Accesso rapido:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: CUSTOM mapper for BCD3000!

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

For the love of God, either (1) tell me where the device XML for the BCD3000 is (not the mapper file, I know that is in the Mappers folder) or (2) fix the device and mapper file for the BCD3000 (they currently skip FX_B control knob; I've posted screen shots of this already in the forum but have received zero responses from anyone at Atomix). I haven't bothered creating a ticket for this because my tickets are categorically ignored (ticketing should be removed from the site since it offers only false hope that someone is reading them).

I would gladly go back to VDJ 5.2 and build my own general MIDI control setup BUT the value field is always grayed out from every MIDI event, and I cannot assign specific values to any controllers. This isn't a problem with the computer keyboard map, only with the general MIDI map. Frankly, I prefer the 6.0.1 approach to mapping, but it's still not fixed, and thus I can't use the BCD3000 the way I want to.

Is there any reason why the generic MIDI mapper does not recognize the BCD3000 like VDJ 5.2 did (partially)?

This is driving me fracking nuts. I just wish that this worked in either 5.2.x or 6.x.x. I just want to be able to have a working map that I can customize. Have mercy on my soul.

Inviato Sun 14 Jun 09 @ 11:27 am
I mean to say "Definition" XML data, not "Device" XML data. Sorry for the confusion.

Inviato Sun 14 Jun 09 @ 12:59 pm
The definition is built into VirtualDJ and cannot be viewed or edited.

However, if you have the MIDI specification for the controller, you can make your own and place it in VirtualDJ\Devices folder and it will override the built-in definition.

Inviato Sun 14 Jun 09 @ 2:12 pm
jpboggis wrote :
However, if you have the MIDI specification for the controller, you can make your own and place it in VirtualDJ\Devices folder and it will override the built-in definition.

Ooh, now we're talking. Can you direct me to a sample of what one of these looks like? I'm just digging into this subject matter and the water is deep. Any further clues would really make my day! Thanks for the response. At least I have a bread crumb trail to follow so far. :)

Or better yet, is there a sample that directly relates to the BCD series already in existence?

Inviato Sun 14 Jun 09 @ 2:47 pm

Inviato Sun 14 Jun 09 @ 3:28 pm
Hey, I got everything working! Thank you again for the clue!!!

I have my custom device file started and a corresponding mapper that is recognizing the buttons I've programmed so far, and Auto-Learn is detecting the buttons I've programmed.

I could cream my pants right now. The future is in my grasp, hahaha.

Seriously though. This is what I needed. Thank you.

Inviato Sun 14 Jun 09 @ 3:51 pm

Inviato Sun 14 Jun 09 @ 4:42 pm
I plan on it. Only problem seems to be the LEDs right now. I can't seem to get them to light up. :/

I'm using http://www.virtualdj.com/developers/BCDMapper.h for the note reference (I don't know how else to get the correct note numbers for LEDs. controllers are no problem using MIDI Mapper). Any suggestions?

Inviato Sun 14 Jun 09 @ 5:21 pm
Never mind, I got the LEDs working!!! :D

I'm all good. Just need to finish the configs. I'll post the set in a week or less. I'd do it right away, but most people are going to hate my mapper file. I'll make one later that is more standard.

Thank you again. I'm so f'n happy right now!

PS: The LEDs use CC data (not note data) which is described in the Behringer manual. :)

Inviato Sun 14 Jun 09 @ 7:03 pm

Inviato Wed 17 Jun 09 @ 1:51 am
arashHome userMember since 2004
could you please send me the VCI-300 Mapper? I nedd it asap

Inviato Wed 17 Jun 09 @ 11:05 am
arash wrote :
could you please send me the VCI-300 Mapper? I nedd it asap

Hi there,

Mappers, skins and other plugins are only available to registered users i'm afraid.

You can purchase a license and the download as much as you like.

Thanks for the understanding.

Inviato Wed 17 Jun 09 @ 12:23 pm
hey I can't download the mapper, where else can I download it? thx

Inviato Wed 18 Nov 09 @ 9:55 am
spinnaJPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Hi deejaydelacerda,

djtouchdan wrote :

Hi there,

Mappers, skins and other plugins are only available to registered users i'm afraid.

You can purchase a license and the download as much as you like.

Thanks for the understanding.

Regards;)

Inviato Wed 18 Nov 09 @ 10:49 am
For the love of God, either (1) tell me where the device XML for the BCD3000 is (not the mapper file, I know that is in the Mappers folder) or (2) fix the device and mapper file for the BCD3000 (they currently skip FX_B control knob; I've posted screen shots of this already in the forum but have received zero responses from anyone at Atomix). I haven't bothered creating a ticket for this because my tickets are categorically ignored (ticketing should be removed from the site since it offers only false hope that someone is reading them).

I would gladly go back to VDJ 5.2 and build my own general MIDI control setup BUT the value field is always grayed out from every MIDI event, and I cannot assign specific values to any controllers. This isn't a problem with the computer keyboard map, only with the general MIDI map. Frankly, I prefer the 6.0.1 approach to mapping, but it's still not fixed, and thus I can't use the BCD3000 the way I want to.

Is there any reason why the generic MIDI mapper does not recognize the BCD3000 like VDJ 5.2 did (partially)?

This is driving me fracking nuts. I just wish that this worked in either 5.2.x or 6.x.x. I just want to be able to have a working map that I can customize. Have mercy on my soul.

Inviato Mon 30 Nov 09 @ 3:00 pm
Hi - Message for Alien Implant.
I am running VDJ 6 on a Macbook Pro and have just bought the BCD3000 which I am pretty impressed with (apart from the mic input problem).
Question I have is that when I first set this up all worked OK - set the headphone + mixer with headphone to front o/p and main to rear.
Now though - even if I set the audio outputs to the above, it simply ignores this and always puts main output to the headphone jack (front) and headphone output to the rear output - nothing I do seems to change this - I have downloaded the mapper and device files (not tried them yet) - is this a problem you came up against?

Dave Mann

Inviato Thu 23 Sep 10 @ 6:44 am

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)