Accesso rapido:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Glitches: ESI U46se + Serato Vinyl + Beat800 (PhonoPreAmps)

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

Hi,

I'm getting audio glitches when trying to scratch with the following setup:

- Intel C2D 1.6ghz;
- Kingston 2 Ghz Ram 667mhz;
- 120 Hdd;

- ESI U46SE (Latest drivers) USB;
- Rane Serato Timecode Vinyl v2 (Recomended by Atomix);
- Behringer Beat800 (Phono Pre Amps);

Running:

- Latest Virtual Dj;
- Win XP SP2;

Tests done:
- Soundcard with latency at 48, 64, 128, and tested 256;
- Buffer 4, 8, 9;

I would like to understand why scratching is not acurate ? I've seen videos of Virtual Dj, with suposely
similar setup (similar audio card). Scratching doesnt have the same fealling as the real deal, or even Serato.

Can someone give me sugestions ? Is it because of the soundcard ?

Any sugestion is appreciated!

Inviato Tue 04 Aug 09 @ 9:44 am
Which version of VDJ do you use ? Latest V5 or V6 ?
Professional or LE ?

I think your Soundcard is not fast enough for scratching - i own one of that Soundcards by my own but i think it's more 'Bedroom' DJing Equipment (Sorry...)

Greets, Heiko

Inviato Tue 04 Aug 09 @ 10:29 am
Hi,
thanks for your fast answer!

I'm testing V6, I came from other DIY software, with this same setup. Before VDJ, I was using Deckadance, wish had the exactly same issue.

When you use real vinyl and if you place a sticker marker, you always know that bringing the record to the point of the sticker is always going to bring back the same point/sound. Deckadance and VDJ doesn't use the time code as accurate, you have to keep pulling the record more and more to get back to the initial marker! Meanwhile, Serato handle this perfectly, like real vinyl, very accurate!

Are you sure this is the Soundcard ? This soundcard can go as far, as using 48 for latency in ASIO. I supose thats pretty fast.

Virtual DJ is 250 bucks more or less, I dont know if buying a new soundcard is the way to go. What if the problem is the software ? Traktor is like 310 bucks, full pack with software, ready for scratch. Same for Torq, for 300 bucks or less.

From what I've tested so far and VDJ being pretty new for me, only tested a few times, I prefer VDJ, but I really need to know if this issue is not the software.

-> I'm going also test with diferent drivers, 1.016 etc and Asio4All;

Inviato Tue 04 Aug 09 @ 10:41 am
I've tested with ASIO4ALL, it still happens. I'm thinking that the glitches are being cause
by the quality of the SoundCard, but for the scratch issues (Loosing position Point), etc
is a Software issue.

Can someone confirm me this ? I'm going Traktor Scratch Duo probably, any sugestions
are apreciated.

Thanks for your time.

Inviato Tue 04 Aug 09 @ 7:11 pm
Isn't there someone that experienced NI Audio 4 Dj, with Virtual Dj for Scratching ? With Serato Vinyls or something ?

Inviato Wed 05 Aug 09 @ 8:22 am
The Trial version of vdj does not fully support timecodes......hence the problems .
The full pro version works fine for me , no issues :)

Inviato Wed 05 Aug 09 @ 12:02 pm
Hi Frank699, thanks for your answer.

From what Virtual Dj says:

"You can download a FREE demo version of VirtualDJ. The demo will work without any limitation for 20 days."

There's no limitation actually.

Inviato Wed 05 Aug 09 @ 2:01 pm

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)