Accesso rapido:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Am I the only one with Crashes?

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

hOAGARTPRO InfinityMember since 2008
Ok, ive been running the RMX for a year on my MacBook.

I have all the updates and patches.

This still crashes on a nightly basis while I am out playing. Its getting to be annoying. ( I have posted my crash logs here in the past)

I think its time I start researching other software options, unless someone can assist.

Inviato Wed 26 Aug 09 @ 1:58 pm
i have the same problem it isnt opening for me i have a party tom night!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Inviato Wed 26 Aug 09 @ 9:19 pm
Hello hOAGART,

I have no crash with Rmx + VirtualDJ on my MacBook with Mac OS 10.5.6.
Did you try using a powered USB hub between the Rmx and your MacBook?
First time I connected my MacBook it did not detect the Rmx: I connected a powered USB hub between and afterwards everything was OK, then I reset the System Management Controller (SMC : http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1411) and everything is OK since that day, I use may DJ Console Rmx plugged directly on the MacBook USB port with no problem.

Inviato Thu 27 Aug 09 @ 3:31 am

Inviato Thu 27 Aug 09 @ 3:35 am
I dont need a powered hub as I just plug it into the powered USB on the Mac.

It loads fine and will pplay for a few hours, then when I hit a button, it just stops and the software crashes out.

Inviato Thu 27 Aug 09 @ 9:13 am
which version of OSX are you using??

Inviato Thu 27 Aug 09 @ 10:48 am
5.7 or 5.8, cant remember ... besides ive had this problem for the past year since ive purchased it.

Inviato Thu 27 Aug 09 @ 1:20 pm
I have the same issue. I don't consider the device club quality, just for studio use when making mashups and such. I'm curious how it performs in windows.

Inviato Thu 27 Aug 09 @ 5:45 pm
As far as I remember, 5.0.3 beta freezed once or twice when I have messing around with iTunes on the same time. I can't recall 5.2.1 ever crashing/freezing on me. So far 6.0.1 beta has freezed on me just once.

Pretty good track record, all things considered.

I'm using Edirol FA-66 sound card and Numark DMC2-controller.

Inviato Fri 28 Aug 09 @ 6:17 am
mjh99ent are you using the software that came with the RMX, or did you upgrade to Pro?

Inviato Fri 28 Aug 09 @ 2:36 pm
Pro. You get a lot more option with pro. when it works it is very stable. I wonder if mine just was being overloaded. It doesn't seem to handle loads from profession amps very well...I had to be around 50% to prevent clipping.

Inviato Wed 02 Sep 09 @ 10:37 pm
Pro. You get a lot more option with pro. when it works it is very stable. I wonder if mine just was being overloaded. It doesn't seem to handle loads from profession amps very well...I had to be around 50% to prevent clipping.

Thats interesting ..

This really sucks .. I had it happen again last night. Luckily it was early in the night, so my late night crowd didnt hear the faux-pa.

Whats even more interesing, it happens consistently at 1 venue. I used it at another venue for 2x the time I usually do and it worked great.
Some may say its a power issue, but I use a conditioner on every venue.

Inviato Thu 03 Sep 09 @ 12:57 pm
If you have a volt meter check your wall power. Even with a conditioner if you are getting under 100v off of the wall, your usb might not be passing enough juice to the rmx. Strictly conjecture on my part, but can't hurt to check it out.

Inviato Fri 04 Sep 09 @ 4:54 pm
Hoagart - I've got the same setup and I've been having the same problems. Unfortunatly it crashed on me earlier tonight, and the club owner was fed up and told me to "pack my s***", as this has happened for the third week in a row. i've tried posting my error logs in the past and the VDJ team never gives me an answer, rather gives me a question like "are you using 10.5.8?"

Im seriously fed up with this software....I used the console edition on my 6 year old PC for 1 year and never had a problem. ever since i switched to mac and upgraded to pro, i've never gone 2 hours without a crash. upgrading to pro was the biggest waste of money, considering it just cost me my biggest gig.

Inviato Sat 05 Sep 09 @ 1:24 am
th3c00lPRO InfinityMember since 2009
Dude what happened after the crash? Everything just went quiet? Or did you have a backup...man that must be the most embarrassing ever it hasn't happened to me yet. I am really worried =\

It is so true. I dont care for all effects/plugins/coolness factor/capabilities. The most important thing is STABILITY.

Inviato Sat 05 Sep 09 @ 4:14 pm
Well i have an ipod plugged into my amp, so when I anticipate this is about to happen, I switch over to the ipod. sometimes i can do it without anyone noticing. well this time, the club owner noticed, and then he asked me "why am i paying you big bucks to play music off of an ipod?", I'm telling you it was real embarrassing. thank God this didn't happen during one of my wedding gigs, can you imagine if this were to happen during a couple's first slow dance?

I agree with you about all of the extra effects and stuff...i try to stick to the basic effects that are preinstalled on the software.

In one of the other forums, someone suggested upgrading to Snow Leopard. The only problem is Hercules doesn't make RMX drivers for Snow Leopard.

Inviato Sat 05 Sep 09 @ 11:41 pm
Hello djramz02,

The USB ports of many MacBook are known as having sometimes bus power drop-downs, which would cause exactly the issue you describe (cutting the power on the DJ Console Rmx), so your problem has 50% chance to be a USB bus power issue.
You should try to connect between the Mac and the DJ Console Rmx a USB hub with its own power adapter.

Another possible origin for this issue may be an electrostatic discharge (if the issue happens always at a moment where you have the hand on the DJ Console Rmx), and then a way to prevent is would be to remove the screw holding the aluminum plate to the console on rear panel close to the USB plug, wind a thin metal cable (as a copper cable) around the screw and fix the screw again, and wind the other end of the copper cable around the input 1-2 ground screw.

Inviato Mon 07 Sep 09 @ 3:58 am
Hoagart - I've got the same setup and I've been having the same problems. Unfortunatly it crashed on me earlier tonight, and the club owner was fed up and told me to "pack my s***", as this has happened for the third week in a row. i've tried posting my error logs in the past and the VDJ team never gives me an answer, rather gives me a question like "are you using 10.5.8?"

Im seriously fed up with this software....I used the console edition on my 6 year old PC for 1 year and never had a problem. ever since i switched to mac and upgraded to pro, i've never gone 2 hours without a crash. upgrading to pro was the biggest waste of money, considering it just cost me my biggest gig.

ya, I havent even done the upgrade yet, but after your post, I think I will be looking at other software options, or just going back to CD's

Inviato Tue 08 Sep 09 @ 8:47 am

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)