Accesso rapido:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Multiple Speakers on 5.1 sound card

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

Hello there

Hope this is in the right place, I have a 5.1 soundcard. At the moment I have my PC speakers plugged in to the green output (front), sub in the black and headphones in the rear (orange i think)

If i do take up dj'ing properly and play in a bar for example...how do i plug two speakers in...would you need a splitter into the green (front) and then the two speakers plug in to those? I'm assuming you lose quality that way?

I have searched and searched google but i can never find the answer i need, i always get to pages of people asking how to listen to headphones and cue but I am fine with that I just haven't a clue about speakers and dont want to pay out a lot of money if they wont work

What connections do proper dj speakers normally have cos I wont be using an external mixer just the 3.5 jacks on the pc

Thanks in advance

Rik.

Inviato Mon 20 Apr 09 @ 9:55 am
Tear Em 'UpPRO InfinitySenior ModeratorMember since 2006
Speaker connections depend on the speaker. 1/4 inch, XLR, and banana plugs are what I've seen the most.

Inviato Mon 20 Apr 09 @ 10:04 am
meadeHome userMember since 2009
When you come off the sound card outputs,you are going to need some way of plugging into an amplifier before hooking up to speakers.Like through a crossover or equilizer,but you may choose to plug directly into an amplifier.Depending on the amplifiers input and volume control lay out.Unless of coruse,you are using speakers that have their own amplifier built in.The computers amplifer does'nt
have enough power to play any speakers larger than those little 1 1/2" speakers that plug in like headphones,without additional amplification.

Inviato Mon 20 Apr 09 @ 6:47 pm
ok so an amp would plug into a 3.5 jack fine and then the speakers with speakon or whatever into the amp

i was thinking more of getting powered speakers so how would two of those with whetever connections go into one 3.5 jack on my soundcard...i have adaptors for larger connections like my mic but presumably these lose quality?

sorry for the questions i know its not really related directly to virtual dj but that is the software i am likely to be using

Inviato Tue 21 Apr 09 @ 6:21 am

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)