Accesso rapido:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: XP10 problem with VDJ6

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

dJdAbPRO InfinityMember since 2006
Sorry for also posting in pc tech.

When using the Xp10 map, scratch wheel not setup correctly.

Try this...

Play a song... touch the wheel and draw it back quickly. They hold should engage and the song should reverse. Not! For some reason the bend is engaging and bypassing the wheel touch message. The only way to get "somewhat proper" scratch is to nudge the wheel forward a little first then scratch. But if you do scratching tricks with a wheel touch release it completely messes up because it's not reversing properly. Not good at all guys! Btw... had been able to get it working fine on VDJ5.

Also, when is VDJ going to implement and slight lag into the touch wheel like Traktor? It needs a micro/subtle startup and slow down when touching the wheel. When you quickly tap the wheel it should not be a absolute start / stop. Doesn't sound natural at all. Made this request a long time ago btw.

Having a bi!<h trying to get it to work.

-dJ dAb

Inviato Sat 13 Jun 09 @ 10:56 pm
HELLO... ANYBODY?

Inviato Sat 15 Aug 09 @ 12:37 am
BTW... The only way I can get VDJ to kinda work is to run Traktor w/XP10s in the background and send timecode signal to VDJ internally. Lots of work and resorces being used. Please get your software working correctly or I'll be moving on! BTW.. it seems to be a problem with multiple controllers, not just XP10's

Inviato Sat 15 Aug 09 @ 12:40 am
Try changing the mapping of the jogwheel's touch sensor to the following:

scratch_wheel_touch & vinyl_mode ? down ? hold on : hold off : nothing

The jogwheel itself should be matched to scratch_wheel

NOTE: Please don't post the same topic more than once.

Inviato Sat 15 Aug 09 @ 12:16 pm
That works ok but how do I change slight nuances of how it reacts. Also, how can I edit the XP10 mapper in more detail then what I see in the mapper window. There must be all kinds of commands running in the background? Is there not some sort of definition file running too? How can I edit that?

Also I'm using two XP10's how do I add and duplicate the def / map for another?

-Sean / dJ dAb

Inviato Sat 15 Aug 09 @ 1:54 pm
It uses all the mappings as shown in the mappers window. There is nothing extra in the background besides what is shown. The definition file itself describes what buttons, sliders, etc. the controller has available and how they function, so that they can be mapped. The definition file for built-in controllers cannot be edited (And shouldn't need to be either.)

To adjust the sensitivity of the jogwheel, you can use the slider in CONFIG -> Options or you can permanently change it using param_multiply in the jogwheel's mapping, e.g: param_multiply 200% & scratch_wheel

The 2nd XP10 should be used automatically (If not, please post a message in the bug reports forum.) It will use the same mappings as the first, but they will be applied to the other deck.

Inviato Sun 16 Aug 09 @ 1:50 pm
Well, Is there a way I could copy the native definition file to another name, for editing? I would like to write my own code but it would be niceto start with the native XP10 definition. I would like to expand upon it. I wonder if it was taken into account that there is actually 2 messages for movement on the XP10 jogs. I believe cc96 (outside ring for bend) and cc97 (inner platter) are used plus touch message. It's almost like thier messages are read the same? I would like to change the scratch wheel senitivity without changing the jog wheel bend sensitivity. But, when you change the sensitivity via VDJ, it affects both. So when I set it comfortably for scratching, the bend is set way to high. Ideas? Is there a template I could use for making my own XP10 definition file? So, I don't have to start from scratch. All I really need is the coding for scratch / jog wheels.

BTW... thanks for your help!!!

Inviato Sun 16 Aug 09 @ 7:37 pm

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)