Accesso rapido:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: "Stream unavailable" with non-video NetSearch

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

Hi,

I got VirtualDJ 6 to use with my Hercules RMX for chirstmas.

After doing tests with 40 different tracks in NetSearch, I've come to realise that all the music tracks (e.g. the non-video which are from youtube i think) don't work. When i try load them to play, i get "Error - Stream unavailable"

Is anyone else having this issue?

I'm using the latest version of VDJ (6.0.5 Pro (b207)) with the Hercules RMX - I'm connecting to the internet over a wired network through a router.

Any suggestions?

Thanks in advanced.

Dom.

Edit:

Further research leads me to projectplaylist.com is where the music files are requested from. when i try and access a music file through the website, it will not let me, i get this:

Due to licensing restrictions, some or all tracks may be unavailable for playback in your country... Please try video search instead

Which would explain why the video files work fine but not the music.

Inviato Sat 26 Dec 09 @ 3:49 pm
I could identify with what your're saying,same here.

Inviato Sat 26 Dec 09 @ 6:47 pm
VDJ should provide the option to choose the sources that NetSearch uses, so unavailable sources can be deselected. There are a lot of tracks displayed from Project-playlist which are totally useless to anyone in the UK.

I've not managed to find any mention of what services use NetSearch, let alone the option to change them - I dont think this is good, purely out of courtesy for the service providers. If you make a program and you use another service or someone elses service, it's only polite to at least mention the name to give them some credit.

Inviato Sun 27 Dec 09 @ 5:59 am
I've found this whole "NetSearch" thing is hit or miss, at best. Sometimes it's stream unavailable, others I get something but its terrible quality. Once I think I grabbed a netsearch "song" and it was nothing but a bunch of background noise. It's certainly not reliable and I seldom use it. I'd rather they (VDJ) etched out some kind of agreement with a reputable online music provider to have some library integration that we can trust to have more quality materials. They had integrated with Napster (commercial) many years ago, but that was fairly short lived. The concept was good though, if you're library isn't big enough, hook up to one that's gobs bigger. Unfortunately, i'll guess it comes down to dollars and cents - music costs money, and in the US music industry, everybody has their hands in the till.

Inviato Fri 01 Jan 10 @ 4:56 pm
Heck, if they could integrate Amazon into it so I could log into it and purchase on the fly that would be awesome! A buck to get that annoying request off your back, money well spent!

Inviato Fri 01 Jan 10 @ 11:28 pm
Hei, Could somebody confirm that netsearch is limited for users from some regions, or is it just not working properly please.

Right now I can not looad any king of media from netsearch, and in the internet options shows "connected but limited membership", even though I have a Pro license.

Inviato Mon 04 Jan 10 @ 3:35 am
MrGuyUk. I did mention this problem over the holidays had the same issues.

This was one of the wonderful features Atomix VDJ boasted about when they launched the all new VDJ 6 and with in days Network search dismally failed. I am very disappointed that Atomix profiles Netseach as a free trial and yet the long term pros who have stuck with VDJ have not been given any feed back let alone an apology as to why it as been out of action during there busiest time of the year, as mentioned in my previous post which has been ignored by the guy who heads customer care. I guess he don't read the forums or just ducking the issue ?

Inviato Mon 04 Jan 10 @ 9:01 am
MrGuyUK wrote :
VDJ should provide the option to choose the sources that NetSearch uses, so unavailable sources can be deselected. There are a lot of tracks displayed from Project-playlist which are totally useless to anyone in the UK.

I've not managed to find any mention of what services use NetSearch, let alone the option to change them - I dont think this is good, purely out of courtesy for the service providers. If you make a program and you use another service or someone elses service, it's only polite to at least mention the name to give them some credit.

I understand where your coming from. But has the music etc can only be downloaded, cached and used by VDJ then accrediting the source need not apply at the moment. Rolling out a free trial use of Netsearch may be of an advantage to the source at a later date should it ever become a pay per use service. Just a thought.

Inviato Mon 04 Jan 10 @ 9:18 am

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)