Accesso rapido:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Using a second sound card to play samples?

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

Last night I tried playing with the samples for the first time. I'm using a Denon HC4500 controller so wanted to use that as the main output for the decks, and the laptop standard sound card for the samples. The problem is that when I setup for two sound cards, the sound for the two decks both come out of the same channel on the HC4500. The samples play fine on the laptop soundcard but I can't get the deck outputs to seperate.
My settings were :

Inputs : None
Outputs : 3 Lines Mixer.................Chan 1&2 Left deck, Chan 3&4 Right deck, Chan 5&6 Samples/Previes
Sound card : 2 Cards (4.1 + 1).......Denon HC4500
.......Speakers/Headphones (SigmaTel High Definition Audio CODEC)

Is this right? When set like this does the HC4500 still use the ASIO drivers?

Inviato Sat 20 Jun 09 @ 5:02 am
I don't think it's possible to do this with the HC4500's sound card. It is an ASIO sound card, not a 4.1 card. As far as I know, you cannot use an ASIO sound card + a 2nd sound card, unless you use an application such as ASIO4ALL, which might allow VDJ to see all 3 cards as a single emulated ASIO soundcard with 6 outputs.

A better solution would be to purchase an ASIO card with atleast 6 outputs (Native Instruments Audio 8 DJ would be good choice) and use this instead of the HC4500's built-in sound card.

Inviato Sat 20 Jun 09 @ 1:40 pm

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)