Accesso rapido:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: New DJ Equipment

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

Hey guys. I've been using Virtual DJ for a VERY short while, 2 or 3 weeks. I'm going to keep practicing on the computer before I decide to buy any equipment. But when the day comes to actually start looking for hardware, what do you pro's think is the best/cheapest set up for a beginner.

Also I would like to know all the different things you need for a hardware set up. I see so many people with 2 turn tables, and some with 1 turn table. Everyone seems to have so many different things, and I just don't understand which pieces are really a requirement when it comes to putting on a good show for folks.

I'd really appreciate the help guys. Thanks a lot.

wOOdeN chaIr

Inviato Mon 02 Nov 09 @ 9:06 pm
DazmaxPRO InfinityMember since 2007
Hi mate.
he hardware section on this site will give you som ideas. Vdj is as i'm shure you have worked out a very flexible software platform so the hardware you choose will be governed by what you want to do with it. Many starting out will choose an all in one console like the RMX. These consoles have everything you need to gaet started, ia mixer/controller and soundcard all in one neat unit. Many of them come with an LE version of VDJ to get you going.

If you have some idea of what style of DJing you are most interested in then post as much information on this as you can. This will help the other DJ's here to recomend what they feel is good for that style of DJing and music.

Good luck

Daz

Inviato Mon 02 Nov 09 @ 9:47 pm
Before you decide on anything.. Its a good idea to go to your local DJ to see what " Feels good for you " When it comes to Dj iing, its all about the feel. Someone may recomend something for you but it may not have the feel you are looking for. This is why many have different opinions. Djs like turntables, Others like Using CDJ's and others like Midi Controllers.

If ther isnt a dj store near by you.. What kind of music do mostly want to play ?

Inviato Mon 02 Nov 09 @ 11:30 pm
Okay first off, thanks a lot guys for the input.

As far as the equipment section, I looked at all that and really dont understand what is vital. To be completely honest I dont even know what any of it really does. Aside from the turn tables haha.

What is the difference between turntables, cdj's, and midi controllers?

The kind of music I really want to play is techno/hiphop/rap, more of a party scene kind of thing. I'm just learning the basics of merging songs smoothly, but eventually I'd like to throw in some of my own FX and do some other stuff to spice it up. I want to have fun while doing this, instead of just being another one of the DJ's you see who just merge songs and thats it. I favor techno more, but hey I just wanna play what most party goers want to hear.

Inviato Tue 03 Nov 09 @ 6:46 am
Hi mate.

Sounds like your itchin to do some beatmatching and add in those funky FX.

Caliente is totaly correct. When your spending your hard erned its well worth poping in to your local supplier and seeing the stuff in the flesh. If they can set something up as a demo for you to mess with thats even better. And as he sais take the advice/recomendations as a place to start looking not the ultimate guide to whats best for you specificly.

As A guide.

For a good basic setup you will need: Computer (PC or laptop as you prefer). All in one console (like the RMX ). Headphones (Closed back type that cover your ears are usualy the best). Microphone with cable. USB cable (to connect youre console to the computer). Cable to connect the audio output from the console to your amplifier. Amplifier. Pair of speakers. Copy of VDJ software (many consoles come with a basic version of the software to get you started). A little time, perhaps the odd question on this forum to get is all hooked up and voila you have your first rig.

Good luck

Daz

Inviato Tue 03 Nov 09 @ 10:54 am
Thanks a lot Daz!

So what I want to do is called beatmatching?

Is this a hard thing to start off on? What are some fun and easy styles to learn on until I have the ability to shred?

Inviato Tue 03 Nov 09 @ 8:06 pm
Hi mate.

Beatmatching is a method of syncronising two pieces of music together so that both ther beat and tempo match before blending one into the other. VDJ has some cool functions to help you do this but ultimately it comes down to practice and training your ears. Check out the DJ lessons section of this forum to get some ideas.

Daz

Inviato Tue 03 Nov 09 @ 10:28 pm

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)