Accesso rapido:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: A question about virtual dj and time code vinyl turntables

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

Hallo all dj's! :)

First of all, i am a hip hop beatmaker, and as you now, the screatching is very popular in hip hop (what i'm talking about, dj's created hip hop :D :D :D ). What i want is screatching in my beats :) But i cannot do it with my mouse, or try do to something successful with FL's Wave Traveller.

I have some old and dusty turntable in my basement, i found some vinyls from neighbours and friends, and i start doing something... But in my country no one make Vinyls anymore :( ...

However, I watch clips on youtube how a dj with vinyl turntables scratches in Virtual DJ :)
Can somebody informate me how to do this, i found that i can use some special turntables with Timecoded Vinyl, but i what to find yout what you have to have for Virtual DJ with vinyls and how in a few words to connect all :)
Sorry, but i am a noob... sorry for my bad english :)

Inviato Wed 25 Feb 09 @ 11:54 am
spinnaJPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Hi sasquath.mc,

In order to control the mp3 from the computer/lappy via a turntable, u need to use VDJ timecode vinyl (TCV) etc.

You can use any brand of turntable but it might be best if it is a direct drive one. Also u need to have a good set of cartridges/stylus such as the ortofon etc..

To connect the turntable and the computer, u need to have an asio soundcard. Take a look at the below vidz done by our own vip member DJ Socross;)

Regards;)

Inviato Wed 25 Feb 09 @ 12:13 pm
10x a lot man :)
Now lets see if i understand right... I can buy two Numark TT1650 with some mixer, i have M-audio delta 1010lt soundcart...
On this video DJ Socross shows his soundcart, it's connected via usb, my soundcart is inside the pc(PCI cart), is it gonna work with my Delta? Or i have to buy new one :)

Inviato Wed 25 Feb 09 @ 3:42 pm
Hi , as i see the delta 8 analog inputs and output (4 stereo inputs and output), it could be use for timecode. I think it should be possible;)

But IMO it is best to buy a usb/firewire (portable) soundcard which later u might have to bring out with ur lappy for a gig etc. Such card are for example the maya44 usb;)

Regards;)

Inviato Thu 26 Feb 09 @ 12:58 am
10x :) I have one more question... Can i use torq control vinyl with virtual dj? Cuz i found in Bulgaria(where i'm from) M-aduio Torq Control Vinyl, but i can't find timcoded distributors in Bulgaria :)

Inviato Thu 26 Feb 09 @ 3:32 am
No u can't atm.

U can use vdj/nvv TCV or the serato TCV to have best result;)

U can order VDJ tcv via this site or go to the local dj store to buy serato or the numark tcv.

http://www.virtualdj.com/buy/index.html

Regards;)

Inviato Thu 26 Feb 09 @ 4:47 am

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)