Accesso rapido:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: using VCD Karaoke cds on VDJ v6???

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

I have recently bought some VCD karaoke cd's and i would like to use them through virtual dj. this however does not seem possible and i have no idea how to convert them or even what file they need to be converted to. please help

Inviato Sun 27 Sep 09 @ 3:04 am
DJmgaPRO InfinityMember since 2009
Use a tool like Audiograbber to rip your tracks from your cd's. It supports ripping karaoke disks, so you'll end up with 2 files extracted for each track: trackname.MP3 and trackname.CDG. (The CDG file contains the graphics needed to display the song words!).

Keep both files together in whatever folder you're using, point VDJ at 'em and away you go...

Inviato Sun 27 Sep 09 @ 6:49 am
VCD is a VIDEO format and NOT a karaoke format. You must be using Asian discs. All Asian karaoke is in video formatting. My Asian music suppliers call CDG "WHITE MAN" karaoke. LOL ....to Asians, CDG is a very old technology and they can't understand why we use it in North America. DVD karaoke looks AMAAAAZZZZINNNNGG! but sucks for storeage. Files are huge. It will be too for your VCD discs.

All you can do is rip the disc with a program like VJripper (read about it first) and hope your songs are indexed.
If your songs are not indexed then you will get one long 80 minute video file with 100 songs playing back to back.

Contrary to belief, you can not play video's that long in VDJ. VDJ is a video clip player and not a MEDIA player.

Inviato Mon 16 Nov 09 @ 7:45 am

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)