Accesso rapido:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Macbookpro and hercules dj control steel - Page: 2

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

Hello TimothyJarman,

1) I dont' meet the problem you describe: while I load a file, there is a graphic lag in the scrolling of the timeline (whether I load the file with a DJ Control Steel, or with a mouse), with no audio lag, but when I push down the Play button, I see no graphic lag in the scrolling of the waveform, the play function starts immediately, and I hear no lag either on the music playing on the other deck.

My configuration
- a MacBook 5.1: 2.4 GHz Core 2 Duo, with 2 GB of RAM and 10.5.5 (I never update the OS when it works),
- a DJ Control Steel whose drivers and firmware (read in DJ Control Steel control panel, at the About tab) are Firmware 1.0.13.0, Server 10.13, DJ Api 5.1
- VirtualDJ 6.0.2 Pro and VirtualDJ 5.2.2 DJC installed in the Mac.

Do you meet the same issue in VirtualDJ DJC 5.2.2?

2) For the issue you meet when mapping PLAY_PAUSE in MIDI, it is understandable as the MIDI command is a Control Change (CC). I don't find a list with all commands and examples for MIDI mapping in VDJ Script in the wiki area, so I don't know the command to apply a play/pause with a CC command (the play_pause would work with a Note On command).
I suppose there is a clever way to map to play and the pause on the same button, but I don't find it, so I suggest a workaround: set the play on the Play button and the pause on the Stop button, you then type the following commands in the MIDI mapper
key Action
0-CC11 deck 1 play
0-CC13 deck 1 pause
0-CC35 deck 2 play
0-CC37 deck 2 pause

Inviato Fri 04 Sep 09 @ 10:22 am
Hello TimothyJarman,

Another solution to map the Play_pause function in MIDI is to replace the CC (Control change command) of the Steel with a Note On command. It is possible with Hercules MIDI mapper, which can be downloaded from Hercules website.
http://ts.hercules.com/eng/index.php?pg=view_files&gid=2&fid=28&pid=215&cid=4

With Note On command instead of Control Change, when you release the button, you don't change the command status.

Inviato Mon 07 Sep 09 @ 5:14 am
I am having the same problem(s). I have a macbook 1.83c2d w 2gb ram and gma950. An hp mini 1000 with a 1.6 atom n720mac mini 1.8 core solo and an eee 701 900mhz celeron. All have 2gb ram and all have gma 950. Now, all running windows with in vdj i have no problems with my multi sound card setup, cueing, mixing, effects even with midi controllers ( except for the eee obviously... Celeron) but all in mac os vdj runs PERFECT until i activate the Hercules dj control steel. The waveform gets choppy, and the sliders (crossfade/master/track vol.) are all sloooow and take several seconds to catch up. Why is this? Same hardware... This is only problem i've run into with mac os... It all runs fine on my buddy's mbp 2.16.c2d. Thanks in advance!

Inviato Wed 28 Oct 09 @ 2:56 am

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)