Accesso rapido:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Bootcamp 3.0

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

DJ CyderPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2003
I've been testing snow leopard for a few days now and I have to say the coolest thing about the new snow leopard is the fact you can read your mac drive from windows. Now this may not be a big deal to some but for me its huge because I can now read my itunes files from inside bootcamp.

My first attempt to just use my itunes lib file from bootcamp was a failure VDJ6 has the abilty to move the defuat itunes lib file loacation via a reg hack. So I Just pointed it to my mac side itunes folder. At first I thought I had sucess as all my playlists and files loaded up inside vdj but none of the tracks would load bummer.

My next attempt was to install a seperate itunes inside bootcamp, then hold shift and load my mac itunes libary inside. This was another fail itunes wasn't allowed to open the mac lib file bummer...

My final attempt was just to add the tracks from my mac itunes files to the current installed itunes on bootcamp and later just mirror my playlists. This was a sucess after I changed the folder back in the registy. I was able to play all my music and video files from the mac hard drive inside of VDJ.

Pretty cool I'll try some more tests later but its great not to have a full copy of files already on my computer when i use bootcamp.

Inviato Sun 30 Aug 09 @ 9:17 am
i cant wait to get hold of the latest update, should be coming soon, and yes finally not longer need software like macdrive anymore.

But with the release of vdj 6 full version for mac there should be no need to use bootcamp with vdj :) as its no longer beta so everything should work.

I did try using bootcamp before with vdj but the audio just kept cracking etc, was using the djio, i changed every setting you can thing of within vdj and the numark control panel but no use, then i realized why i left windows in the first place, because you have to keep doing so many thing to make things work..

Oh btw, as you are someone who probably can help, if you could please spare some time just to check my thread regarding the hercules/steel and vdj 6 as its not working and i am on the vdj 6.2 not the beta, as i only brought this controller last week as it was recommend on your site.

Thanks

Tim

Inviato Sun 30 Aug 09 @ 1:11 pm
paxwebbPRO InfinityMember since 2009
Cyder, this is just a mirror of the itunes music? I have a 350GB library and can't have 2 copies of it on my internal HD. I want to access the itunes library on my Mac partition from the PC version of VDJ. Please advise on how this can be done. Thanks.

Inviato Fri 13 Nov 09 @ 8:51 am
No its not a mirror the physical tracks live on the mac side, basically i went into the osx drive and added those songs to itunes on the windows side works perfectly the only bummer is having to manage 2 itunes libraries.

Inviato Fri 13 Nov 09 @ 9:03 am
paxwebbPRO InfinityMember since 2009
can we just put a shortcut/alias into the PC iTunes folder that points to the Mac iTunes folder??

Inviato Fri 13 Nov 09 @ 9:04 am
isrortPRO InfinityMember since 2009
cool my friend... btw i just pm, hope could assist me and save me again.

Saludos.

Inviato Fri 13 Nov 09 @ 10:58 am
dj congratulations for your post.

I had done a similar test, but more simple. I used the windows XP (bootcamp) with Virtual DJ 6.0.2 to access the music on the partition of the snow leopard and functioned normally.

However with the launch of version 6.0.3 compatible with Windows 7, I decided to try the same test. And in my test environment the virtual dj (6.0.3) does not access the contents of the folders on the partition of the snow leopard, saw the folder but not access the content. The windows 7 have normal access.

I had to go back to the old configuration.

In your test, what version of Windows you are using?

Inviato Fri 13 Nov 09 @ 11:09 am
I'm using windows 7, not sure what you are trying to do, if you mean have Virtualdj access directly that isn't working for me either, that's why I installed itunes and dumped the songs there and read them from the itunes folder in VDJ.

Inviato Fri 13 Nov 09 @ 12:17 pm

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)