Accesso rapido:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Which do you guys recommend?

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

aeonkHome userMember since 2009
I need a external sound card and dj mixer. The mixer needs to have XLR in/out puts. Im running a Dell 530 with 4 gigs of ram and a dual 1.83 Ghz Processor.

The mixer will not be connected to any external controllers as of yet, because i am short of money.

I live in NSW, Australia.

Thanks

Inviato Thu 16 Apr 09 @ 8:40 pm
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
Depends on a great many things, mainly:

* Most importantly - budget?
* Do you want a mixer with a built in controller, or just a DJ mixer?
* Do you want MIDI?
* Built in soundcard to mixer, or seperate?
* Firewire or USB?
* How many channels do you want?
* Effects on mixer?

Personally I would recommend mixers by Ecler, Allen & Heath, Korg, Pioneer and so on. It all comes down to what you need, what you want and mainly what you can afford.

Inviato Fri 17 Apr 09 @ 11:16 am
aeonkHome userMember since 2009
OK thanks

ill go by whatever i can get with good quality but still isnt too expensive.
I do have money, i would just prefer to not spend too much as i am only a beginner dj and if it turns out its not for me or something goes wrong, it would be a lot of money wasted if i buy the top end of the line :P

I found a Numark 5000FX Pro Dj Mixer that is in my price range, that one should do the job?

Inviato Sat 18 Apr 09 @ 8:53 am
taylaPRO InfinityMember since 2007
do what i did buy the software and then build around that, pointless having hardware if you have no software to control, this is the time when a lot of controllers are released so i wouldn't be in to much of a hurry to jump in and buy one, get used to whatever software you buy and then decide.

Inviato Sun 19 Apr 09 @ 10:05 am
The Numark 5000FX is a good mixer, I own the Numark C3USB which I bought for the built-in USB soundcard to work with my Numark DMC2 software controller. I also own a Pioneer DJM-800 which is by far the best I have ever used, it also has a MIDI so I can control VDJ's internal mixer. The Pioneer may be a bit out of your price range though, the 5000FX would be the closest thing Numark makes to the Pioneer DJM-800, but then you would need a controller unless you want to use VDJ standalone. Buy the VDJ software, you will be glad you did, if you buy the Numark Total Control it comes with VDJ LE and then you can buy the full version of VDJ for 50% off, save $150 USD. Also with the Total Control it controls the software and has a mixer built in. It also has effects buttons, frequency kill, etc. This is an all-in-one solution that you can afford if you can afford the 5000FX which doesn’t control VDJ. I'm a long-time DJ who has used nearly every type of equipment for well over 20 years, seriously, the Total Control is worth it for a beginner. My son's (I have 3) who are in college used it before stepping up to Xponent and Herc RMX. My youngest son still uses the T.C. I have had a lot of fun with it too!

BTW, does anyone have the Pioneer DJM-800 MIDI mapped out? If so hook me up...Please!?

DJ RuDeDoGG from SoCaLi!!

Inviato Mon 20 Apr 09 @ 4:59 pm

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)