Accesso rapido:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: VDJ on Bootcamp Questions....

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

I plan on making the switch to running VDJ through bootcamp in Windows Vista in order to stop all these crashes I keep having with VDJ and Mac. I just have a few questions: 1) Does firewire work with Bootcamp and Windows? 2) I have the Mac seagate External HD which has all of my music videos on it, will Windows be able to read this External HD? 3) Alot of my mp3's and all of my music videos have been renamed through VDJ in .xml file, will VDJ read these through VDJ on Windows. Thanks for all the help everyone, keep on Spinnin'

Inviato Sat 12 Sep 09 @ 8:51 pm
1) i know prior to Bootcamp 3.0 that cam with Snow Leopard it didnt. I havent tried to test it since the update, so it might work now.

2) Windows shouldnt have a problem reading the drive.

3) The database file for each track/video is stored on the source drive. For example if the video is stored on G: then the database info for that file will also be on G: - so again this shouldnt be a problem.

Inviato Sun 13 Sep 09 @ 7:09 am
Is there anyone out there using Bootcamp and a Firewire soundcard?

Inviato Sun 13 Sep 09 @ 6:31 pm
Also, I have been watching a few videos on youtube on how to install Windows by using bootcamp. When I create my partition how many gigs should I use for Windows. I have 227 gigs available at the moment.

Inviato Sun 13 Sep 09 @ 6:58 pm
i put mine to 50GB.

I use itunes and my library is approx. 6GB and all music is paid for legit stuff. So plenty of room for expanding etc.

So far i have 18GB free space which is ample for expansion.

One thing i cant stand is having to much music which is useless, i.e i see DJ's with 100's of albums etc but would only play 1 song (normally the same song) once in a blue moon.

My library is dedicated to playable songs which i feel i like and all songs are organised.

BUTTTT :) now Snow Leopard supports windows reading mac drive so in theory you can set you windows to lower GB and just read all you music from the mac partition.

I have Snow Leo, but i still copy all my music to the windows side for now as i use everything live but as soon as i feel 100% comfortable and there is no problems then i will switch.

Inviato Mon 14 Sep 09 @ 2:24 am
DJRyan0924 wrote :
Also, I have been watching a few videos on youtube on how to install Windows by using bootcamp. When I create my partition how many gigs should I use for Windows. I have 227 gigs available at the moment.

If you are using external harddrives then i see no need to have a big partition to run bootcamp. I just used the default which is 32GB. This is more than enought to have Windows and VDJ running with your music and videos on an external.

Inviato Mon 14 Sep 09 @ 2:59 am
My partition is split right down the middle. It's not so much an issue of where the file lives, just wan to have maximum space for each OS. One thing to note is if you are upgrading to version 6 of VDJ it won't read version 5 db files. Also while it will remember your BPM's it will not keep your cue points(at least this has been my experience).

Inviato Mon 14 Sep 09 @ 9:09 am

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)