Accesso rapido:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Macbook Pro Saving Problems...

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

mxd208CUE userMember since 2008
Hey All...

I have been running Cue/Virtual DJ for about a year now on a PC...and have had a lot of problems with glitching at crashes. So, I took a shot and bought a MacBook Pro 15 with a Dual Core 2.4ghz processor.

Regardless of the reasons, or whether or not that was a good move...I am having some problems getting things set up for the first time.

- I can't get Cue to save any of my shortcut settings after I configure them
- Cue won't save my database
- Doesn't recognize my external hard drive (where my tracks live - NTFS) as a drive in the Browser menu, so I can't set it to search that drive

If I can get these settings up and running, I can at least figure out if the MacBook approach will work. I think the saving may have to do with write permissions, but I set the Cue folder to be read/write.

ANY help would be greatly appreciated...

Inviato Tue 07 Apr 09 @ 9:59 pm
I too just bought a new MBP. The way I solved this problem is as follows:

Go to Home folder.
Then go in the Documents folder
Then "right click" the VirtualDJ folder (which if you haven't figured out... is two fingers pressing down on the trackpad)
At the button of the INFO screen... first click the picture of the padlock. Then under "Sharing & Permissions, change the privilege setting of all accounts to Read & Right.

Hope that works for you.

On another note.... I used my Mac last night for the first time at a gig. I was playing music videos and two hours into the night and Crash! That really surprised me since the whole reason I moved from PC to MAC is because I thought I would not have Crash problems. Wow, first night with a problem, not a good start.

Inviato Sun 12 Apr 09 @ 11:03 am
spinnaJPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Do post ur crash report n state what are u doing when it crash.

Inviato Sun 12 Apr 09 @ 1:15 pm
bdubssHome userMember since 2009
I am a Mac user as well, I have changed the permissions on the program but to no avail, my settings/shortcuts/BPM's still don't save after i close the program... this is quickly driving me insane, is there any other way to fix the program?

Inviato Sat 25 Apr 09 @ 10:14 am
@bdubss

Have you ensured you have changed the permissions on the main VDJ folder: /users/documents/virtualdj and on any external drives too??

Also if you can please register you serial number and ensure you have the latest version of the software.

Any more problems - please let us know.

Inviato Sat 25 Apr 09 @ 10:21 am
DJ CyderPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2003
Give me a call on Monday we'll fix this you'll find the number under the support tab at the top of the page.

Inviato Sun 26 Apr 09 @ 1:20 am
As Dan stated previously.... Make sure you go to the Virtual DJ folder it self and change the permissions specifically for the folder. That's the only way I was able to resolve this issue.

Inviato Sun 26 Apr 09 @ 9:01 am
bdubssHome userMember since 2009
IT WORKED!!!!!! Thank you so much, this problem has been my plight for like six months.
Much love
- Brent

Inviato Fri 08 May 09 @ 9:48 am

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)