Accesso rapido:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Windows crashes when running video on vdj 3.4

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

Before I begin I know that vdj 3.4 is not the latest version of vdj, however I have not had any issues with vdj until recently when I started doing video.

I am running Windows XP
I have an NVIDIA video card
80 gb hard (65% of mf my hard drive is free and clear and I keep it that way)
2 gb RAM
AMD Athlon Processor

yes it's an older machine but it does what I need it to do and I tried the newere version of vdj and I bought an RMX bottomline I wasn't satified with sound quality or performance so I stick with 3.4 because 95% of time I have less headaches.

Anyway, I can run video but after a while videos begin to load slowly and when I attempt to load mp3s they load slowly and finally I will get the blue screen of death.

Now I have to say that I have another laptop with vdj 3.4
2 gb RAM
200 GB hard drive (over 60% of the disk space is free)
AMD Turion Processor
ATI Rage video card

I get the same I have not experience the blue screen of death however there is slow loading times between video and MP3s

I am using a Hercules MK2 controller and I pulling files from my external hard drive. I understand that an external hard drive can result in a slower load time but when I don't run video (or more accurately when I have the TV output on the Video tab selected to window as opposed to the video card I am averaging about 10 secs for a video file about 50 megs in size) all my video files are mpegs and my audio files are all mp3s

There must be some settings I can adjust or adjust the virtual memory or have some way of allocating more system resources to support the video card.

I want to re-iterate when I play videos without sending the signal to the video card I do not have this problem I am thinking it may be a hardware issue.

Thank you for your help.

Inviato Fri 29 Jan 10 @ 4:21 pm
djreneePRO InfinityMember since 2004
Based on the information provided you will have LOTS of issues doing video.

I don't know where to begin to help you.

Inviato Sat 30 Jan 10 @ 2:34 am
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
If you're going to try and do video, don't mess around, get yourself a machine that is up to the task. You've not mentioned any processor speeds, but the laptop having an 80Gb drive is a good indicator. You definitely want a dual core so that you don't bog down the CPU so easily.

http://www.virtualdj.com/wiki/Specifications.html

Quote :
RECOMMENDED VIDEO MIXING REQUIREMENTS

The recommended configuration to mix video is:

* Dual Core 2 GhZ CPU
* dual output ATI or nVidia video card with 1Gb of on-board memory (no integrated laptop videocard)
* 2048 MB RAM

Bear in mind when you route that signal to your second output your system has to do a lot more processing since it now has two video outputs to handle, along with scaling the videos to match the second output. ATI Rage cards are ancient, and I'm guessing the nVidia is of the GeForce 2 era! Video card technology has come along massively; having a rubbish CPU won't help especially if there isn't much headroom for loading tracks.

Inviato Sat 30 Jan 10 @ 6:16 am

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)