Accesso rapido:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: VDJ 6.0 and CDJ-400s - Browsing and Displaying

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

Exxe01PRO InfinityMember since 2008
Dear All,

yet another question ;) :

With the 5.XX version of VDJ, the browing though the tracks on the external harddisk worked fine with the browse-function of the CDJ's. Each song the "cursor" in vdj was laying on, was also displayed in the CDJ's display. The effect was that you don't really have to have an eye on the laptop ..

Now, with the 6.0 version, the browser (turning knob on the CDJ) still works, the songs which are listed in the VDJ browser window are highlighted and loaded when I press the load button on the CDJ.

But the highlighted song is not shown in the display as I browse though the folders ... the display actually shows either the previously played song OR the newly loaded song ... but I need to know where in the folder I am WITHOUT having to look at the keyboard

Have I expressed myself in a way that can be understood? (I am German, hence pls excuse if I failed)

Best regards from Germany !!

Inviato Mon 01 Jun 09 @ 10:52 pm
Yes, I agree. I have noticed the same situation on mine. Why was it changed? And is there a way for us to get the old feature back?

DJ RuDeDoGG

Inviato Mon 01 Jun 09 @ 11:24 pm
cstollPRO InfinityMember since 2004
The entire mapping engine was rewritten and I wrote the mapping for the CDJ-400 and did it based on the Pio documents ... sorry this was left out ... but easily correctable ...

I am not infront of my CDJ right now to test the script to make it happen .. but yes it can happen.

If you want to try yourself ... Go to Config -> Mapper tab, select the CDJ-400 from the devices drop-down

Find the TEXT key, click and highlight it ... copy and paste the below script in the Action box on the right side of the dialog.

browser_scroll ? get browsed_title : var "$show_artist" ? get artist-title : get title-artist

Click OK to close the dialog, what happens ?

If this doesn't work ... I will wait and pick this up when I get to my CDJ-400 ... but we will make it happen.

Inviato Tue 02 Jun 09 @ 9:53 am
Thanks, cstoll. I tried it to no avail. Let me know when you can work it out.

Thx,

RuDe

Inviato Tue 02 Jun 09 @ 12:10 pm
yep - no result confirmed.

modification of the mapper does not show any effect.

greetz from bonn!

Inviato Wed 03 Jun 09 @ 4:50 am
DejambaHome userMember since 2007
Does anybody know how to resolve the problem?

Inviato Tue 23 Jun 09 @ 4:23 pm
This is still open, i'm afraid .... is there a solution to it in sight?

Adding the line does not help ..

Thanks in advance!

Exxe

Inviato Mon 31 Aug 09 @ 8:53 am
Hi there!

Any news about this topic? I'd be really great to have this function working.

Regards.

Inviato Wed 21 Oct 09 @ 5:01 am
i have a problem - when i map the browsewheel with browser_scroll +1 i con only browse in one direction - what do i have to fill in that the browsewheel will function in both directions - 2nd question: how do i map the scratchtables ? touchwheel_touch doess not function
- or maybe someone can send me his mapper for Ion Discover DJ - Thanx in advance

Inviato Wed 27 Jan 10 @ 9:22 am
Sorry, mappers and tools downloads are only available to registered licensed users who have purchased VirtualDJ Professional. Please DO NOT ask users to illegally send these to you.

You will gain access to this plugin once you upgrade to Pro, and the mapping may be included as standard in future trial versions.

In the meantime, if you are trying to map it via Simple MIDI Wrapper, please see the bottom of http://www.virtualdj.com/wiki/VDJScript%20Examples.html for information on how to do this.

To upgrade to VirtualDJ Pro, please go to http://www.virtualdj.com/buy/index.html

Inviato Wed 27 Jan 10 @ 11:49 am

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)