Accesso rapido:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Problems with Hercules MK2 & V6 mappers

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

My Setup: Sony Vaio laptop with Vista SP1, 4gb of ram, 256mb ATI Radeon HD 3470 video card, 2.6ghz intel duo-core processor and 320gb hard drive. I have a Timecode CD setup with a Numark X6 external mixer and NI Audio 4DJ sound card. I hook up my Hercules MK2 as an additional device. I have downIoad and installed the latest driver (2009_HDJS) from the Hercules website. I always set my timecode to Smart Relative. The features I use on the MK2 are Jog wheel browsing, crossfader , load, pitch, sync, the cue buttons, loops and I also use it to record a mix (from the line out of my external mixer).

Here are my problems:
1. Sometimes when I am browser scrolling with the Jogs it suddenly gone to scratch or pitch bend mode. I don’t need my jogs to scratch or pitch bend. (I can use my CDJs to do that.)
2. Sometime the Play/Pause button still work. I don’t need the play/pause buttons. (my CDJs takes care of that)
3. When I start up the jog wheel browsing does not kick in instantly. I have to play around a bit before it starts working
4. Jog wheel browsing is not consistent, sometimes it’s on deck 1 only, deck 2 only or both decks
5. This last problem is not a fault of MK2 but it’s very strange. Every time when I press the F10 sample all the other samples (F1 to 9 & F11 & 12) suddenly becomes disabled. To get my samples to work again I have to navigate to samples and mouse click on any one then all start working. (lol very strange)

I can live with the last problem but I need help the MK2. I think it’s the mappers. I tried playing around with them but it did not made any difference and below are the keys that I have changed from original settings.

PLAY = Action: var 'timecode_active' ? nothing : play_pause
LOAD = Action: browser_window "folders" ? browser_folder : load
BROWSER_Y = Action: wheel_mode "browser"
JOG= Action: var 'timecode_active' ? nothing : jog_wheel
All other keys are not changed.

What have I done wrong?

Inviato Wed 17 Jun 09 @ 2:49 am
cstollPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Did you create a variable called 'timecode_active' or are you trying to see if the state of VirtualDJ is that the timecode is active?

If the later, then you need ...

PLAY = Action: timecode_active ? nothing : play_pause
JOG= Action: timecode_active ? wheel_mode "browser" : jog_wheel

LOAD = Action: browser_window "folders" ? browser_folder : load
BROWSER_Y = Action: wheel_mode "browser"

If you never use the Mk2 as a controller maybe you should change the PLAY and JOG to ...
#2 - PLAY - Action-> nothing
#3 - JOG - Action-> vinyl_mode 0 & wheel_mode "browser" & jog_wheel

You can then eliminate BROWSER_Y action

As for your keyboard issue ... it is strange ...

var - is only used if you create your own variables, not to check VirtualDJ's action states.

Inviato Wed 17 Jun 09 @ 8:19 am
Thank you.

You are right, I was not sure why I used "var". I thought it works like an "If condition" so in that case I was doing rubbish. I will try yours later and let you know what happen.

Cheers!

Inviato Wed 17 Jun 09 @ 9:36 am
cstoll wrote :
JOG= Action: timecode_active ? wheel_mode "browser" : jog_wheel

When I tried this the Jog wheel browsing did not work

I got it working when I changed it to: JOG= Action-> timecode_active ? jog_wheel : wheel_mode "browser" ? jog_wheel

but I did not tested it for a long period so I don't know if it's the solution.

cstoll wrote :
#3 - JOG - Action-> vinyl_mode 0 & wheel_mode "browser" & jog_wheel

The jog wheel browsing did not work for this one as well

Inviato Thu 18 Jun 09 @ 5:23 am

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)