Accesso rapido:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: correct file naming?

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

ashlarPRO InfinityMember since 2006
Ok guys. What is the best method you have found to name your audio files before loading them in VDJ to show Artist and Title correctly? I remember having a long conversation with Sky a few years back but with no resolve. I can see variations in mine even though they all are named the same (this is a smaple of my exact naming method for tracks):

128.0-c#-seymore_butts_-_see_the_light.wav

What are the best characters for separating Artist and Title? - dash? _ underscore? space? tab? comma? lol

Any help is greatly appreciated :)

Inviato Sun 27 Dec 09 @ 5:22 pm
taylaPRO InfinityMember since 2007
i wouldn't/don't under score and use the dash.

seymore butts - see the light... and all would be in capitols, well they would have to be for my eyesight, lol.

don't you use the tag editor for the rest of your information.

Inviato Sun 27 Dec 09 @ 6:07 pm
I do use a tag editor for other things such as year released, genre etc...

I just migrated from CD (my electronic music...I've been using my 80s video stuff now with VDJ for several years) and was always comfortable with including the bpm and key values in the name as opposed to tags :)

Inviato Sun 27 Dec 09 @ 7:07 pm
The standard naming convention is:

Artist - Title

E.g:

Seymore Butts - See The Light

You can also include additional information in brackets after the song's title (VDJ will see this as part of the title though), e.g:

Seymore Butts - See The Light (128.0) (C#)

Inviato Sun 27 Dec 09 @ 7:32 pm
Many thanks =)

Inviato Sun 27 Dec 09 @ 9:33 pm
jpboggis wrote :

Artist - Title

E.g:

You can also include additional information in brackets after the song's title (VDJ will see this as part of the title though), e.g:

Thats the way i do it!

Inviato Mon 28 Dec 09 @ 3:41 am
jpboggis wrote :

Artist - Title

E.g:

This is how I do it!

Inviato Tue 29 Dec 09 @ 3:28 am
Not me... I use

<album>\<disk#><track#> - <title> - <artist> for a compilation/collection/dj release

<artist>\<album>\<disk#><track#> - <title> for a solo artist/group/single release

I structure my files so that they can be searched easily on the hard drive. I rely on the tags and database search facilities of both VDJ and MediaMonkey to help me locate tracks...

Best of bost worlds...

Roy

Inviato Tue 29 Dec 09 @ 5:48 am

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)