Accesso rapido:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: jog wheel issues

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

Ok im getting a bit annoyed at this..

I just purchased VDJ 6. When i use cue 5.2.1, at ANY point if i spin the platter back, it moves back (DUH)

now with the VDJ i cannot do this, if the song is playing and i turn the wheel back, it pitch bends. I have to push forward, then it will "Activate" or "allow" me to go back and start scratching. This is TRULY not acceptable.

I have disabled vinyl mode using the registry tool, and same results.

Why cant it just react i nthe same way 5.2.1 use too? When i want to back cue a track for scratching i should be able too. I shouldnt have to go forward then back. Come on now...

Inviato Tue 02 Jun 09 @ 10:54 am
i use the ICDX' btw.

Inviato Tue 02 Jun 09 @ 10:56 am
cstollPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Being looked into ... is that better ?

Chris
VirtualDJ Team

Inviato Tue 02 Jun 09 @ 11:38 am
yes. thanks.

Inviato Tue 02 Jun 09 @ 11:40 am
i have this same problem with my dns1200. i have to go forward then back to scratch or press the platter to stop the somg fully then spin it backward to scratch. If you just spin the wheel back it pitch blends.

Inviato Thu 04 Jun 09 @ 2:22 am
PJayPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Same here on the vdj xp10 too

PJay

Inviato Thu 04 Jun 09 @ 4:00 am
was this adressed in the 6,0,1 release?

Inviato Thu 04 Jun 09 @ 10:48 am
same thing for me in v6.0.1

if you pull the xp10 touch plate backwards, it pitch bends instead of holding and pulling back
i have to push it forwards for the record to hold

Inviato Thu 04 Jun 09 @ 11:23 am
Check the Config -> Options tab ... is the Jogwheel Scratch option Enabled or Disabled ?

Inviato Thu 04 Jun 09 @ 11:56 am
its enabled, i tried both but when its disabled it wont hold at all

Inviato Thu 04 Jun 09 @ 12:09 pm
PJay wrote :
its enabled, i tried both but when its disabled it wont hold at all

Are the XP10's touch sensitive? I thought they were just jog wheels ?

Inviato Thu 04 Jun 09 @ 1:28 pm
the top of the jog is touch sensitive for hold
side of the jog is pitch bend

Inviato Thu 04 Jun 09 @ 1:34 pm
For the iCDX --

Are you willing to sacrifice pitch bending via the jog when in Scratch Mode for better scratching ?

If so, change the WHEEL key in the mapper to jog_wheel NOT scratch_wheel. Pitch bending via the jog will only work if you turn Search Mode OFF by pressing the Search button.

Does this give you the result you are looking for ?

Inviato Thu 04 Jun 09 @ 7:22 pm
hey cstoll,

it is not possible to make it work how it was before? as ive re mapped my plus or minus bottons to something else as ive never used those and have been nudging via the jog wheel

Inviato Fri 05 Jun 09 @ 9:44 am
well i don't have such an advanced controller (djc mkI), but I have the the same kind of problem i gues:

First of all, the djc jog wheels aren't any touch sensitive ones---> not for scratching!

But somehow they work as scratch wheels, not as jog wheels (nudging...) and virtualdj follows every small movement of these small wheels...

changing jog_wheel/ scratch_wheel doesn't work...

Inviato Fri 05 Jun 09 @ 4:31 pm
dJdAbPRO InfinityMember since 2006
Same problem for me on XP10's... PLEASE FIX THIS!!!

The jog_whell fix is not a fix. Doing this causes another problem. Once you stop scratching, then plater stops then takes off again. Annoying!

Here was my original post, I left in June...

When using the XP10 map, scratch wheel not setup correctly w/ VDJ 6.0.1

Try this...

Play a song... touch the wheel and draw it back quickly. They hold should engage and the song should reverse. Not! For some reason the bend is engaging and bypassing the wheel touch message. The only way to get "somewhat proper" scratch is to nudge the wheel forward a little first then scratch. But if you do scratching tricks with a wheel touch release it completely messes up because it's not reversing properly. Not good at all guys! Btw... had been able to get it working fine on VDJ5.

Also, when is VDJ going to implement and slight lag into the touch wheel like Traktor? It needs a micro/subtle startup and slow down when touching the wheel. When you quickly tap the wheel it should not be a absolute start / stop. Doesn't sound natural at all. Made this request a long time ago btw.

BTW... The only way I can get VDJ to kinda work is to run Traktor w/XP10s in the background and send timecode signal to VDJ internally. Lots of work and resorces being used. Please get your software working correctly or I'll be moving on! BTW.. it seems to be a problem with multiple controllers, not just XP10's

Having a bi!<h trying to get it to work.

PLEASE CONTACT ME VDJ...
dab@blarg.net
or post here.

Inviato Sat 15 Aug 09 @ 12:36 am
Try changing the mapping of the jogwheel's touch sensor to the following:

scratch_wheel_touch & vinyl_mode ? down ? hold on : hold off : nothing

The jogwheel itself should be matched to scratch_wheel

Inviato Sat 15 Aug 09 @ 12:14 pm
any fix on this yet???

Inviato Mon 31 Aug 09 @ 10:02 pm
also... you arent able to trim and tweak loops with the jog wheel anymore....
can we plz have it mapped the exact same way it was in 5.2

thanks

Inviato Tue 01 Sep 09 @ 2:35 pm
amanandwhat wrote :
any fix on this yet???

It is fixed in the latest v6.0.2 update, but there isn't a trial of v6.0.2 available yet.

The above workaround is no-longer required in v6.0.2

You can change the mappings of the controller to suit your own preference via CONFIG -> Mappers.

Inviato Tue 01 Sep 09 @ 4:31 pm

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)