Accesso rapido:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Beginner DJ - Help! Numark NS7?

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

Hey Guys,

Brand new DJ here looking to purchase my first setup. Been researching a lot and reading a ton of info on here and other places. I purchased VDJ pro last year and have been using that off my laptop becoming more and more familiar with its functionality. I just recently took a DJ class in which they used SERATO LIVE and some heavy duty equipment (rane 2 channel mixer and technics 1200 turntables, serato controller). I really want to try and make a similar setup to that and am somewhat confused about what to do....mostly because im on a budget.

I guess my post is a 2 portion question:

If I run a Maya 44 sound card with Numark DxmPro mixer and 2 numark turntables with timecode vinyl will this be a good setup? OR Should I go with a hercules MK2 setup with two turntables possibly adding an external mixer later on...

What do you guys think about the Numark NS7? Is it compatible with VDJ software and although i know its not actual vinyl, would it give me a similar feel? Would the controls function with VDJ software and my laptop??

Like i said...i really want to mimic the setup that I trained on and seemed to feel comfortable with at my DJ school. Mixer, 2 turntables and software that works seamlessly with hardware....

AND...I really want to have it run as smoothly as possible with VDJ and my Laptop.

Thanks for all your help and I would love to see/hear what hardware you guys are running for timecode vinyl setups.

I have a budget of around $800-1000 for sound card option or controller, two turntables and mixer.

-Brendon

Inviato Sun 18 Jan 09 @ 4:42 pm
xeonPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
well, for $1000 you can get some second hand middle range turntables (try to get direct drive) and 2 channel mixer and sound card. You won't get technics for that price ;)

I would say get the real feeling with vinyl first, not with controllers. NS7 will be compatible with VDJ, but it is still just a controller. (will be, as it is not out yet). Once you get feeling to use turntables, you can get NS7 (and yes, it will be out till then ;) ).

I use Ecler nuo 4 and Numark TTX turntables at home. I love that setup ;)

Inviato Mon 19 Jan 09 @ 5:49 am
Yeah, technics are obviously the pro industry standard, but I just don't want to shell out that cash. Second hand is definitely an option but i feel like people still try to get close to retail for the equipment so i might as well buy new.

I was looking at the stanton low end turntables t50x, but i feel like those are junk?? Any ideas on some GOOD beginner turntables???

Thanks!!

Inviato Mon 19 Jan 09 @ 10:17 am
spinnaJPRO InfinityMember since 2004
T50 is a belt driven. and yes it is not an ideal turntables. If u really interested in stanton, get at least t80 or t60 (even tho i would still recommend t80- digital direct drive TT). Also remember to buy a new stylus/cartridges for it (example discmaster v3) as the one came with the stanton is not best suited for timecodes.

Regards;)

Inviato Mon 19 Jan 09 @ 10:21 am
ok cool. Any other suggestions on turntables?? I know numark makes some decenly priced tables around $200.

Inviato Mon 19 Jan 09 @ 11:54 am
my girlfriend picked up a set of numark TTUSB's thinking they were Icdx's..... look away from them, cheap, plastic and belt driven

Inviato Mon 19 Jan 09 @ 11:24 pm
spinnaJPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Hi breedawg4, i just looked that stanton have the newer t62, t92usb (direct drive TT).

U may want to considered the NEW DJlab2.1 (DJ packages) which include 2 t62 and m212mixer and headphone etc;)

But again the choice is urs and i just suggesting taking into consideration u might like stanton;)

http://www.stantondj.com/v2/prod_djlab21.asp

Check them out..hehe

PS: I also do like and use stanton product;)

Inviato Tue 20 Jan 09 @ 2:45 pm
yk23PRO InfinityMember since 2006
Go to craigslist.org and pickup some used Technics 1200s for $400 to $500. My buddy sold a pair with cases for $375 a while back, which I thought was dumb.

-David

Inviato Wed 21 Jan 09 @ 2:52 pm
yk23 wrote :
Go to craigslist.org and pickup some used Technics 1200s for $400 to $500. My buddy sold a pair with cases for $375 a while back, which I thought was dumb.

-David

Please let me know when your buddy wants to sell another pair I could definitely use a pair of Techs for that Price LOL!

Inviato Wed 11 Mar 09 @ 11:33 am
I just bought 2 technics 1200 m3ds with a Vestax mixe PCV-003 and 2 ortofon OM scratch cartridges with 4 needles all in mint condtion for 420 bucks @ Craigslist.com

Inviato Thu 12 Mar 09 @ 6:05 pm
yk23PRO InfinityMember since 2006
Nice!

Inviato Fri 13 Mar 09 @ 11:08 am
jimmy bPRO InfinityMember since 2007
Caliente123 wrote :
I just bought 2 technics 1200 m3ds with a Vestax mixe PCV-003 and 2 ortofon OM scratch cartridges with 4 needles all in mint condtion for 420 bucks @ Craigslist.com

Bloody bargin!!!!

Inviato Fri 13 Mar 09 @ 11:36 am
If you ever come to vistit New York, its a must to check out craigslist. You will save hundreds of dollars. Ive seen the DJM 800 for 700 dollars mint. TTM SL57 serato mixer with 20 Serato time codes at 800 bucks. CDJ's for 300 dollars, DMC2 for 100 bucks, Macbooks 2.4 ghz for 600 dollars in mint condition. I buy and sell alot fo stuff.... Here is an example of crazy deals...... Click here http://newyork.craigslist.org/mnh/msg/1073367605.html

Inviato Fri 13 Mar 09 @ 1:21 pm
mp3jrickPRO InfinityHonorary MemberMember since 2003
Waited 3 years looking for a Canon GL 2 3 ccd camera.
New is around 3k all set up, but I picked up all kinds of extras, batteries, case, lights, omni directional mic with ext harness, mounts, inverter, remote control, filters, pc patch cords etc... all for $1300.
It is one year old and the guy was upgrading to hd video.

However, CL is scam line central and can be a market place for stolen stuff too.
Hard to post things there without getting slammed with fraudulent buyers looking to take you for a ride.

So be careful

Inviato Sun 15 Mar 09 @ 4:59 pm
There are scam's in CL. I like to buy from people that have their Number listed. When you see something to good to be true, most likely its someone over seas trying to get you to send them money. But over all, i get great deals. I guess from buying so much in over 3 years, i already know all the angles. If you want to sell your items, the worst thing you can do is post your email. Anyone can tell you anything by email and you will get alot of nonsense. I leave phone a phone number and those that are interested only call. Some people are affraid to waste your time so its easier for them to tell you by email.

Inviato Mon 16 Mar 09 @ 1:02 am
i just got a chanced to mess with the ns7 last night at the grand opening of the guitar center store here in boston. i love it, looks pretty bad ass, but i ddint see any sound effects buttons on it, that was the downside, it does have the sync capability, which i didnt know serato does, cuz i asked someone who used scratch and they said there is no sync feture, correct me, if i am wrong, but in any case,

i haveta agree with someone i saw here earlier. it is the bext thing to happen for MOBILE DJS, but you wont see clubs changing to ns7. they will always have tts set up for u to take ur tcvs and soundcard and rip the night up!

Inviato Fri 20 Mar 09 @ 6:38 am

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)