Accesso rapido:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Updating Library Issues

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

djzah71PRO InfinityMember since 2009
This is probably a stupid question but I\\\'m new to Virtual DJ and I have looked through the user guides and forums and haven\\\'t found the answer so here comes the stupid question... u ready?

How do I get files to be included in the Virtual DJ database?

I have attached a picture of the Library I see in my Virtual DJ

Under Volumes - I have right clicked on Lacie2big and selected (Set as favorite, Add to search DB, Scan for Tags and Scan for BPMs)

also tried doing it at the kJams_Music level and nothing added to the database (meaning when I search for a song, nothing is displayed)

Also tried adding it as a favorite and nothing.

Also I tried all three options on the database (check, clean and fix) with no difference.

Any ideas? Am I doing something wrong? Does anyone have an idea of how to add music, music videos and karaoke so Virtual DJ will find it?

Inviato Fri 01 May 09 @ 8:13 am
cstollPRO InfinityMember since 2004
The issue is a permissions issue ... follow the below steps ...

Go to the /Documents/ folder and Control+Click (right click) on the VirtualDJ folder
Choose the Get Info menu choice
Then in the bottom right corner of the Get Info dialog you need to click on the pad-lock and unlock it (will prompt you for you user password)

Then just above that to the left is the Permissions list. Make sure your user account has Read/Write permissions set.

Just below the Permissions box there is a button with a gear graphic on it - click that and choose the 'apply to all included' items

Once changed, close the box to Apply the changes.

* You will need to do this for each drive as well to make sure you have the correct access permissions on that drive. You only need to check the permissions of the VirtualDJ Local Database v5.xml file that should be in the ROOT of each drive.

Inviato Fri 01 May 09 @ 8:49 am
I am giving it a try...

I was given a bit of a surprise with these instructions. I thought changing my ID to "Read & Write" and clicking on "Apply to enclosed items" would of only added/changed my rights to the enclosed items but it actually removed existing rights that were assigned to folders (Yikes!). So truthfully I am a bit worried I messed up the permissions on my machine but I haven't noticed anything right now.

After applying the permissions, I checked the external drives and the .xml file already had (Me) Read & Write permissions applied so I closed Virtual DJ and restarted it to see if it would work. No difference so far. So I right clicked on kJams directory under Lace2Big and clicked on Scan BPM's to see if it will add the Karaoke stuff... its still scanning.

Will keep you posted.

Inviato Fri 01 May 09 @ 10:03 am
Still no luck in finding music, music videos or karaoke.

It's almost like Virtual DJ will not look in subfolders because if I go to the folder with the .mp3 (music) or .mp4 (music video) or .zip (karaoke) and do a scan, it will find it but if I go to a higher directory it doesn't display the results but when I do a scan you can see all the subfolders being shown.

I have verified that in Virtual DJ -- Config -- Browser -- Search Database = Add Automatically is displayed. So I should just have to browse in the Library to the location of the music, videos and karaoke and Virtual DJ should do a scan of those directory for those file types?

Sorry.. I know this is probably common nature to the veterans but I am having such a hard time getting my library going.

Thanks for your help

Inviato Fri 01 May 09 @ 10:44 am
Alright, I think what is going on is when scanning my kJams_Music folder Virtual DJ freaks out on possibly a corrupt .zip file and it appears it is still scanning but in actuality, it can't look anymore because its hung up on that corrupt .zip fiile. kJams had that issue a year ago and figured a way around it so it doesn't kill the program. I believe that is what is needed for Virtual DJ.

Inviato Fri 01 May 09 @ 11:35 am
cstollPRO InfinityMember since 2004
If you type and asterisk ( * ) in the search box - do all your known files list ?

Inviato Fri 01 May 09 @ 12:08 pm
When an * is typed in the search box only a few files (the ones I browsed to manually) show up (and the few I had on my internal hard drive).

I have read & write on both external drives. (i even check it all the way down to the actual file and I have Read & Write access all the way down)

The .xml file got created on the root but it looks small (only 40kb when I have 67000+ karaoke files and 34000 songs and 204 music videos on each drive... lacie2big and DJ_Backup)

Inviato Fri 01 May 09 @ 2:28 pm
mnouryPRO InfinityMember since 2009
I am new to the mac side of vdj and have also noticed that the database won't recoginize folders that are to deep in the main folder. Didn't have the problem with cue on pc. I am also curious if I am just missing something also.

Inviato Sun 03 May 09 @ 11:05 am
pmyskoPRO InfinityMember since 2007
I hope the new update have this issue addressed

Inviato Sun 03 May 09 @ 3:32 pm

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)