Accesso rapido:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: VDJ, RMX & CDJ-1000's

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

Hi All,

I've got my first night at a new club this week and have seen they have a pair of CDJ-1000's.

Now I'll be using VDJ as normal with my Hercules Rmx, but I am curious about attaching the CDJ's through the external source inputs and using Time Codes to control VDJ.

This will be my first time with TC and wanted some help/input on how to configure the CDJ's.

So here goes with the questions:

1. Where do I download the TC track from. I remember it being available here in the past?
2. Should I burn on to CD or should I just copy to a pair of SD cards and use that instead?
3. Is setting up the TC straightforward enough?
4. Can I revert to the console if I struggle with the CDJs?
5. I'll be upgrading to VDJ6 before I play as well is this likely to cause any issues?
6. What else do I need to know?
7. What else could go wrong?

Cheeers,

Roy

Inviato Mon 10 Aug 09 @ 4:58 am
1) On the download section also you want to use the PRO track
2) Burn them never used them with a SD card before? Also burn them with a slow speed and make sure NOT to normalize them when burning.
3) yep CD's on the input side and depending if your going to a external mixer on the output side left side 1/2 on Ch 1 and right side 3/4 Ch 2. If not, and going stright to a Amp use the 1/2 out to the Amp.
4) Yes!! I use the Basic skin when I want to turn off the TC. Its the llittle Blue , green or what ever color ball on the end of the TT on screen.
5) You can ONLY use TC with the PRO version.
6) There are a lot of HOW TO's on here just have to look for them for setting up TC. Also and most important you have to know how the use the the decks. I know a lot of people who use the software and are pretty good with the Sync button. Get them on real decks and it's a whole different story!!
7) EVERYTHING and Anything!!! No seriously you have to be prepaired for anything!! Computers and the software and real nice like I have always said they are a convience. But in case of a total crash you should have a back up? Be it another computer or a Booklet of CD's. I have 2 booklets of CD's I always carry with me incase of a total crash??

So thats it? hope I have answered your question as clearly as possable? if not ask away :) and I will try to help as much as I can...

Inviato Mon 10 Aug 09 @ 8:18 am
Djmadman73,

Thanks for the input.

Found the Pro Grade track and downloaded it.

I think I'll try burning the track to CD and copying to SD to see what happens and report back.

Seems fairly straight forward to set up, I just need to go through the TC set up in VDJ.

I know what you mean about backups. Currently I have an American Audio SDJ-1 which is a twin SD card player as it seems pointless going backwards to CD...

However, the SDJ-1 does not have a mixer so I am now looking at the following as a soluton:

I'm gonna rack mount my Rmx (now I have the proper ears) along with an American Audio Q-SD mixer. Thsi mixer has a single SD card player which is all I need as a backup with a handful of tracks to play while the laptop reboots.

I will use two inputs and the crossfader on the mixer and using the seperate outputs on the Rmx. I can then use the headphones and mic on the Q-SD.

A bit off topic but there you go.

I'll report back on the whole CDJ-1000 set up once I've had a chance to play...

Cheers,

Roy

Inviato Tue 11 Aug 09 @ 10:02 am

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)