Accesso rapido:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: First gig with Windows 7 last night................

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

.............went flawless :-)

Inviato Sat 31 Oct 09 @ 12:23 pm
mp3jrickPRO InfinityHonorary MemberMember since 2003
Thanks for the encouragement, we have lots of guys asking about this, (but not Renee)

Inviato Sat 31 Oct 09 @ 12:30 pm
jimmy bPRO InfinityMember since 2007

Cool, thanks Les.

Hopefully I'll be installing Windows 7 on my gig laptop on Monday. (it's running on my home PC perfect) If it all goes well I'll be using windows 7 next weekend :)

Inviato Sat 31 Oct 09 @ 1:24 pm
I have just put it on my Desktop pc VDJ works fine apart from if i use the remote to turn up the sound on the Stereo it crashes but if i do it manually no problem strange!

Inviato Sat 31 Oct 09 @ 2:39 pm
Experimenting with the DPC Latency checker, these were the results with my laptop on Windows 7. All these green bars are HALF the height compared to Vista. The wireless network & ACPI used to cause regular yellow bars in Vista;

With everything switched on, nothing disabled. The wireless network causes a spike every ten seconds, but there are random peaks & yellows from the ACPI

With only the ACPI-Complient Control Battery Method disabled. Peaks are every ten seconds from the Wireless network, means I dont really need to disable the Wireless network.

With only the Wireless & ACPI disabled.

From these results I only need to disable the ACPI and nothing else :-)

P.S. HP G70 laptop bought in February this year, Dual Core P7450 2.13 GHz processor, 3gigs RAM, 320gb hd, nVidia GeForce 9200M GE graphics card.

Hope this helps people considering taking the plunge. This was NOT a fresh install, but, the upgrade from Vista 32 bit to W7 32 bit

Inviato Sun 01 Nov 09 @ 12:37 am

I decided to install Windows 7 (Upgrade from Vista) on my gig laptop this morning, couldn't wait any longer, lol

Had a "PCI Memory fail" message on first proper restart after the install. Found out it was some Intel Flash cache Logic chip driver fault. Went on the Intel support site and downloaded the Windows 7 driver for the device and installed it. Restarted and the error message did not reappear, sorted I think.

Running VirtualDJ with NO devices disabled, the DPC latency result is

Running VirtualDJ with only the Intel Wireless WiFi Link 4965AGN and the integrated webcam disabled and that's all. The DPC latency result is this

Can't argue with that!!!!

Using a Acer 5920G laptop, Intel Core 2 Duo T7300 2GHZ, 3gig Ram, NVIDIA GeForce 8600M GT 256mb graphics card

I'm very satisfied with the results with VirtualDJ and Windows 7, In fact I'm loving it!!!!

Inviato Sun 01 Nov 09 @ 7:20 am
Excellent Jimmy, I'm very pleased with my results too. Don't need to turn off my camera or anything else, just the ACPI.

Used to get tons of yellows on Vista with the wireless turned on, also the greens were right at the top of the green area, only get greens now at half the height. :-)

Was at my sisters on Friday and her and hubby (not really into computers) have just bought a new HP 23" Multi-Touchscreen with W7 last week. Was fancying one of these when I bought my laptop in Feb but thought I'd wait til the Windows Multi-touch was available. now I'm GREEN!!!!.

Gonna have to sweetheart my sis to try VDJ out on it. :-)

Inviato Sun 01 Nov 09 @ 8:36 am
Hey I have a question. Do you think the latency is good with a purchased version of VDJ and windows 7?

You think I can crab scratch, and flare scratch and move the platter often if I hooked up Technics 1200 turntables?

Thanks!!

Inviato Sun 01 Nov 09 @ 7:53 pm
I'm still running Vista 64-bit on my the DJ rig I built myself, with 2 Technics SL1200MK2's...all is working great, after updating to VDJ version 6.0.2....and I think I solved a timecode issue. Latency is not an issue for me however my setup uses a desktop PC instead of a laptop. Windows 7 has been dubbed "Vista Service Pack 3", but I believe it is its own beast capable of more. Windows 7 is also said to be somewhat more forgiving if you have older hardware and will adjust itself accordingly, but I haven't tested that yet.

Inviato Mon 02 Nov 09 @ 2:11 am
Makashino wrote :
Hey I have a question. Do you think the latency is good with a purchased version of VDJ and windows 7?

You think I can crab scratch, and flare scratch and move the platter often if I hooked up Technics 1200 turntables?

Thanks!!

The latency should be good but will depend on the hardware i.e. computer and components. Mine and Jimmys results above are slightly different but tons better than Vista anyway.

As far as scratching is concerned, haven't got a clue, the only scratching I do is........... oh, never mind lol

Inviato Mon 02 Nov 09 @ 4:14 am
xfosxPRO InfinityMember since 2009
I got to test out VDJ this past weekend and it worked solidly for over 5 hrs! Between my friend & I switching back & forth it had no problem keeping up.

Inviato Wed 04 Nov 09 @ 12:00 am

I just installed windows 7, i installed the drivers for the console and VDJ. but when i turn the VDJ on it says it can't detect the console. also, the guillemot webupdater doesn't function, what to do?
thanks

Inviato Wed 04 Nov 09 @ 8:54 pm
alladarwish wrote :

I just installed windows 7, i installed the drivers for the console and VDJ. but when i turn the VDJ on it says it can't detect the console. also, the guillemot webupdater doesn't function, what to do?
thanks

Download the latest drivers from 12th November....and also buy the full version. I upgraded for £96 for VDJ6 as i have a new laptop and didnt want to load on the LE software which was designed over a year ago and not for windows 7. Works like a dream so far although had to work out how to reduce the latency...which seems to be ok...ish for now!

Inviato Sun 22 Nov 09 @ 6:32 pm
DJSoulman wrote :
Experimenting with the DPC Latency checker, these were the results with my laptop on Windows 7. All these green bars are HALF the height compared to Vista. The wireless network & ACPI used to cause regular yellow bars in Vista;

With everything switched on, nothing disabled. The wireless network causes a spike every ten seconds, but there are random peaks & yellows from the ACPI

With only the ACPI-Complient Control Battery Method disabled. Peaks are every ten seconds from the Wireless network, means I dont really need to disable the Wireless network.

With only the Wireless & ACPI disabled.

From these results I only need to disable the ACPI and nothing else :-)

P.S. HP G70 laptop bought in February this year, Dual Core P7450 2.13 GHz processor, 3gigs RAM, 320gb hd, nVidia GeForce 9200M GE graphics card.

Hope this helps people considering taking the plunge. This was NOT a fresh install, but, the upgrade from Vista 32 bit to W7 32 bit

What does disabling ACPI do??

Inviato Tue 24 Nov 09 @ 2:13 pm
chris.gonzalez wrote :

What does disabling ACPI do??

AFAIK on laptops it is a Windows system for checking & reporting how much charge there is left in the battery. It has been well known for several years that it is a major cause of sound dropouts. Should be working off mains power when DJing anyway, so, its not needed.

Inviato Tue 24 Nov 09 @ 7:38 pm
windows 7 is the best os ive seen so far and with cue 6 dayum that shit works flawless..

Inviato Wed 25 Nov 09 @ 1:51 am
DJ TT2PRO InfinityMember since 2009
elchangochief wrote :
windows 7 is the best os ive seen so far and with cue 6 dayum that shit works flawless..

So are you guys saying you are running Windows 7 with VDJ 6.0.3 and everything is perfecto or are you running VDJ 5.2?

Inviato Wed 25 Nov 09 @ 9:25 am

It works for me (Windows 7 + VirtualDJ 6.03) Done 6 gig's now and countless hours at home with no hi-cups or problems

Inviato Wed 25 Nov 09 @ 10:56 am
jimmy b wrote :

It works for me (Windows 7 + VirtualDJ 6.03) Done 6 gig's now and countless hours at home with no hi-cups or problems

Had my 1st gig tonight with win7 and 6.0.3 - no problems at all.

One question though -

This is NOT a problem but I am curious as to why it is happening -
If a song is playing on player A and you load a song into player B - why does the video pause? the music plays fine but the video seems to pause slightly for a second, is this a setting?

Inviato Sat 28 Nov 09 @ 5:06 pm
I hope someone can help me with this video pause I am asking about above.

Inviato Sun 29 Nov 09 @ 7:44 pm

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)