Accesso rapido:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: BUG: VDJ Navigation Panel 'broken' after close/crash

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

DJAuzPRO InfinityMember since 2008
Hi folks,

Well this one certainly is the biggest current problem for me, I can confirm this happens on three different computers, all running VDJ 6.0.2.

If VDJ crashes, either by the automix or itunes bug (see other threads), or infact SOMETIMES just after closing VDJ and reopening (although quite rarely). When you reopen VDJ, the navigation panel at the bottom is 'dead'.

All my filterfolders/virtual folders/playlists etc are gone, and in fact when you browse for files using the computer browser, it will not spawn the list of MP3 in the results pane, it will just be blank.

Also when you click on the 'radio button' next to the search field (where you can select/deselect 'show covers', 'show music', 'show video', 'show karaoke' only 'show covers' is available on the list.

It's almost if after the crash/close, VDJ doesn't drop the database or something.

A REBOOT always fixes the issue, but yeah on a Vista laptop a reboot can take a few minutes, not very preferred.

This has happened at least a dozen times on three different computers, two running Vista + one running XP.

You can still use the decks as normal by drag+drop from another window, but the navigation panel is just screwed completely.

Also I can confirm the process virtualdj.exe is NOT running in any state when I reopen VDJ and experience this bug.

I really hope this bug is addressed in the next released, as it's caused me great pain.

I have also noticed other people mention this bug, so it would appear to not just be me!

Database file locking?

Thanks,
DJ Auz =Þ

Inviato Wed 23 Sep 09 @ 9:33 pm
Next time check and see how many instances of vdj u have running.. I have seen this if i click more than twice on the vdj icon and have found 2 instances of vdj running.

Inviato Wed 23 Sep 09 @ 10:14 pm
DJAuzPRO InfinityMember since 2008
I will check again but I'm 99% sure only one instance is running.

Thanks so much for the feedback.

Inviato Thu 24 Sep 09 @ 12:19 am
jaakkoPRO InfinityMember since 2006
Open windows task manager and check that the old virtualdj.exe process is not still running there.

Inviato Thu 24 Sep 09 @ 4:27 am

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)