Accesso rapido:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Pioneer CDJ-2000 & CDJ-900 are here - Page: 3

Questa parte dell'argomento è obsoleta e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate

Can't help but thinking that Pioneer missed few opportunities here...especially if one were to use CDJ-2000's as a laptop replacement.

One good example is the auto beat loop functionality. If I understood correctly, the unit can make a 4 auto beat loop and cut it to 2, 1, 1/2, 1/4 etc. Or alternatively, set loop in/out manually and the in/out will be directed to the nearest beat. So if the damn thing can do this, why the heck not give the user the option to set an auto beat loop and increase/decrease the auto beat loop size from 1/8 to 128 or whatever....in other words, just like in Virtual DJ :)

I wonder if the linking functionality also applies to the sound card...meaning that when two CDJ-2000's are connected to each other via RJ45-cable, you would only have to connect one USB-cable to laptop and the units would appear as one 4-channel soundcard instead of two 2-channel soundcards. Even if the latter doesn't apply, I bet especially Mac-owners would appreciate the former feature.

Also, since the units cost an arm and a leg it would have been cool if they included 4 channel soundcard per unit like Denon 5500's, so you could play with 4 decks with just 2 units. I don't think this would have raised the price much.

Inviato Fri 18 Sep 09 @ 3:07 am
AuralCandy.Net wrote :

I wonder if the linking functionality also applies to the sound card...meaning that when two CDJ-2000's are connected to each other via RJ45-cable, you would only have to connect one USB-cable to laptop and the units would appear as one 4-channel soundcard instead of two 2-channel soundcards. Even if the latter doesn't apply, I bet especially Mac-owners would appreciate the former feature.

Check out the FAQ below does not look like you can do sound via the CAT5 cables, plus a lot of other interesting questions answered....I think one of the biggest ball dropped is not allowing a USB keyboard to be plugged right into the unit....so simple but yet so needed with the size of libraries DJ's like to carry around these days, its all about library management and quickly you can access what song you want/need nowadays with so much music available.....but at the end of the day really nice players, if your opening a club and starting from scratch equipment wise I don't think there is any other logical choice, than the CDJ 2000's.

http://forums.pioneerdj.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/6781012904/m/513103013

Inviato Fri 18 Sep 09 @ 5:41 am
Well I am a little dissapointed here... I was hoping for a little more interms of functionality and over all control? Especially for them prices!!!

I think they look nice, like it was said before the ability to use a keyboard would have been nice. I really did not see a reason for VGA or HDMI out from the players themselves because like it was said also "People like to see the files on a larger screen"

IMO the 400 are just about the same as 2000 only diffrerence is besides the obvious bigger jog, bigger display and a few more "hot keys"

I guess I will just go buy a set of 400 now!! price should come down on them now right!! :)

Inviato Fri 18 Sep 09 @ 11:58 am
Pioneer is only interested in the main features and a little extra. That's why they are at the top of the mountain. It's all about the performance.

Inviato Fri 18 Sep 09 @ 1:38 pm
Caliente123 wrote :
They are not going to show you because its not native yet. The decks are new..... You have to wait patiently until the next update. It won't make any sense for DJ software not to be native to this very popular deck.

According to Pioneer Pro DJ Forums they are natively supported in VDJ as well as Serato and others...

http://forums.pioneerdj.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/6781012904/m/345105803/p/15

DJ RuDe

Inviato Fri 18 Sep 09 @ 1:54 pm
How would these natively support VDJ? As far as I see it that should be the other way around

Inviato Fri 18 Sep 09 @ 2:08 pm

VDJ 6.x version support ANY midi/hid controller...
A default mapper will come, and it can easily be mapped for personal custom use too.

Inviato Fri 18 Sep 09 @ 2:39 pm
jimmy b wrote :
dj-in-norway wrote :

"built in native support for Traktor, Scratch Live and VirtualDJ '"

I hear no mention of VirtualDJ I may be wrong though

Then you heard wrong for sure ;)

Pioneer is also using VirtualDJ in their official promo video for their new awesome DJM-5000 mixer

youtube f6EDGuxpGaY

I know they are using VDJ but look like he never mentions the software's name

Inviato Fri 18 Sep 09 @ 3:42 pm
@ Rude Dog. Im using serato 1.9.1 which is the latest update and its not native. I know The next update will have these deck native. Pioneer is misleady people by telling them to leave the audio interfaces at home. Serato only works with its own interface. I can gaurantee this.... This deck wont sell like expected unless its for less. Numark, Denon have already tried this and it didnt go well.

Inviato Fri 18 Sep 09 @ 4:09 pm
acw_djPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2005
syberman wrote :
With who Rude? I will be surprised if buying this hardware will stop the time codes from drifiting. Oh wait, it's not a controler. It will still drift :(

Syberman

You're so wrong... If CDJ-2000 acts like a midi controller Why you will use a CD Timecode on this?? you don't have to. As a Midi controller it act and be a way more responsive than using timecodes. You don't have any drift, and by the way... almost 99% of drifting problems is because a wrong SILENCE knob setup. Also have to check carefully that you got 100% quality in the beginning of the timecode at the midle and at the end of timecode. Many don't realize that with a wrong tunearm setup, you could loose 100% quality in any of this points.

Anyway this is off topic. That is in Topic is that CDJ-2000 is a MIDI controller and don't need timecode use, it can work with it, but don't need to do it this way, midi it's better.

;-)

Inviato Fri 18 Sep 09 @ 10:07 pm

Inviato Sat 19 Sep 09 @ 3:59 am
acw_dj wrote :
That is in Topic is that CDJ-2000 is a MIDI controller and don't need timecode use, it can work with it, but don't need to do it this way, midi it's better.

And to be precise, the CDJ-2000 supports not only MIDI, but HID as well which (apprently) offers even better accuracy than MIDI in addition of being able to do bi-directional communication with the device (controlling lights, showing text on the screen etc.).

Inviato Sat 19 Sep 09 @ 4:00 am
Man-TkPRO InfinityMember since 2004
[quote=dydy1]The main features they highlighted through the promo videos are as follow:

1 Quantize looping which I think Is a great feature for looping on the fly

3 Needle dropping which Is a nice thing (they copy these feature from Ns7 by numark )
You can do all these things with any Denon Midi controller (like 3700 for ex.)
Nothing new with Pioneer .It's the same ....but better .

Inviato Sat 19 Sep 09 @ 9:09 am
cstollPRO InfinityMember since 2004
djcrossfade wrote :
its funny that mixvibes made them the rekordbox http://mixvibes.com/blog/?p=435〈=en

and i hear no support for cross

You didn't read the article then ....

"A major update of CROSS is planned this year and will include native support with the Pioneer CDJ-2000 and CDJ-900 for plug and play compatibility as well as many exclusive new features."

Inviato Sat 19 Sep 09 @ 9:45 am
jimmy bPRO InfinityMember since 2007

It certainly looks like Mixvibes is developing Cross quite nicely indeed. I'm glad I brought it ;)

Anyway back on topic

jimmy b wrote :

Has anybody any ideas on the price of the Unit. CDJ1000 mk3's still sell for about £750 here in the UK.

I've read somewhere ( I can't find the link now) that the CDJ 2000's will be around the £3000 mark for a pair here in the UK. I better start saving, lol

Inviato Sat 19 Sep 09 @ 9:58 am

Inviato Sat 19 Sep 09 @ 11:57 am
jimmy bPRO InfinityMember since 2007

lmfao!!!!!

that was the bloody link,

Inviato Sat 19 Sep 09 @ 12:05 pm
nothing revolutinioary about these products...

Lets see...loop cutting...didnt numark do this YEARS ago?
strip search..ns7
playing of SD cards..american dj, technics
playing off of DVD's...ICDX

3 cue points..yay..already been done

no effects
no dual looping
no sampler

linking 4 decks, thats cool, maybe they could of done is via bluethooth. who wants 4 MORE wires lugging around?
actually wait even more as it needs RCA cables too.

i personally think these are for fan boys
pionner is like apple, and serato. they just have a following as they were first but not the best.

anyway...go waste your money.

Inviato Sat 19 Sep 09 @ 10:38 pm
Caliente123 wrote :
@ Rude Dog. Im using serato 1.9.1 which is the latest update and its not native. I know The next update will have these deck native. Pioneer is misleady people by telling them to leave the audio interfaces at home. Serato only works with its own interface. I can gaurantee this.... This deck wont sell like expected unless its for less. Numark, Denon have already tried this and it didnt go well.

This point was brought up by Pulse and Pioneer Karl on the Pioneer ProDJ forums. Someone else misconceived the idea that a Serato box would not be needed, not Pioneer. It has been iterated in fact that the Serato box is needed because it acts as a software dongle. What the players are native in is the ability to work with the software. In no way will they circumvent the software dongle aspect of Serato.

DJ RuDe

Inviato Sun 20 Sep 09 @ 3:59 am
djfluke1 wrote :
linking 4 decks, thats cool, maybe they could of done is via bluethooth. who wants 4 MORE wires lugging around?
actually wait even more as it needs RCA cables too.

Bluetooth would not do the job. Both data transfer bandwith nor latency aren't anywhere near the level required.

Inviato Sun 20 Sep 09 @ 4:39 am
71%