Accesso rapido:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Denon HC 4500 Soundcard issue

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

Hi,

I have a HC 4500 midi controller, and hooked it up to my new laptop, and ran into a strange issue with regards to setting u the soundcard in VDJ. I set it up for 3 channel mixer, 6.1 sound, and then try to slit the left and right deck, but sound from both decks come out of one channel on my mixer. Hs this happened to anyone before? I ended up downloading the ASIO driver, and it split the decks just fine, but if I don't have the box checked Ultra low latency, when I boot VDJ, I get an error saying ASIO does not have enough channels.

Old set up on old laptop:

Win XP pro, VDJ ver 5.1.2 - sound card set up: None > 3 channel mixer > 6.1 soundcard > HC 4500. This would split the sound so left deck plays on channel 1 and right deck out of chanel two off my mixer. the Denon has v1005

New Laptop set up:

Win Vista 64-bit, VDJ ver 5.1.2 - sound card set up as above will not split the sound at all. I had to upgrade to v1006 on the HC because in the book it states that v1005 is not capatable with Vista. ALso, I have to use the ASIO driver. When I boot up VDJ - I get the Error in ASIO not enough channels. BUT - if I check the Ultra Low Latency box on the soundcard setup page and reboot VDJ - I do not get the error.

I have a gig tomorrow, and will be using the new laptop for the first time, so I am very nervous about this. It works, but can someone explain the nuances so that I may have a better understanding of soundcard setup and ASIO?

Thanks

Inviato Fri 21 Aug 09 @ 1:13 pm
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
Why are you using 3 channel external mixer when the HC4500 is only a 2 stereo channel output?

Inviato Fri 21 Aug 09 @ 1:24 pm
Thanks for your response. I set it up from suggestions from other VDJ users. If I set up in the soundcard options of VDJ as External Mixer - it only give you the option of running Left Deck = Front output Right Deck = Rear output, etc... I don't think this is the way to set it up, as I had volume differences between the decks this way.

I just want to be sure I am setting VDJ up correctly to match my hardware and operating software. Any suggestions would be great.

Inviato Fri 21 Aug 09 @ 2:50 pm
The correct setup should be:

Inputs: None
Outputs: External Mixer
Sound card(s): ASIO
Sound card: DENON DJ ASIO
Ultra-low latency: Checked
Output channels: It doesn't really matter. In HC4500 it just reverses the outputs between the two players. Either way it should work Ok. Personally I change this setting frequently because I'm just too lazy to rewire my RCA cables to my mixer when I connect them the wrong way...

This setup should work 100% correctly...

With "3-Lines Mixer" you should pay very big attention on the "Output channels" section since you may assign a deck to chan5/6 which DOES NOT exist in HC4500. Still, even if you configure it "correctly" you will have NO sound from the sampler, since it will try to play in the 5/6 missing channels...

So, stick with "External Mixer" and everything should be Ok.

Inviato Mon 24 Aug 09 @ 1:51 am
HI,

Thanks for the feedback and setup instructions. I played a 5 hour gig on Saturday, worked perfectly. You mentioned the samples - which I used on Saturday, and it played through both channels, whether I had deck one or two playing, I just had to make sure to adjust the volume of the sample playing to match the volume of the song.

Once again, thanks for the setup!

Mike

Inviato Tue 25 Aug 09 @ 1:31 pm

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)