Accesso rapido:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Edirol Fa-66 Setup Question...

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

I just picked up the Edirol FA-66 today and am having trouble setting it up. I can only get 1 deck to play through my mixer. How does everyone else have theirs setup?

Inviato Mon 26 Oct 09 @ 6:37 pm
I got it working now but still have a few questions. What performance setting does everyone use and what about the sample rate?

Inviato Mon 26 Oct 09 @ 8:49 pm
I'm using 256/5ms on Virtual DJ and 16bit/44.1 Khz sample rate.

If you're just playing MP3s, higher sample rates are useless because your MP3s are still encoded with 44.1 sample rate.

Also, make sure the sample rate switch on the FA-66's back panel is set to same sample rate that you have in the sound device settings of Mac OS X.

Inviato Tue 27 Oct 09 @ 9:40 am
I play mostly mp3's and some mp4's. should i still leave it on 44.1?

Inviato Tue 27 Oct 09 @ 4:05 pm
Thanks AuralCandy.net for recommending the Edirol, VDJ seems completely different on my MBP with the Edirol. No lagging, excellent sound and seems pretty stable so far. The true test will be my Halloween Gig. Thanks Again!

PS- To all MBP users, I'm not trying to knock numark as I've owned several of their products over the past few years but stay away from the DJ Io when using a Mac. I was always losing connection to the soundcard and the music would constantly just stop.

Inviato Tue 27 Oct 09 @ 10:03 pm
You're welcome, my man :)

Nice to hear it's working fine for you also. I've been very happy with Edirol myself.

I have no experience with DJ I/O, but the reason I always recommend Firewire - and CoreAudio compatible, to be presice - sound cards to Mac users is because they don't need any drivers. It doesn't matter how good the hardware is, if the drivers suck. Many vendors seem to lack skilled Mac-programmers, so their drivers are unstable and buggy.

Inviato Wed 28 Oct 09 @ 10:18 am

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)