Accesso rapido:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: HC4500 AND VDJ6

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

First of all I want to ask if most of the lighting features and fx buttons are not supposed to work, because mine are not working?

Also, sometimes I start up vdj and it doesnt read the HC4500 and I have to restart a few times to get it working.

The other thing is how do you actually set it up to work with a mapper and do I need to delete the original J.P BOOGIE 1.3 mapper for this to work properly?

There has also been some wierd things it did in the first couple times I tried it but, it seemed to stop after a few start ups.

I know its alot of questions but, we can take them one at a time thanks for any help appreciate it!

Inviato Mon 01 Jun 09 @ 12:01 am
The JPBoggis mapper will not work with V6, it will need to be recoded and tested as V6 handles controllers differently to previous versions.

I would suggest staying with 5.21 if you want to use the HC-4500 to it's full potential until the mapper is rewritten. Not sure how long it will be though.

Inviato Mon 01 Jun 09 @ 2:32 am
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
HKNYC wrote :
First of all I want to ask if most of the lighting features and fx buttons are not supposed to work, because mine are not working?

Also, sometimes I start up vdj and it doesnt read the HC4500 and I have to restart a few times to get it working.

The other thing is how do you actually set it up to work with a mapper and do I need to delete the original J.P BOOGIE 1.3 mapper for this to work properly?

There has also been some wierd things it did in the first couple times I tried it but, it seemed to stop after a few start ups.

I know its alot of questions but, we can take them one at a time thanks for any help appreciate it!

I've been using v6 with the HC4500 for quite a while now and it's been working fine for me. You can also modify the default mapping quite easily to add any extra features you want to the controller.

You can't use the dll mappers, and you don't need to delete them as v6 will ignore them.

Inviato Mon 01 Jun 09 @ 5:07 am
Well, I appreciate your help but, how do I map to the HC4500? I have absoluty no knowledge at all to do so. Im glad that it works great for you, maybe I can get the same result after some tweaking.

After I looked around the new config tabs im completely lost on how it works, it does'nt seem as easy as before.

Inviato Mon 01 Jun 09 @ 8:24 pm
cstollPRO InfinityMember since 2004

Inviato Mon 01 Jun 09 @ 8:48 pm
jaakkoPRO InfinityMember since 2006

I've been using jpboggis HC4500 mapper before but i think i could use the default mapper if i add some extra functions on it.
I don't know is this possible but can i assign alternative function when pushing two buttons at the same time?

For example: [+] and [-] buttons are used for pitch tuning by default which is good BUT
is it possible to assign pressing both [jog] and [+] to move song key one semitone up and [jog] and [-] to move song key one semitone down?
Or anything similar?

Is there any global variable which can be toggled true when a button is pressed down and toggled adain false when released?

Extra question: Is it possible to display song key value on led screen?

Inviato Tue 02 Jun 09 @ 3:28 am
I absolutely love the functionality of the JPB mapper and would rather stick with 5.2 for the moment. I sort of guessed his DLL mapper would not work with V6, but it's a decision you have to take personally whether to use script yourself or wait to see if JPB will remake his mapper for the new version.

Inviato Tue 02 Jun 09 @ 5:52 am
cstollPRO InfinityMember since 2004
jaakko wrote :

I've been using jpboggis HC4500 mapper before but i think i could use the default mapper if i add some extra functions on it.
I don't know is this possible but can i assign alternative function when pushing two buttons at the same time?

For example: [+] and [-] buttons are used for pitch tuning by default which is good BUT
is it possible to assign pressing both [jog] and [+] to move song key one semitone up and [jog] and [-] to move song key one semitone down?
Or anything similar?

Is there any global variable which can be toggled true when a button is pressed down and toggled adain false when released?

Extra question: Is it possible to display song key value on led screen?

Yes to everything you asked above ... if you have not been here [ http://www.virtualdj.com/wiki/VDJscript.html ] to read up a bit on the VDJScript language, strong suggest you do then post questions and we can help you out in getting it customized for your use ...

Inviato Tue 02 Jun 09 @ 9:24 am
Thanks, I will go back to 5.2.1 version for now till some things get sorted with verion 6. I will look into it later on I dont have time, way to close to a gig.

I'd rather not chance it for now appreciate it ;)~

Inviato Thu 04 Jun 09 @ 12:13 pm
KeivanPRO InfinityMember since 2006
Im going to die without jpboggis mapper for version 6 anyone have any ideas because I need to get away from 5.2.1 because of the search bug
thanks,
Keivan

Inviato Sat 11 Jul 09 @ 9:52 am
Sorry, mapper plugins are not compatible with VirtualDJ v6. They are replaced with VDJscript that allows you to map the controller exactly how YOU want.

I am currently investigating and working on adapting the mapper to work with VirtualDJ v6, but because it must be completely rewritten from scratch, this will take some time.

If you want to use the mapper, you will need to continue using VirtualDJ v5.2.1

Inviato Sat 11 Jul 09 @ 12:53 pm

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)