Accesso rapido:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: BASIC QUESTIONS ABOUT DJ-ING - Page: 2

Questa parte dell'argomento è obsoleta e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate

Please try the latest v6.0.3 trial http://www.virtualdj.com/download/trial.html - There have been a lot of improvements to the software since v5.

Also, if you have a hardware console, please ensure that it's drivers and firmware are updated to the latest version: http://www.virtualdj.com/wiki/Common_Device_Drivers.html

If you have a DJ Console Edition, Limited Edition or Home Edition of the software, you can upgrade to v6.0.3 Pro at a discount: http://www.virtualdj.com/buy/index.html

NOTE: If you are using an illegal version of the software then that will be why you are experiencing problems. If this is the case, please support the software and its development by purchasing it: http://www.virtualdj.com/buy/index.html - Also, check your computer for viruses and spyware which often accompany illegal software.

Inviato Wed 18 Nov 09 @ 12:25 pm
vagifHome userMember since 2009
Hey guys.. Im a starting dj and just wondering how to get my name out their and get booked for shows???

Inviato Wed 18 Nov 09 @ 4:53 pm
OK,enough with problems! :D
Let's talk about equipment. Here's the situation: I want to buy some controler(table-top,all-in-one...doesn't matter),and i'm beginnerPROGRESSIVE/TRANCE DJ. On which type of functions,specifications,buttons... i must pay my attention? Or- any average mp3/CDplayer/mixer/headphones are good enough for me?

Inviato Sat 21 Nov 09 @ 3:58 pm
Now,where is that dj from norway? :)

Inviato Sun 22 Nov 09 @ 5:10 pm
right here ;)

A progressive/trance dj has no need for scratching..
So basically any table top cd/controller will do fine..

But as with other things, brand name and price counts.. The more you pay,the better.. and the better brand the better..

Whats better on a more expensive CDplayer/controller, than a cheap one, is for example pitchslider sensitivity, jogwheel sensitivity and build etc.

Those CDJ400 you mentioned earlier is an excellent choice for your use.
GREAT brand name, good price, and a all you'd expect from a CD deck.. + midi/hid control to directly work with DJ software

;)

Inviato Sun 22 Nov 09 @ 5:36 pm
...helping as always :)

Next Q: Can someone give some basic description for mixer?-what are the channels,is 3 channel mixer better than 5 channel,what is analog-digital input/output,which one is better,etc...Get it?

Inviato Sun 22 Nov 09 @ 5:53 pm
Go into Config and unchecked overclock...... : )

Inviato Sun 22 Nov 09 @ 10:14 pm
not helping :(
the crackling continues...

Inviato Mon 23 Nov 09 @ 6:09 am

1) Try use AUTO at the drop down at peformance tab, setting for latency
2) Try overclock on/off..

If all fails, your pc needs Safe Mode on...

When safe mode is on, no crackles ;)

Inviato Mon 23 Nov 09 @ 7:15 am
as i can see,my pc needs light technical touch with a brick ! Stupid machine...

What about mixers?Look the post above

Inviato Mon 23 Nov 09 @ 5:04 pm
I wanna build my mix by bpm.To start with,for example, 126bpm and finish with 140. In order to do that i must ,after mixing songs,,slowly(but in short time) increase the pitch. I would like to know,can this increasing of the pitch go unnoticed in the ears of the audience? I mean is this the right way of mixing(increasing bpm through the mix)?

Inviato Sun 29 Nov 09 @ 11:36 am
There is no wrong or right way to do this IMO. U should go about tryn various FX such as a loop out, echo out, echo loop and more. This is the part of the game that cant be taught. You will most likely develope ur own Style that you will be comfortable with. This will make you stand out. Practice! Practice! Practice!

Inviato Sun 29 Nov 09 @ 11:57 am
Ok,here we go again.I'm mixing next song,and i slowly increase the pitch in order to reach the original bpm of that song. If i do that in short time, carefuly and slowly,what do you think,will the audience notice "acceleration"?

Inviato Mon 30 Nov 09 @ 6:10 am
haloperidol wrote :
Ok,here we go again.I'm mixing next song,and i slowly increase the pitch in order to reach the original bpm of that song. If i do that in short time, carefuly and slowly,what do you think,will the audience notice "acceleration"?

Depending on what skin you are using you should find a button you can press to reset the pitch. A quick "double click" will reset immediately whereas a "single click" will start move the fader more gradually back to 0%.

While this will make things easier it also depends on how big the jump is. For example a few BPM's won't notice too much, however greater than that and you could have everyone tripping over themslevs on the dancefloor..

To be honest, unless you need to (e.g. for the next mix) don't bother. But if you do, there's often a happy medium between the next tracks BPM and the current track. You don't have to come back to 0% to complete the mix. Start the mix with the next track at a slower BPM and then increase BPM as above.

I often will increase the BPM over the length of the track - less obvious to the audience, and you only really need to be at the desired BPM prior to the next mix starting. You can also use instrumentals, breaks or parts of a track with no beat as [perfect times to adjust the BPM.

There are plenty of options, you just need to use "what fits" at the time.

Roy

Inviato Mon 30 Nov 09 @ 12:09 pm
Very helpful,Thnx !

I work with VDJ for a couple of months,and i plan to buy some "more real" equipment. Is it clever that i start with a mixer? I mean,thats the most impotant part. VDJ will imitate CD players until i collect money to buy them.
In other words,can i be a DJ with VDJ and mixer?

Inviato Tue 01 Dec 09 @ 4:40 am
haloperidol wrote :
Very helpful,Thnx !

I work with VDJ for a couple of months,and i plan to buy some "more real" equipment. Is it clever that i start with a mixer? I mean,thats the most impotant part. VDJ will imitate CD players until i collect money to buy them.
In other words,can i be a DJ with VDJ and mixer?

It all depends whta you want to do. If you don't scratch, just beat blend and mix, then my advice to you would be to buy a controller like the RMX.

The other advantage of this is that it cmes with a licensed version of VDJ which you can register here, plus its tailored for the console. Then, if you wish, you can upgrade to the Pro version for a discount.

I'm not sure what other hardware comes with VDJ LE, but its worth checking out the hardware section and then once you see something you like, come back and ask more questions becuase there are bound to be DJ's here using the kit you are interested in.

Budget is also an issue. A mixer and 2 CD players like the CDJ-400's or the Denon DN-3700's are way more expensive than an all-in-one controller.

Hope this helps,

Roy

Inviato Tue 01 Dec 09 @ 8:13 am
Ok,but can you be a dj with VDJ and for example pioneer djm400 mixer? Is it a good combiantion? without cd players

Inviato Wed 02 Dec 09 @ 9:35 am
spinnaJPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Yes you can;)

Now VDJ Basic is out too and if you want to mix with a keyboard, mouse and external mixer(non midi), it could do that.

But it be better to use VDJ Pro if you want to use djm400 and with cd decks later;)

Regards;)

Inviato Wed 02 Dec 09 @ 9:48 am
thnx
is there some parameter in headphones specifications that refers to the sound isolation ability?

Inviato Fri 18 Dec 09 @ 6:52 am
i have a problem,but i dont know is it a problem at all :)
Ive bought headphones,and now i have that simple,basic configuration with laptop(internal simple soundcard),2.1stereo speakers and headphones :)
the 'problem' is with headphone and mix/cue bars. whatever i hit,i hear the same change(sound) in my speakers and in my headphones. I think that is naturaly that i hear song from the other deck in headphones,so i can adjust pitch etc... I cant explain good enough(bad english) but i think you get the picture

Inviato Sat 26 Dec 09 @ 1:36 pm
95%