Accesso rapido:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: what does this mean?

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

Thanks for all replies.

Inviato Tue 22 Sep 09 @ 9:26 pm
I'm not really sure, I have never had this message appear. Anyone!?

Inviato Wed 23 Sep 09 @ 4:03 pm
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
Usually means that VDJ doesn't like the video file for some reason (format, codec, corruption etc). I usually just re-encode it when this happens.

Inviato Wed 23 Sep 09 @ 4:50 pm
djcelPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
or the file doesn't exist anymore

Inviato Wed 23 Sep 09 @ 5:46 pm
the file exists. i can play it in windows media player fine on my laptop

if i play it on my desktop using dj 6.0.2 it works fine
only if i use my laptop running cue 6.0.2 it dosent work
there are a few videos that do this, that work fine in vdj 6.0.2

i really need this solved...
how do u re encode files?

Inviato Wed 23 Sep 09 @ 7:31 pm
i even submitted a ticket 5 days ago to the team as thats what were instructed to do and even that gets ignored.

good customer service..

Inviato Wed 23 Sep 09 @ 7:34 pm
Put your laptop and desktop side by side and go to config, and compare the codec's tab. Do all the same codecs exist in the list? If you are missing something on your laptop, then I would try to find a solution to get it installed. Could be a stretch I know, but a missing codec comes to mind when seeing that. When I have seen it in the past, it was the result of having a "&" somewhere in the file path (ie folder or filename.)

Even if the codecs are there, it could be the VDJ/Cue Codec on your laptop has been corrupted? Unlikely if it is only this file and not all the files of this format... Uninstall Cue/VDJ on your laptop, rename your \documents\cue or \documents\virtual dj to cue_old or Virtual DJ_Old... and then reinstall VDJ/Cue on your laptop. This will create a fresh version of the documents\cue or \documents\virutal dj directory. Before you do anything, try to play the file. Either way, you will want to selectively bring your mappers, plugins, and database over from the Cue_Old or Virtual DJ_Old to the newly installed directory.

If that does not work, when you say you play the file on the desktop... it is a recent copy or a backup dated days/weeks/months before the issue was noticed? If it is not a recent file, I would make sure you copy it over from your laptop and retest. If it does not work, then just pull your copy off your desktop and replace the laptop file.

Sorry if some of those are been there done that for you, but never know how sometimes the simplests of suggestions can resolve a problem.

Inviato Wed 23 Sep 09 @ 11:40 pm
Thanks Chad.

Ill try reinstalling i guess. The codecs are the same. if i reinstall, will i lose all my play lists? i know the actual list will remain, but will it still be valid or will it give me an error when trying to load the songs in the play list after i reinstall?

This file (and the others) are on my external hard drive that has all my videos. Originally i tought it was my hard drive, until i tried it in VDJ 6.0.2 and worked. I even copied this video and 2 others locally on my laptop to not use the external drive, and it still dsoent work. But all work fine in media player on the laptop/desktop and in VDJ 6.0.2 on the desktop

Inviato Thu 24 Sep 09 @ 7:31 am
If you rename you cue or vdj documents folder as I say, you will see the playlists will be there for you to copy to the new installation folder. If the playlist from Cue/VdJ isn't standalone then its saved in the db, which will also be in your old folder.

Inviato Thu 24 Sep 09 @ 8:03 am
tried reinstalling cue on the laptop and still cannot play the file but it works fine in media player

Inviato Sun 27 Sep 09 @ 9:45 am

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)