Accesso rapido:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Possible to use a midi controller as input.

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

XsavioRHome userMember since 2009
I am designing a USB midi controller to be used with virtual dj. So far ive got it working in other music production apps, Reason for instance. But loading virtual dj with it plugged in insta-freezes till i unplug it (at initializing ext devices).

What configuration is required for initializing ?

Current configuration:
Usb Audio class device , sub class Midi device
Sending control change message, 0-127 on controll 0

Never mind i got it, Dances Need to do it as a composite device... Will rewrite the firmware accordingly...

Would be nice to have more then thirty days to do this....

Inviato Thu 16 Jul 09 @ 8:11 pm
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
Thats the limitation of the demo version I'm afraid. If you're intending to use this controller with VDJ you'll want to be purchasing it anyway :)

Inviato Thu 16 Jul 09 @ 9:27 pm
My brother purchased it. Only thing is he lives 45 mins away.... not very usefull to test code with. The controller im designing is for him. Sometimes companies give free demos to work with. It only stands to make the company profit to have more devices designed to be used with it. It can never hurt to ask, and hope one of their devs sees it and sends me an email. I cant count how many times asking... payed off.

Inviato Fri 17 Jul 09 @ 7:46 am
:) Proto-type tested and working.

For the staff , it seems a better answer for future inquiries like mine would be as follows.

"

The Demo continues to load and allow aprox 1-2 minutes of functionality even after the demo counter is reduced to zero.
It still auto establishes hardware, and for development purposes is sufficient to test firmware changes.

"

It would be unfortunate to discourage developers from using this capability to promote compatibility with Virtual DJ as happened above.

Inviato Sat 08 Aug 09 @ 4:10 pm
I was indeed surprised at the answer I got ...................

I thought maybe another go at asking , but this time with a little something to backup my "outrageous" claims to be designing a midi controller specifically for this application. I just got the prototype boards

http://i280.photobucket.com/albums/kk184/xsavior38/IMG_0041.jpg

http://i280.photobucket.com/albums/kk184/xsavior38/IMG_0042.jpg

Really would be nice to have a dev version of VDJ with one functioning deck. Im about to begin writing the final firmware, and am not looking forward to using the current expired trial on my dev machine....

Throw me a bone here eh?

Inviato Tue 13 Oct 09 @ 6:39 pm
So let me get this straight...just because you have a soldering iron and some spare time you think you're entitled to a free copy of Virtual DJ? Rrriiiight.

Inviato Wed 14 Oct 09 @ 7:29 am
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
XsavioR wrote :
Throw me a bone here eh?

You'll get no bones here on the forum. You can email/ring support but I suspect they will tell you the same; if you want to use VirtualDJ beyond the trial period you will need to purchase it no matter what your usage is for

If you're planning to sell this controller to the public then the cost of a license is a small outlay.

If you're not planning to sell this controller to the public then what's the incentive to be provided a free license?

Inviato Wed 14 Oct 09 @ 10:52 am

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)