Accesso rapido:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Apple Mac

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

Phatt BPRO InfinityMember since 2006
Hello Everyone!!

Finally back from my time away.
And it's good to be here!

Now, My computer is getting a bit old for a lot of things, including VDJ.
I am thinking of upgrading to a Mac.
Few things I want to know.
Does VDJ run as well on Mac as it does on Windows? Are there any major problems? Is Mac a better or worse choice for this?
And what is the Mac support like?
Some feedback from Mac users would be really helpful!

Thanks Everyone :)

Shatterz

Inviato Thu 14 May 09 @ 5:11 am
DJ CyderPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2003
5.2.1 fixes that problem, for time codes you just need to set it up in audio midi setup first. I have several MAC users successfully using timecode without an rmx or VV box. Mac support is excellent just as pc support is. The current version is 10.5.7 if you are making the switch I would highly recommend checking out this http://www.apple.com/support/mac101/

Inviato Thu 14 May 09 @ 7:15 am
Well I'm here for you guys to help out making the switch to Mac for the first time. The most important thing you need to remember is you can't apply pc thinking to a Mac at all. I leave this in the general discussion for today then I'll move to the Mac section tomorrow.

Inviato Thu 14 May 09 @ 7:20 am
spinnaJPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Hi phatt B,

This are the recommended system requirement on mac.

Mac OSX 10.4.7 or higher
Mac/Intel Core Duo 2.0 GHz or higher
1 GB RAM of higher
200 MB free on the hard-driver

Minimum system requirements on mac.

Mac OSX 10.4 or higher
G4 1.5 GHz or Intel Core Duo 1.6GHz
512MB RAM

If you wished to do just audio and basic video, you can just do with the macbook but if you thinking doing intense video mixing, you might as well get the macbook pro.

Overall once you go mac, there no turning back..hehe;)

Inviato Thu 14 May 09 @ 10:00 am
DJmgaPRO InfinityMember since 2009
spinnaJ wrote :

Overall once you go mac, there no turning back..hehe;)

Not being familiar with MACs, anyone care to list some of the major advantages to using MACs .vs. PC's?
(By the way, I'm not trying to start a MAC .vs. PC war. I'm genuinely interested in hearing your views and I'd prefer to hear the views of those that use 'em, rather than read some biased manufacturers reviews).

Thanks.
Martin.

Inviato Thu 14 May 09 @ 12:05 pm
solly4PRO InfinityMember since 2008
Ill be honest from a non dj'ing point of view my mac is 100 times better than my pc.
The software that comes with the imac is just amazing, My mac has never frozen on me or tried to do things without me telling it to. I did take a little while to get used to the folder system on the mac but I bought a book and am a mac geek now. If i could of afforded it at the time I would of gone mac but its one of those things. I personnaly havent seen one local dj using anything other than a mac??

Problem is I bought the imac for home and then got into dj'ing and couldnt afford the macbook pro so bought a windows laptop.

Sorry I cannot be anymore help on the matter with regard dj'ing.
All the best

Inviato Sat 16 May 09 @ 7:52 pm
Phatt BPRO InfinityMember since 2006
spinnaJ wrote :
Hi phatt B,

This are the recommended system requirement on mac.

Mac OSX 10.4.7 or higher
Mac/Intel Core Duo 2.0 GHz or higher
1 GB RAM of higher
200 MB free on the hard-driver

Thats basically what I plan on getting. Maybe even 2gb of Ram.

But thanks guys, it looks like Mac is a really good option for both DJing and personal use!

Hopefully the buy will be soon.

Also, no I don't plan on using time codes just yet. I will just be using a controller for now.

Thanks!

Shatterz

Inviato Sat 16 May 09 @ 11:15 pm
pmyskoPRO InfinityMember since 2007

it sucks on Mac

Inviato Sun 17 May 09 @ 8:35 pm
Gee thats pretty specific there. It? Well what exactly is it? That's really hard to believe since I've been personally giging with my mac and vdj for over a year no show stopping problems for me.

Inviato Sun 17 May 09 @ 9:58 pm
spinnaJPRO InfinityMember since 2004
@pmysko

Can you elaborate more on why it sucks for you?

I also use the mac version out for gig regularly and never had serious issue with it either. It been so far been well.

Inviato Sun 17 May 09 @ 10:03 pm
I'm using Numark CDX's on a unibody Macbook and a Maya44 usb. Mac OSX does not run the timecodes at all and gives an error, but works extremely well with my direct plug iCDX's. Using bootcamp with Vista timecodes run great in the windows side (but you'll need a wireless mouse as the touchpad tends to crash windows...). I personally see no advantages with mac over PC on VDJ; infact I'm thinking of moving to a tablet PC so I can utilize the touchscreen. I do see a marginal improvement in the quality of recorded sessions on OS X.

Inviato Mon 18 May 09 @ 1:43 pm
I have a Hercules RMX, so at the moment, the PC would be better for me. But im using a mac.

I dont like that i have to set up keyboard shortcuts to use functions on the deck. If Loop In / Out were working, i'd put my stamp of approval on the mac. But untill then, i've paid for software that dosent fully work.

Inviato Mon 18 May 09 @ 7:30 pm
ccbarsaPRO InfinityMember since 2009
Elaborate? Come on guys, just browse through the Mac tech support forum and you'll have no problem finding any number of crashes, conflicts, and errors using VDJ on Mac OS. I have used VDJ on a MacBook for 4-5 months and have made it through only one gig without any problems (several of which are documented elsewhere in the forum). I tried all the fixes and configurations advised with very little luck. I would love to know what the few who are having no problems are doing differently. In the meantime, I reluctantly plan to go the Bootcamp/Windows XP route.

I would have to agree with pmysko, VDJ on Mac sucks.

Inviato Wed 20 May 09 @ 11:03 am
i use a macbook... no problems

Inviato Wed 20 May 09 @ 7:27 pm
Another customer gave it a name "special needs mac" Give me a call we'll talk about yours. Click the company tab mac support is extension 6 ;)

Inviato Wed 20 May 09 @ 11:24 pm
I use a macbook pro pre-unibody with the new vestax tank vai-80 sound station and a vestax vci-100. No problems at all.

Inviato Mon 25 May 09 @ 8:51 am
DjgiocHome userMember since 2009
I have been testing vdj 5.2.1 and cant seem to get the audio configured perfect or even close. it wont allow me too config it correctly, it closes vdj down everytime. i am using m-audio connectiv as my interface and running cdj 1000's . i need help on the setup please thank you

Inviato Mon 01 Jun 09 @ 7:49 pm

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)