Accesso rapido:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Installing two mac versions side by side

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

As it seems version 5.2.1 is more stable than 6.0.2, can somebody please explain how to install the two versions side by side? When I install 5.2.1 i lost the install of 6.0.2 (and vice versa). I would like to be able to run both versions (to compare 5.2.1 for stability and use 6.0.2 for net search).

is this possible?

thanks

Inviato Tue 03 Nov 09 @ 2:58 pm
ummm either one will use the exact same files in your library folder:

Library/Receipts/virtualdj.pkg

and a playlist file

search appzapper and drag n app to it. but dont zap it (it'll uninstall every program flawlessly).
just to see what's associated w/ that program. so i'm guessing your outta luck. to run say them
side by side (not physically both open though).

but give this a try bud.

1 use app zapper and drag n drop the virtual dj
2 zap
3 reinstall the older version
4 reinstall the new version overwrite it.
5 make a new folder (to put v6 in) or drag the virtual dj v6 to another spot out of the applications folder
6 install the older v5 in the apps folder
7 see if 6 works wherever u had just put it
8 good luck Iceman

i have not tried this but it might or might not work
i know i had to have one or the other to play around w/ it.

the thing w/ me is v5 doesn't recognize my Rane Scratch Live v2 records or my Hercules Trim 4&6 soundcard. but v5 stays open longer yes it is more stable like u said. about 5mins in w/ v6 n my setup it closes. but only when i try n use my soundcard. i got it to work w/ the new years edition on win xp fine though w/ this stuff.

Inviato Mon 04 Jan 10 @ 3:39 pm

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)