Accesso rapido:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Denon HC4500 & Hercules DJ console Mk2

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

Hi,

Does anyone know if its possible to connect the HC4500 for sound and mp3 control and use the Mk2 as a midi controler simultaneously to operate volume sliders in the software

If this is possible, please can somebody tell me the settings that need to be altered in setup, I am currently running VDJ 6.0

Regards
Lee

Inviato Fri 28 Aug 09 @ 11:34 am
Yes, you can use multiple MIDI controllers. Just simply connect them and they should both be detected and used at start-up.

However, the HC4500 is ideally designed for rackmount use with a standard external DJ mixer (Which will allow you to headphone pre-listen direct from the mixer.) The HC4500 does not have a headphone output - Just RCA outputs for each deck to connect to your external mixer.

The sound setup for HC4500 and external mixer use is:

Inputs: None
Outputs: External Mixer
Sound card: ASIO Driver

Choose Denon ASIO in the drop-down list.

Inviato Fri 28 Aug 09 @ 1:21 pm
Thanks JP,
I guess what I really need is an external mixer with added midi control rather than the mk2 that is really an all in one stand alone controler.
I just wanted to use the stuff I had to record some mixes rather than buying a new mixer just to use when recording, I also own a Denon DNX500 mixer so I guess at a push I could record using the crossfader to control the mix, as this will control crossfader in within VDJ. Am I right in thinking this or do I need your mapper for this set-up???

Inviato Sat 29 Aug 09 @ 2:53 am
Yes, the HC4500 is best used with an external mixer, such as the X500 that you already have which is a perfect match for it.

The crossfader will work if you enable the X-control feature. This will work in the native support too (You don't need the mapper for it.)

If you have the MK2 console, then for home recording you can use its internal sound card which has a headphone output. If you have the MP3 console (Which you said in your first post), that doesn't have a sound card, but you could purchase a sound card with a headphone output, such as Numark DJIO and use that as your soundcard.

Inviato Sat 29 Aug 09 @ 10:29 am

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)