Accesso rapido:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: i tunes on external hard drive?

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

hi there,

I worked for years with VDJ on my windows laptop, last year i bought an imac and last month i bought a macbook pro. Now the thing is that I have a huge itunes library right now on my imac (not on my external). How can i use VDJ with my macbook? Do I have to move my library or share it trough my network or... What is the best way to do this? I would use my macbook with wireless network (if this is relevant)

thx in advance,

Gregory

Inviato Wed 05 Aug 09 @ 6:59 am
As far as I remember, iTunes has the ability to automatically sync libraries between two Macs over the network. This way you would always have identical set of MP3's on both computers.

Unfortunetly I don't have my MacBook in front of me right now, so I can't tell you how to do it. Hopefully this information has some use to you, happy hunting ;)

Inviato Thu 06 Aug 09 @ 2:34 am
I have a shared library on my macbook but VDJ doesn't recognize the shared library. When i choose the vdj folder on the left there is nothing in it?

Inviato Thu 06 Aug 09 @ 11:48 am
I haven't ever actually tested this, so I'm mostly just guessing...

Apparently the problem is that you are not able to access the shared library on your iMac while using Virtual DJ on MacBook, because the files are on another computer.

So in order to have all the MP3's physically on both computers and to have automatically synchronized libraries on both computer, you have to choose Archive --> Library --> Add to library (or whatever it is in English, i'm using a Finnish iTunes). This will copy all the files in music your library (including the added shared library on iMac) to your MacBooks iTunes Music directory.

Also, from the Prerecences --> Additional preferences (or whatever the last tab is in English), check the box "Copy files to iTunes Music directory when they are added to the library".

In case this was completely different what you wanted to do, my apologies :)

Inviato Fri 07 Aug 09 @ 6:16 am

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)