Accesso rapido:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Behringer + VDJ

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

Hi, I was planing on buying a behringer djx700 and use it with my laptop.
I know I can buy a cable that sends all sounds to the mixer but then I won't be able to use the crossfader on the mixer to go over to a new song.. right? So I was wondering: can I buy another cable or like plugin an extra sound card in order to make the crossfader work?

Thanks for all your responds.

Inviato Sun 16 Aug 09 @ 2:52 am
c4rashyHome userMember since 2009
I didnt really get your question right. But there is no real need of external sound cards unless you need it for timecodes, or preview outputs.

Inviato Sun 16 Aug 09 @ 6:06 am
What does 'timecodes' mean..?

Yeah, I'd like to hear the next song before puting it to the speakers and that I won't be able to do without an extra sound card?

I meant, if I move the crossfader on the Behringer will it move in VDJ too?

Another question is it possible to connect CDJ200 so I can control the platter and buttons in VDJ?

Inviato Sun 16 Aug 09 @ 6:46 am
If you move the actual crossfader on your remote tool, it will virtually move in the software aswell (if you have enabled the remote tool). You will need an external sound card to listen to the sound preview thru for example headphones.

You go to settings. Pick that you use headphones. Then pick dual soundcards, and name which is main, and which is external.

timecodes are something that you shouldnt worry about (at all) if you are a pc dj. Thats what the pros use.

Yes, you can use pioneer cdjs aswell thru vdj.

I recommend you to take a trial of vdj, and just check the settings. There you will find all the information about which remote tools you can use in vdj.

Hope you understood!

Inviato Sun 16 Aug 09 @ 8:10 am
OK, thanks. I know understand how the pre-listening in headphones work.

But sliding the fader.. will it really work? Atm I have another mixer that I connect to my friends VDj and PC and the only cable we got is something similar to this (picture in the link): http://www.kabelgiganten.se/picartiklar/73.jpg

I was thinking that it would get easier to just throw on a MP3 file in the VDj than burning out cd's all the time, and it's more comfortable and feels better to push real buttons than virtual buttons.

Btw, do I need any certain sound card or will anyone work with VDj?

Thanks again fo answering.

Inviato Sun 16 Aug 09 @ 1:19 pm
You can use any soundcards as external ones, but i highly recommend USB sound cards. They are cheap and easy to set-up. I have a USB soundcard for 20 bucks. Its got 1 virtual 5.1 output, and an input.

In anyways, if you want to have a quick, simple, cheap pc dj set-up that does the job, then you would need this:
Virtual dj 5
Ion Icue
A pc with integrated soundcard
some speakers
an external USB soundcard
Headphones

thats about it. I bought that, and i feel like this is what anyone who wants to start with pc djing has to have.
If i was home i would gladly help you even more, by taking pics and stuff of what ive bought, and how to set it up. Because when I was looking for help finding my first djing gear, i got very bad support from people on the internet. I dont want you to feel the same way. Hope you find what you want. If you dont run on a low budget (like I did) you could be wanting a more advanced set of gear.
In that case the only thing I can recommend is to buy either a pair of CDJ100's or a CDJ800.

I found a video on youtube that helped me setting up my external sound card.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lgGMdT-cIaE

jag kan lite svenska också, men det är lättare för mig att skriva engelska. hoppas jag har varit till hjälp.

Inviato Sun 16 Aug 09 @ 1:49 pm
Great, tips! I looked up the Ion Icue and it's not too expensive!
I'm glad there are people out there that really wants to help other come to a start.

Again, I'm bringing up the CDJ, my friend has an old pioneer CDJ that has no USB so I'm wondering what cables would I need to connect between the CDJ and the computer so I can control the virtual platter via the real CDJ. Like i said I only have the wire i linked before..

Vad roligt att du talar svenska! =)

Inviato Sun 16 Aug 09 @ 6:17 pm
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
Just for the record; if you want to use something like a djx700 then you just need a 4 channel sound output (2 stereo signals). Run VDJ in external mixer mode - the mixer will work exactly as if two CDJs were hooked up to it.

Inviato Sun 16 Aug 09 @ 8:34 pm
Ohh. Ive never thought of that a cdj could be without USB port. It sounds very wierd to me. With Ion Icue its just: plug it in and use it.
It took about a week to set-up my gear, but that is most probably because of the bad response i got from another dj forum. If Id have to do the same now, i could do it in like an hour.
Ill try to help you out! ;)

ps. Im pretty new to this all DJ stuff. My studio isnt fully done yet, but ive got the basic components. Im running on (very) low budget, so my tips might be just wrong for you.
Im anyways not planning on buying any branded mixers for a long time now.

Inviato Mon 17 Aug 09 @ 1:35 am

Inviato Mon 17 Aug 09 @ 5:26 am
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
If thats a mono splitter then it could be used in a pinch; if that's a stereo splitter then it's effectively useless ;)

Inviato Mon 17 Aug 09 @ 6:54 am

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)