Accesso rapido:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Need Help Tweaking VCI-100 Mapper

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

J-SnipPRO InfinityMember since 2006
Hey Guys,

I need some help tweaking the VCI-100 Mapper. I have a gig coming up this Saturday and thought I would work on this only to find out i've run into a brick wall and I've read the wiki and still a little lost. Can someone please lend a hand?

What I'm trying to do is...
S1 = Select Deck 1
S2 = Select Deck 2
so B1 is Loop In on the active deck and B2 is Loop Out on the active deck.

I have the Loop In and Loop Out working correctly but can't seem to figure out S1 and S2 notes.

Also, I would like the Vol1 slider to be pitch slider for Deck 1 and Vol2 slider to be pitch slider for Deck 2.

Lastly, for now, the crossfader to only be video crossfader.

Thanks for the help!

Inviato Tue 30 Jun 09 @ 8:24 pm
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
JayMSY wrote :
S1 = Select Deck 1
S2 = Select Deck 2

S1 = deck 1 select
S2 = deck 2 select

JayMSY wrote :
Also, I would like the Vol1 slider to be pitch slider for Deck 1 and Vol2 slider to be pitch slider for Deck 2.

Set VOLUME to be pitch_slider

JayMSY wrote :
Lastly, for now, the crossfader to only be video crossfader.

video_crossfader

HTH :)

Inviato Tue 30 Jun 09 @ 8:31 pm
That worked Thanks!..

A couple more, Scott, if you don't mind.

On the controller there is a left side and a right side. Both sides have Loop 4 and Keylock but what I would like is..

LEFT SIDE (Deck 1)
Loop 4 = pitch bend down when pressed
Keylock = pitch bend up when pressed

RIGHT SIDE (Deck 2)
Keylock = pitch bend down when pressed
Loop 4 = pitch bend up when pressed

How to accomplish that? Is that even possible?

With the "new" pitchslider...anyway to reverse it? When I slide the slider up I would like for it to slow song down, when I slide the slider down I would like for it to speed the song up.

Inviato Tue 30 Jun 09 @ 8:45 pm
JayMSY wrote :

LEFT SIDE (Deck 1)
Loop 4 = pitch bend down when pressed
Keylock = pitch bend up when pressed

RIGHT SIDE (Deck 2)
Keylock = pitch bend down when pressed
Loop 4 = pitch bend up when pressed

Yup:

LOOP4: action_deck 1 ? deck 1 pitch_bend -1% 500ms : deck 2 pitch_bend +1% 500ms
KEY_LOCK: action_deck 1 ? deck 1 pitch_bend +1% 500ms : deck 2 pitch_bend -1% 500ms

JayMSY wrote :
With the "new" pitchslider...anyway to reverse it? When I slide the slider up I would like for it to slow song down, when I slide the slider down I would like for it to speed the song up.

param_invert & pitch_slider

Enjoy :)

Inviato Tue 30 Jun 09 @ 9:41 pm
awesome! I had my doubts it wouldn't work because of keylock wouldn't do mupltiple functions with 2 different decks but can. wow. The power of vdj6 script. cool! I need to try harder to understand the syntax structure.

Thanks again Scott. Ill post again if I can't figure something else out after trying it a few times.

One last question...I suppose I should copy the mapper file after its been tweaked for a backup right?

One more question...with the new mapper structure is it possible for different users to have their own mappers using the same controller? The controller won't use a mapper of a different filename (name.xml) will it? Senario...club uses the HD2500 and I have it set to do what I want when I gig but the other dj doesn't like how I have it mapped and wants to create his own.

Inviato Tue 30 Jun 09 @ 9:55 pm
Back again Mr. Scott. :-)

After trying to figure this out i'm stuck!

FX_M = video crossfader to make a smooth transition to video playing on deck 2
FX3_M = video crossfader to make a smooth transition to video playing on deck 1

I tried video_crossfader +4096 on key FX_M and it was an abrupt cut. What am I doing wrong?

Inviato Wed 01 Jul 09 @ 6:03 pm
Try these:

FX3_M = deck 1 video_transition
FX_M = deck 2 video_transition

If you want, you can save a button and just set one button to video_transition and it will bounce between them. video_transition will also take a timer parameter to specify how long the fade should take...

Inviato Thu 02 Jul 09 @ 11:27 am
That did the trick. I especially liked the idea of using one button to bounce back and forth.

Next question and hopefully the last...the key "setcue" how can I set multiple cue points with it?

Currently if I have a song that already has cue point 1 and tap "setcue" in another part of the track it moves cue point 1 to that point instead of setting cue point 2.

Inviato Thu 02 Jul 09 @ 6:44 pm
JayMSY wrote :
Next question and hopefully the last...the key "setcue" how can I set multiple cue points with it?

Currently if I have a song that already has cue point 1 and tap "setcue" in another part of the track it moves cue point 1 to that point instead of setting cue point 2.

You'll need to supply the cue point number to set_cue, for example set_cue 2 - otherwise it will use the currently selected cue value. Obviously this isn't much good if you don't have the buttons (on the HC4500 for example, you have 1-5 buttons that are ideal for cue points and loops). Without sufficient buttons I can't think of a good way of doing this off the top of my head. I suppose you could use cycle with a local variable to step through say 1-5, but it's not an ideal solution.

Inviato Thu 02 Jul 09 @ 8:41 pm
Thanks for replying back. Ill try the cycle idea. What made me think setting multiple cue points might be possible with one button is, if memory serves me correctly, it was doing it with the pre v6 using the dmc2.

Inviato Thu 02 Jul 09 @ 10:36 pm

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)