6:44 pm
1BadAssDJ wrote :
Hey Scott (SBDJ) ... Just have to say ... and I'm sure many other fellow VDJ users will agree ... you are a godsend and a HUGE asset to the virtual DJ world !! All your plug-ins are truely awesome ... and make my DJ world a whole lot brighter !! Can't wait for the Scrolltext upgrade your working on. I use the old version now and am ready for the new stuff !! Thanks again, Scott. Everything you have done and are doing is greatly appreciated !! I can't thank you enough !!

I agree, great job man! You really doing so much. Thank you, thank you, thank you...

Inviato Mon 13 Apr 09 @ 1:51 am
ya this is killer vdj trans

Inviato Sun 23 Jan 11 @ 4:07 am

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)