Accesso rapido:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: VDJ 6.0 INSTALL/UPGRADE STEPS

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

Hello All,

I did a search in the forum but did not quite get exactly what I'm looking for. I'm sure this has been asked for other versions but here it goes again. I already saw a question regarding install of VDJ 6.0 with Vista (which I have) and something to do with clicking the fix button.

I'm taking the leap, looking to download and install new released VDJ 6.0. Concern that I have is losing cue points, BPM's, music name file info, music/video settings and etc. Do I need to save aside certain files before the upgrade/new install?

Better yet it would be awesome if the upgrade/install steps can be provided from start to finish so nothing is lost.

Thanks!

Inviato Sun 31 May 09 @ 9:14 pm
cstollPRO InfinityMember since 2004
No you will not lose information ...

V6 'copies' your v5 database and creates a NEW v6 database ... this is necessary to support multiple country language characters (Unicode).

So no need to worry ...

You may need to click the fix do to a weird character converting ... but you will not lose your v5 database files.

Inviato Sun 31 May 09 @ 11:30 pm
cstoll,

Did it and for the most part all is GTG except some of my BPM's almost doubled. As an example 76 went to 155. Before I go further is there a way to get the original BPM's back? FYI I made a copy the VDJ Database v5.xml and put that copy in a seperate folder prior to upgrade. Hope I got the correct file.

Inviato Mon 01 Jun 09 @ 7:13 am
If the BPM changed after you loaded it to the deck then just edit the BPM and change it by half using the BPM dialog - [/2]

If the BPM changed without loading it to the a deck, it most likely read the BPM from the tag. Just right click and re-analyze the track or modify it by manually changing the BPM.

But, VirtualDJ should not have changed any track BPMs that were analyzed properly using v5.2.1

Inviato Mon 01 Jun 09 @ 8:11 am
Thanks but as weird as it sounds it did happen. Also I never did upgrade to v5.2.1, was very patient and held back for the V6 release. FYI all my tracks were analyzed with 5.0.7. Maybe that could be the reason???

I will re-analyze the tracks or modify them manually by changing the BPM's but is there something else out there that I can use to make it easier and not as time consuming?

Inviato Mon 01 Jun 09 @ 6:18 pm
Yes, there were improvements in the 5.2.1 BPM engine ... that is why you are starting to see the changes for the first time ... the BPM engine is much better -- yes the occasional double or halving of the BPM do occur. But easily correctable as I pointed out.

Inviato Mon 01 Jun 09 @ 7:37 pm
OK. You're the boss. I will re-analyze the tracks first to see what I get. More to follow...

Inviato Mon 01 Jun 09 @ 9:44 pm
cstoll,

Wanted to give a quick update for those who may be following this thread. So far re-analying is working and I'm way to happy about it. Have ran into a few that won't BPM they way they should but I can adjust manually. OK still working it and more to follow...

Inviato Tue 02 Jun 09 @ 10:01 am
I am thinking about upgrading to VDJ6 from CUE 5.2.1. Should I install VDJ6 with CUE in place? Can I uninstall CUE after I install VDJ6 or will it remove files that VDJ6 needs to operate? I love CUE but I am worried about Numark no longer supporting it. This is why I am thinking of making the jump but I don't want to run into a load of conversion problems. Thanks.

Inviato Tue 02 Jun 09 @ 12:13 pm
I gave you an answer in the CUE update thread ... but here it is ...
-----------------------------------

You will not have an issue with this ... easily handled. You can make another topic on this in the PC Tech Support or here in General Support, if you run into a problem. But V6 will not touch your v5 files - CUE, VV, or VDJ v5 - it will use them to create new ones -- but not change them.

Inviato Tue 02 Jun 09 @ 12:51 pm
So should I uninstall CUE after I install VDJ6 ?

Inviato Tue 02 Jun 09 @ 12:55 pm
No ... no need to ... leave it there until you are comfortable with v6 ... you can still use it.

Inviato Tue 02 Jun 09 @ 1:13 pm

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)