Accesso rapido:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: HOW CAN I RECORD LIVE MIXES ....

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

olivaaHome userMember since 2007
HELLO, MAYBE SOMEBODY CAN HELP ME OUT THERE!?!?

I AM USING VIRTUAL DJ 5.0.7 AND I AM CURRENTLY USING A PIONEER EXTERNAL MIXER ALONG WITH AN EXTERNAL PIONEER EFX 500 EFFECTS PROCESSOR TOO. I ALSO USE A GIGAPORT AG SOUND CARD. THE QUESTION I HAVE IS THAT IS THERE ANY POSSIBLE WAY THAT WHEN I RECORD, CAN I RECORD THE EFFECTS THAT ARE BEING PLAYED FROM MY EXTERNAL EFX DEVICE? IT SEEMS LIKE WHEN I TRY AND RECORD THROUGH VURTUAL DJ, IT WONT RECORD ANY OF THE EFFECTS I AM DOING. VDJ IS ONLY RECORDING THE MIXING AND NO EFFECTS FROM THE PROCESSOR EVEN THOUGHT THE EFX BOX IS HOOKED UP TO MY MIXER.

PLEASE HELP IF U CAN!!! I HAVE A SHOW ON jUNE.27TH AND WOULD LIKE TO RECORD THE SET. THANK YOU!

Inviato Tue 16 Jun 09 @ 5:10 pm
cstollPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Next time don't write a book in the title ... and DO NOT USE ALL CAPS !!

You need an external recording device ... its the only 'right way' to do it.

Inviato Tue 16 Jun 09 @ 5:54 pm
wheelyHome userMember since 2007
Easy, just route the rca master cables from the mixer, back into the computer via the "mic IN" with an appropriate adapter from radio shack $5

Then choose Master + Mic from the record config section...Choose the "mic" as the source from the drop down list

If you also want the RCA's from the mixer to go to your amp, you will also have to use a splitter from the mixer (one for the amp, one for the recording)

The set-up described above is also how you would braodcast to the internet...

Inviato Wed 17 Jun 09 @ 2:01 am
wheely wrote :
Easy, just route the rca master cables from the mixer, back into the computer via the "mic IN" with an appropriate adapter from radio shack $5

Then choose Master + Mic from the record config section...Choose the "mic" as the source from the drop down list

If you also want the RCA's from the mixer to go to your amp, you will also have to use a splitter from the mixer (one for the amp, one for the recording)

The set-up described above is also how you would braodcast to the internet...

Sorry Wheely but that wouldn't be a good idea. First off the mic input is monaural so it wouldn't be in stereo, secondly the mic input is for a low-level "fixed" input and the mixer is too powerful for that. Hypothetically you could turn the master gain way down but then you would likely still have distortion and let’s not forget the monaural part, not to mention you can damage something on the computer by inadvertently turning up the gain.

Try something else!!

DJ RuDe

Inviato Wed 17 Jun 09 @ 3:14 am

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)