Accesso rapido:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: VDJ 6 & DMC2 - Page: 1

Questa parte dell'argomento è obsoleta e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate

I had installed the advanced mapper for my DMC-2..
Havent tried it yet, but I assume when I install VDJ 6 on my rackmount its going to default to the regular DMC2 mapper?
Will I be able to somehow get the functionality I had back that I was enjoying with the advanced VDJ 5 DMC2 mapper?

Inviato Mon 01 Jun 09 @ 12:13 pm
Sorry, the DMC-2 mapper plugin is not compatible with VirtualDJ v6 due to the major changes made to the way controllers and mapping works. The new VDJscript mapping allows you to adjust the native DMC-2 mapping to suit your own preferences, if you wish to do so.

Work is currently in progress on updating the HC4500 mapper to work with VDJ v6, so it may be possible to do something for the DMC-2 afterwards. However, for many users, custom mappers are now redundant and obsolete with the new VDJscript mapping engine that lets you easily map controllers to suit your own preferences.

Inviato Mon 01 Jun 09 @ 12:29 pm
jpboggis wrote :
The new VDJscript mapping allows you to adjust the native DMC-2 mapping to suit your own preferences, if you wish to do so.

so it may be possible to do something for the DMC-2 afterwards. However, for many users, custom mappers are now redundant and obsolete with the new VDJscript mapping engine that lets you easily map controllers to suit your own preferences.

I'll have to do some serious playing around..

One of the things I'm assuming at the moment is I wont be able to change the outputs of the displays like the Advanced DMC-2 mapper did.. IE: show the genre with the title, have the blinky lights move in step with the beat, etc etc...

Inviato Mon 01 Jun 09 @ 2:42 pm
jpboggis wrote :
Sorry, the DMC-2 mapper plugin is not compatible with VirtualDJ v6

Dam .. I really really like the mapper plugin

jpboggis wrote :
with the new VDJscript mapping engine that lets you easily map controllers to suit your own preferences.

I disagree jpboggis ... the mapper you made for the DMC-2 is easy ....... this new scripting is anything but.

I really like v6 but I cant use it until I have at least a week of free nights to figure out the mapping system.

Inviato Fri 05 Jun 09 @ 10:03 pm
I just installed VDJ 6.01 on my Rackmount system (my working DJ system),
that contains the DMC-2..

the stock mapper in version 6 is nicely done!
only had a few hours to play with it soo far, but I was pleasantly surprised!
A lot of the 'extra's' that I liked about the old DMC2 mapper plugin, are 'stock' with the VDJ 6 DMC2 script.

I think (sadly) I will still have to learn some 'scripting' as there are a few small features that I want back..

The first one was the alternate 'fade' with the video crossfade buttons.
With the plugin I could press the 'wheel mode' button and the video crossfade button and get a 'quick fade'.

I guess basically I have to learn if I can 'script' combo buttons.. IE: use the wheelmode button in combination with other buttons to double their functionality.

Inviato Tue 09 Jun 09 @ 12:00 pm
PJayPRO InfinityMember since 2004
hippydog wrote :
I just installed VDJ 6.01 on my Rackmount system (my working DJ system),
that contains the DMC-2..

A lot of the 'extra's' that I liked about the old DMC2 mapper plugin, are 'stock' with the VDJ 6 DMC2 script.

I think (sadly) I will still have to learn some 'scripting' as there are a few small features that I want back..

The first one was the alternate 'fade' with the video crossfade buttons.
With the plugin I could press the 'wheel mode' button and the video crossfade button and get a 'quick fade'.

I guess basically I have to learn if I can 'script' combo buttons.. IE: use the wheelmode button in combination with other buttons to double their functionality.

It might take a bit of a learning curse but its well worth it because you will soon realise how versitile the new scripting is :)
If you need any help on particular functions to get you going, let me know and I (aswell as others on here) are more than willing to help

PJay

Inviato Tue 09 Jun 09 @ 2:43 pm
hippydog wrote :

I created the built-in mapper for the DMC-2, so it includes many of the features of the mapper.

Obviously it cannot have all of the features because it must be kept simple enough for it to be used straight 'out of the box' without needing to refer to a lengthy user manual.

hippydog wrote :

You can do this with variables, e.g:

WHEELMODE =

holding ? set 'shift' 1 while_pressed & vinyl_mode ? vinyl_mode 0 & wheel_mode "search" : wheel_mode "jog" ? vinyl_mode 1 :  loop ? wheel_mode "jog,search,browser,loop_out,loop_in,loop_move" +1 : wheel_mode "jog,search,browser" +1

This will set the variable 'shift' to 1 if the button is held down. If it's clicked, it will change wheel mode as normal.

Then you can use the variable in the mappings of other buttons, e.g:

MIXVIDEO =
var 'shift' ? video_transition 1000ms : video_transition 5000ms

This will do a 1 second transition (Video crossfade) if WHEELMODE (shift) is held in combination, otherwise a 5 second transition.

Inviato Tue 09 Jun 09 @ 3:20 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
can you please help me out with this?
<map value="FOLDER" action="browser_folder & set &apos;mode&apos; 0" />
<map value="FILE" action="browser_window &apos;songs&apos; & set &apos;mode&apos; 0" />
<map value="FX/SAMPLER" action="cycle &apos;mode&apos; 3 & var_equal &apos;mode&apos; 1 ? show_text &apos;Param Knob:|FX&apos; : var_equal &apos;mode&apos; 2 ? show_text &apos;Param Knob:|Sampler&apos; : show_text &apos;Param Knob:|Browse&apos;" />
<map value="SELECTOR" action="var_equal &apos;mode&apos; 0 ? browser_scroll : var_equal &apos;mode&apos; 1 ? effect select : sampler select" />
<map value="PUSH" action="var_equal &apos;mode&apos; 0 ? browser_enter : var_equal &apos;mode&apos; 1 ? effect default active : sampler play_stop" />

I want my PUSH button to work as the mapper i used before. Meaning when it is on folders PUSH button will close and open folders and not moving to songs. The command browser_enter should be different.

I need a line doing this.. If focus is on folders then open close folders,If focus is on songs window load song, If focus is on FX activate FX etc...
Help please !

BTW what means &apos and &??
Thanks

PS. Boggis i miss your mapper !

Inviato Wed 10 Jun 09 @ 7:27 pm
browser_enter will automatically expand a folder if it contains sub-folders and no files.

You can change the action as follows to make the parameter knob always open/close folders when the focus is on the folders section:

var_equal 'mode' 0 ? browser_folder ? browser_folder : browser_enter : var_equal 'mode' 1 ? effect default active : sampler play_stop" />

Go to CONFIG -> Mappers and paste the above into the action box for PUSH.

NOTE: You should only edit the actions within VirtualDJ itself rather than editing the XML file directly. & amp; and & quot; represent & and ", which when typed in their normal form have special meaning in XML.

Inviato Wed 10 Jun 09 @ 7:47 pm
jpboggis wrote :

WHEELMODE =

holding ? set 'shift' 1 while_pressed & vinyl_mode ? vinyl_mode 0 & wheel_mode "search" : wheel_mode "jog" ? vinyl_mode 1 :  loop ? wheel_mode "jog,search,browser,loop_out,loop_in,loop_move" +1 : wheel_mode "jog,search,browser" +1

This will set the variable 'shift' to 1 if the button is held down. If it's clicked, it will change wheel mode as normal.

Then you can use the variable in the mappings of other buttons, e.g:

MIXVIDEO =
var 'shift' ? video_transition 1000ms : video_transition 5000ms

This will do a 1 second transition (Video crossfade) if WHEELMODE (shift) is held in combination, otherwise a 5 second transition.

wow.. I'm feeling old right now..

I went to school for Electronic engineering, and took courses on programming and 'C' programming.. I used to spend weeks programming an old Tandy DOS computer using the "Basic" programming language.. (at the age of 14). Heck! i used to do low level programming!

basically, i alwas considered myself a pretty good programmer 'back in the day'..

looking at the "simple" wheel mode shift you created..
I just realized I have a pretty steep learning curve ahead of me!
:-(

I guess i will see if its true.. if you can teach an old dog new tricks! LOL

Inviato Thu 11 Jun 09 @ 10:50 am
Is there a way to change the sensitivity of the Jog_wheel action? Are there any parameters using this action?

Inviato Mon 15 Jun 09 @ 2:19 pm
You can use param_multiply, e.g:

param_multiply 200% & jog_wheel

To double the sensitivity.

param_multiply 50% & jog_wheel

To halve it.

Inviato Mon 15 Jun 09 @ 2:39 pm
Do i use it like this?
<map value="WHEEL" action="jog_wheel";param_multiply 50% & jog_wheel />

Inviato Mon 15 Jun 09 @ 5:53 pm
djdad wrote :
Do i use it like this?
<map value="WHEEL" action="param_multiply 50% & 'jog_wheel' />

Ok.. i got it !!!! Thanks. Now it works fine.

Is there a way to view in the DMC2 screen a welcome text and a good bye text also?

Inviato Mon 15 Jun 09 @ 7:35 pm
I've decided my first attempt at "scripting" will be too turn the Automix button on the DMC2 to a "shift" button..

I never use the button anyways, so losing that 'function' on controller will not be a loss..

and I'm thinking by using it as a dedicated button I can make it even more usefull .. IE more like a "CAPS" key then a "SHIFT" key

Inviato Wed 24 Jun 09 @ 5:36 pm
Someone PM'ed a question about the DMC-2..
Quote :
As it is now in V6 the only way I have found to go from Jog wheel to Scratch wheel is within VDJs Options tab by enabling and disabling scratch, is this how it works for you??

no.. I just simply hit the wheel mode button and it cycles thru each mode.. one of them being 'scratch/vinyl mode'.

Inviato Thu 25 Jun 09 @ 4:12 pm
OK for me there is NO way to go from jog to scratch on my dmc2. I know I should be able to click the button but all it shows is JOG, SEARCH, BROWSER etc. no scratch. I have to keep enabling and disabling it within VDJs options???

Inviato Fri 26 Jun 09 @ 6:40 pm
It should cycle through: Jogwheel -> Scratch -> Search -> Browser

Have you changed the mapping? The WHEELMODE button should be mapped to the following:

vinyl_mode ? vinyl_mode 0 & wheel_mode "search" : wheel_mode "jog" ? vinyl_mode 1 :  loop ? wheel_mode "jog,search,browser,loop_out,loop_in,loop_move" +1 : wheel_mode "jog,search,browser" +1

Alternatively, if you don't want search and browser modes and just want to toggle vinyl mode on/off, you can map it to the following:

vinyl_mode

Inviato Sat 27 Jun 09 @ 12:49 pm
Ok so just copy that string to the Wheelmode button on the mapper then?? I will look into it Monday.

Inviato Sat 27 Jun 09 @ 3:12 pm
Yes, it should already be the long one above by default.

But if you only want it to toggle vinyl mode on/off, simply change it to vinyl_mode as above.

Inviato Sun 28 Jun 09 @ 1:50 pm
65%