Accesso rapido:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Best Mac Soundcard...

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

I am currently using the DJIO right now and am happy with it but I want to upgrade to a firewire soundcard. What is a good firewire soundcard to get without breaking the bank? I don't use timecodes, I just need something that is capable of splitting the two decks into 2 channels on my mixer. Thanks.

Inviato Sat 05 Sep 09 @ 12:39 pm
I strongly recommend Edirol FA-66.

Inviato Mon 07 Sep 09 @ 4:53 am
That looks like a good choice, J&R Music World lists it for $279, is that a good price?

Inviato Mon 07 Sep 09 @ 2:02 pm
I'd say that's a damn good price. In Europe it costs ~300 EUR, which is ~435 USD.

Inviato Wed 09 Sep 09 @ 3:27 am
tookeptPRO InfinityMember since 2006
fast track pro guys!!!!! 200 bucks works like a charm...works on mac and pc perfect

Inviato Fri 25 Sep 09 @ 4:03 pm
I am on the quick learning curve...just got the vdj and have a gig to play out at on 24 October. what do I need...I have a macbook and vdj.
What is a sufficient entry level sound card for me?
Any help welcome.

Inviato Tue 29 Sep 09 @ 12:20 pm
spinnaJPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Hi there furiousfletch,

I would advise you to register your serial at your modify your profile and thus have the latest version and other goodies in the plug in section.

Sufficient entry sound card.. what are you trying to achieve? Doing timecodes?

The herc mk2 or rmx can do etc;)

Regards.

Inviato Tue 29 Sep 09 @ 12:24 pm
Err...guys, I believe he said he was looking for a Firewire sound card (which is a good idea IMHO). Fast Track Pro and Hercules RMX are both USB.

DJRyan0924 wrote :
I don't use timecodes, I just need something that is capable of splitting the two decks into 2 channels on my mixer. Thanks.

spinnaJ wrote :

Do I even need to point out what's wrong here? ;)

Inviato Wed 30 Sep 09 @ 8:08 am
gbeulPRO InfinityMember since 2007
stanton final scratch ebay used ca. 150€ inkl. timecode
best regards dj-agua

Inviato Thu 01 Oct 09 @ 4:13 am
@aural

Hehe... my reply is to furiousfletch;)

Inviato Thu 01 Oct 09 @ 8:20 am
spinnaJ wrote :
@aural

Hehe... my reply is to furiousfletch;)

Yeah...now that I see it, it's obvious you were responding to him. For the life of me I can't understand how was so blind that I didn't notice that :D

Sorry dude, my bad.

That being said, I don't quite understand why would you recommend Hercules MK2/RMX as a sound card...and I mean specificly sound card, not all-in-one device....especially if the plan is to do TCV/TCCD. If one already has a mixer and turntable, why get a device like MK2/RMX with redundant features instead of spending that money on a proper sound card?

Inviato Thu 01 Oct 09 @ 11:19 am
Hi aural, i was only suggesting to him to get an all in one for starter;)

Inviato Sat 03 Oct 09 @ 8:29 am
stanton final scratch is not compatible with the new Mac Intel Duo Core computers. Wish i wouldve seen dat before I bought a scratch amp Which im selling if anyones interested lol as for a sound card im still shopping around for one myself sorry i cant help with that

Inviato Mon 05 Oct 09 @ 12:10 am
Err...guys, I believe he said he was looking for a Firewire sound card (which is a good idea IMHO). Fast Track Pro and Hercules RMX are both USB.

DJRyan0924 wrote :
I don't use timecodes, I just need something that is capable of splitting the two decks into 2 channels on my mixer. Thanks.

Do I even need to point out what's wrong here? ;)

can someone help me out I checked out edirol fa 66 and fast track pro. How do u hook those up? kinda only kno how to set up a sound card with 2 in 2 out rca's

Inviato Mon 05 Oct 09 @ 9:49 pm

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)