Accesso rapido:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: RMX Jog wheel scrolling

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

So, I can't figure out how to use the RMX jog wheel for scrolling through the browser since updating to VDJ 6. It used to be that when you held the up or down buttons, the jogs would quickly scroll through the window. Anyone got a fix? Something to do with the mapper?

Inviato Thu 18 Jun 09 @ 4:02 pm
DJmgaPRO InfinityMember since 2009
Change the actions for the Up/DOWN buttons in the mapper as follows:

UP browser_scroll -1 & wheel_mode "browser" while_pressed
DOWN browser_scroll +1 & wheel_mode "browser" while_pressed

Inviato Thu 18 Jun 09 @ 4:25 pm
Fixed! Thanks for the quick response.

Inviato Thu 18 Jun 09 @ 4:42 pm
DJmgaPRO InfinityMember since 2009
You're welcome...glad to help.

Inviato Thu 18 Jun 09 @ 8:48 pm
DHoudePRO InfinityMember since 2009
I like the idea behind this, but if you hold the up or down key, you have to remember which window was selected last (folder or browser). I have a bad memory so this works better for me, you might like it too.

If you change that so that the left key does this:

browser_folder & wheel_mode "browser" while_pressed

And the Right Key does this:

browser_window 'songs' & wheel_mode "browser" while_pressed

I find it allot easier to get exactly what you want to happen, with less keys pressed and less chance of accidently browsing off the playlist or folder that you want to scroll through. When holding the left key you will be able to use either jog wheel to scroll folders. If you hold the right key either jog wheel will browse the songs in the browser window (not the play list or far right window). It just made more sense to me. Good luck.

Inviato Fri 19 Jun 09 @ 11:10 am
wilo007PRO InfinityMember since 2009
Can someone tell me what i am doing wrong, I have typed in what DJmga suggested and can not get jog wheels to scroll when up/down key held down.

Inviato Sat 20 Jun 09 @ 4:39 pm
OK, I got it working but the left jog wheel does the scrolling only is their a way for the right jog wheel to scroll since I am right handed.

Inviato Sat 20 Jun 09 @ 5:10 pm
OK, never mind I figured it out the cue select determines what jog wheel to use.Thank you

Inviato Sat 20 Jun 09 @ 5:15 pm
ciocePRO InfinityMember since 2004

Inviato Sat 20 Jun 09 @ 6:11 pm
DHoudePRO InfinityMember since 2009
If you want it to go to a particular deck all you have to do is call out the deck that you want to scroll with, before the command. Try this so that the left wheel is always the one to control the scrolling (left handed):

LEFT = browser_folder & deck 1 wheel_mode "browser" while_pressed
RIGHT = browser_window "songs" & deck 1 wheel_mode "browser" while_pressed

I don't always use the same hand and don't want to risk the chance of scratching a plying song so I like using this:

LEFT = browser_folder & deck 1 wheel_mode "browser" while_pressed & deck 2 wheel_mode "browser" while_pressed
RIGHT = browser_window "songs" & deck 1 wheel_mode "browser" while_pressed & deck 2 wheel_mode "browser" while_pressed

Both wheels do the same thing, hold the left arrow for folders and right for songs. This is the best that I can see this feature working for now. Hope this helps

Inviato Sun 21 Jun 09 @ 8:01 pm
Thanks DHoude, works like a champ.

Inviato Mon 22 Jun 09 @ 2:07 am
Boy! this one was buggin me too! got it workin after a few hours (first time messin with them commands) THANKS "mga"! Though it seems it takes a while for the system to recognize the new comand and I have to press the scratch button on and off,and especially after changing skins.(got the HERCULES RMX and VDJ PRO) RUNNIN it on a INSPIRION 1525 (dual pentium )

Inviato Sat 22 Aug 09 @ 6:55 pm

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)