Accesso rapido:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: NI Audio 8 DJ Recording

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

Fellow Djs,

Who has the Audio 8 Dj sound card working with Virtual Dj? If so, how is your sound recording coming from your mixer sound? I'm able to record my sets using the VDJ Master line in option but my audio is sounding very bassy and hollow. I've played with both the mixer settings (Audio out Recording Outputs from the mixer into the audio in on the card) and testing the settings on the lappy but I'm getting the same results.

Recording VDJ sets with just the interal PC sound card sounds perfect, but when I switch over to the external mixer option to record my sets using my CD decks, the sound is not as good. Sound is either clipping or the bass is too loud.

I'm figuring its probably a wrong setting but I would like to get some feedback or assistance from someone who has recorded their sets using the Audio 8 Dj card and external mixer, and is happy with the results etc... Hit me back channel or post here. Thanks for the help.

VDJ Mister P-Body

Inviato Sun 15 Nov 09 @ 9:49 pm
anyone?

Inviato Wed 18 Nov 09 @ 7:58 am
djranesPRO InfinityMember since 2007
During recording, please monitor the LEDs of your Audio8, e.g 1/2 and so on.
If RED that means your INput magnitude is too much making the resulting sound distorted/clipping. In this case reduce the input volume until you get the green color LED without any spikes of red.
Since you are using an external mixer record out, the record out level doesn't have any effect with the mixers master volume, so forget about the master level.
You can only adjust the record out level through each channel input trim or the channel slide itself.

Hope i got what you mean.

Inviato Wed 18 Nov 09 @ 9:02 am
djranes wrote :
During recording, please monitor the LEDs of your Audio8, e.g 1/2 and so on.
If RED that means your INput magnitude is too much making the resulting sound distorted/clipping. In this case reduce the input volume until you get the green color LED without any spikes of red.
Since you are using an external mixer record out, the record out level doesn't have any effect with the mixers master volume, so forget about the master level.
You can only adjust the record out level through each channel input trim or the channel slide itself.

Hope i got what you mean.

Yes, Rane I am getting red on the input magnitude on 1/1; the problem is where to lower the volume? On the mixer or the lappy? You say the lappy but in Vista, under sounds, under the Audio 8 Channel 8 1/2 recording volume, lowering it just lowers the clipping, etc... It still sounds bassy... I'm also getting issues trying to get Audacity to record instead of VDJ to test if its the Audio 8 card. Any suggestions or a step by step on how you have your card setup with CD decks. I'm using Denon S1200's, Audio Innovate Mixer, and a PC running Vista...

Would be nice if perhaps we had a Wiki on using VDJ with Audio 8 card or with VDJ/Audio 8/CD midi combination...

Thanks,
P-Body

Inviato Mon 23 Nov 09 @ 7:47 pm
Dj Rane,

Thanks!

Fixed it! Switched to CD Line In instead of Phone, then lowered the audio levels on the input and outputs through the pc.

Recording hogs up memory but I was able to record clear with no clipping or bass sound. I just need to work now on solving the audio drops i get once in a while...

Cuidate!
Mister P-Body

Inviato Thu 26 Nov 09 @ 3:39 pm

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)